Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture)

+138
plouie10
DHTech
Deuce2119
Spinplasm
mid_gen
Feuerwehr
prymevil
DADEO
gsalciccioli
Paladin2187
adamcall
311stylie
kjbuk
zinferlo
jackr000
rwanat1224
larryf67
Widmark
kaplansa
kalliasx
av-dude
sidigs
Anthony Bonello
huckster2
thedogstarman
mog_pj
ndskurfer
ZeroFusion
legeferenda
Xrypton
thedr
elchucho
LarryRac
skeeter
FlyByNgt
tulak
Mark515
alexade
ijthay
GilmanW
Kram
Greyfax1
Briwis
robyholmes
alskop
tvandemeeberg
david_l312
cheth
CVuPlay
sika stag
The_Chemist
Jarsky
Dubguy
Pdub247
ashley68
Jes The Cat
markwyse24
MARK616
riconek
bjornr
Poechi
sterrenberg
Lawplace
DournP
arlibama
enigmakrishna
parosser
rataplan
city1
jollyred
Hans143
thecaptain
Bitsmart Corp
mgause
ChrisNow
hjmm2002
gotagreatdog
dazkgoodwin
chatman
MusicLover
den327nj
bhinesley
JohnDollin
namwol55
teryglenn1
ejronin
Cloneman315
aballen
Seb007
jbhieber
JayeizH
steverobertsbbc
kimbray
funchameleon
megabyzus
Stereo Steve
pla
timbock2
xeryax
smashpwnage
likeahoss
Jonginear
jaypugh
toto
ernestshackleton
nexusseven
Jeron
mwhorseman
Jagdad
tedgocal
Sanxion72
rvath
Guindalf
dsteele1
txuser
911jason
cpmmk1
MusicHK
Otter0911
fchamorro
Spocktwin
miami580
dibe
mastergravis
KI2000
jksmccoy
Dadorama
chrisg
coryip
meyerman
jensen
zingmaster
jerryw
roger4680
Didsbury Nick
rlh
OnkyoUSA
etw
142 posters

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 8 Empty issues again

Post  jksmccoy Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:12 pm

onkyo,

After 3 to 4 weeks of no problem I started having problems again. I did upload the new firmware ending in 0300 about a week ago. This is starting to get old! The problem is I still have customers that are running HDMI sub out becuase I am scared to hook it up HDMI Main. The problem is they are not getting what they paid for just like me. Please get me an ETA on when you will have this fixed permanantly. If this continues I will trade in my Onkyo dealership for something more reliable.

jksmccoy

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 8 Empty Re: TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture)

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:54 pm

Hi jksmccoy,

I will let our engineering department know.

Thank you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 8 Empty Re: TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture)

Post  nexusseven Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:29 pm

Following the firmware update, and after a couple of weeks not seeing the problem, it just happened again. I needed to reboot the unit to get HDMI output.

It seems to me that the recent firmware has improved matters, but not completely fixed them.

nexusseven

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 8 Empty issues again

Post  jksmccoy Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:48 pm

[quote="OnkyoUSA"]Hi jksmccoy,

Thank you.

Onkyo,

The clock is ticking!!!! This should be a no brainer to you people, but for some reason is kicking you aXX.

I have a few questions that I would like to see answered.

1. Can you inlighten any of us as to what you think is the problem with the firmware or the receivers?
2. Why are some receivers working OK with all the firmware updates or no firmware updates? My supplier is stating they are not seeing the same problems as I am from any other customers. They have a big distributorship for Onkyo.
3. Can you let us know if you are just throwing enough crap on the wall to see what sticks?
4. Are you testing on your own receiver that had the same problem to see what is going on?

I am glad I am not one of the people that are loading the update and ending up with an expensive boat anchor.

jksmccoy

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 8 Empty New user, old issue...

Post  steverobertsbbc Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:55 am

Same problem over here in the UK. I set my 515 up on Saturday, updated to the 300 firmware version and all behaved well over the weekend. Two days later I've turned the receiver on and found that I have audio but no video on any inputs until the unit is power cycled. Network standby was on, I've now switched that off to see if it has any effect.

Reading through this thread and many others in various online forums, you do seem to be struggling with this problem. Hopefully your engineers are still on the case? I wish them luck, as a support engineer myself I know that it's sometimes terribly difficult to replicate problems users are having in the field when you're back in the workshop.

Is it possible to effect a cold start (ie as if turned on from the socket) via any of the front panel controls? ie hold down a certain button and press the standby button? That would make things a little easier...

steverobertsbbc

Back to top Go down

Post  Stereo Steve Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:06 pm

megabyzus wrote:
Stereo Steve wrote:Well, I’ve got the TX-NR616 and have the same HDMI “no picture” issue everybody is talking about twice in the past 4 days. To troubleshoot, I went directly from the DVR to the TV and it worked fine. This is the same for all devices; DirecTV DVR, Blu-Ray or Game input. Power off/on is the only thing that works. I'm glad I found this forum but am watching and waiting with the rest...

Additionally and maybe related or not, is when I turn the AVR off, I always leave it in the STB/DVR input mode. When I turn on the TV and DVR only, about 50% of the time they turn on fine and picture and sound pass through to the TV as expected. The other 50% however there is nothing. I turn on the AVR, or sometimes log-on via the Android app to find that it has switched to the “TV/CD” input. I change it to the STB/DVR input and all is as it was. Why doesn’t it stay on the same input while in standby mode? And it’s not like I’ve turned on any other devices during the last time I had it on either. It’s just a ghost.

Out of curiosity does your HDTV have CEC enabled? Denon's lose HDMI pass through as well. I was wondering if this is happening: http://denon.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/439/session/L3RpbWUvMTM0MTU1MDE1MC9zaWQvSEt6aUxxKms%3D

"When I'm using HDMI Control - Standby Pass Through why does my audio and video signal drop out completely?

This will occur when your TV's CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) function sends a communication to the receiver. When this communication occurs the receiver switches to its "TV" source to accept the CEC communication from the TV and then communicate back to the TV.

Being that the receiver is already in Standby and there's no display being output, there would be no way to see the source switch to "TV." The result then becomes a loss of audio and video to the TV as the receiver is no longer passing the HDMI input signal from the specific input you've set it to or using the "Last" source when the unit was powered
on."

Well, you nailed it. That appears to be exactly what is happening. Unfortunately, when I disable that option, everything goes to pot. When I make that change, I have sound coming out of both the TV and the receiver and the delay that comes with it and remote control functions get confused. It's nice to know the reason behind it but I'll take the 50% failure as long as I know how to fix it rather than the messed up result when it's configured "right". Thanks for the reply!

Stereo Steve

Back to top Go down

Post  megabyzus Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:39 pm

@Stereo Steve, you mention sound is coming out of both your receiver (speakers?) AND TV? Have you checked your Hardware->HDMI Control->RIHD settings? I have my RIHD currently off and have manually selected my pass through port AND I have TV Audio ON (since I don't have speakers connected yet). I suspect if you Audio TV=OFF you'll get sound only out of the receiver (speakers). Unless I'm mistaken and don't understand what you mean by sound out of 'receiver'.

megabyzus

Back to top Go down

Post  Stereo Steve Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:51 pm

I'll check on what you recommend but to answer your question, it goes like this. When I'm running only the DVR to the TV through the 616, I get picture AND sound to the TV. When I turn on the 616, the picture stays the same of course but the TV sound shuts off and begins coming out of the 616, (to the speakers). When I disabled the CEC, then sound came out of the 616, (speakers), AND the TV at the same time. That is no good.

Stereo Steve

Back to top Go down

Post  megabyzus Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:56 pm

Stereo Steve wrote:I'll check on what you recommend but to answer your question, it goes like this. When I'm running only the DVR to the TV through the 616, I get picture AND sound to the TV. When I turn on the 616, the picture stays the same of course but the TV sound shuts off and begins coming out of the 616, (to the speakers). When I disabled the CEC, then sound came out of the 616, (speakers), AND the TV at the same time. That is no good.

I'm confused then...Smile. Once the unit is powered on don't you want the TV cut off and the sound channeled to your speakers? Isn't it supposed to work that way?

*EDIT*: After further thought, I think I understand, when CEC is on your source switches to TV/CD. Hmmm, when I unboxed my 616 it had the same symptoms and I was able to kinda fix with CEC off. However, I have CEC re-enabled. I no longer get the inadvertent source switching for some reason (HDTV is Samsung and their CEC is called 'Anynet+). I did, however, switch off RIHD. But I don't have speakers connected yet and only use HDTV for audio/video. Tonight I'm connecting speakers. I'll see what happens.

megabyzus

Back to top Go down

Post  JayeizH Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:40 pm

Hello from Finland,

I have this issue with my new NR515. From HDMI Out Sub everything works fine, but from HDMI Out Main it don't work. But, after little bit of testing with my PS3, I found that this problem is with 1080p/24 signal. So if you watch DVD, it works fine, but when you watch BD and when PS3 automatically changes signal to 1080p/24, screen goes blank and TV don't get signal. With HDMI Out Sub 1080p/24 signal works fine.

So, I think the problem is with 1080p/24 signal. Have anyone else tested this?

JayeizH

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 8 Empty ONKYO please reply

Post  jksmccoy Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:18 pm

[quote="jksmccoy"][quote="OnkyoUSA"]Hi jksmccoy,

Thank you.

Onkyo,

The clock is ticking!!!! This should be a no brainer to you people, but for some reason is kicking you aXX.

I have a few questions that I would like to see answered.

1. Can you inlighten any of us as to what you think is the problem with the firmware or the receivers?
2. Why are some receivers working OK with all the firmware updates or no firmware updates? My supplier is stating they are not seeing the same problems as I am from any other customers. They have a big distributorship for Onkyo.
3. Can you let us know if you are just throwing enough crap on the wall to see what sticks?
4. Are you testing on your own receiver that had the same problem to see what is going on?

I am glad I am not one of the people that are loading the update and ending up with an expensive boat anchor.

Onkyo,

It would be nice if you replied to the questions above and everyone else. We are the customer and did not wish to have these issues. At least you can repond to our questions and input we put on here. I believe you should be on here first thing in the morning with an update and before you go home with an update EVERY day! This is starting to get old and very frustrating for myself and my customers. When is this going to be fixed??? Please answer my questions below!!!

jksmccoy

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 8 Empty Sincerely Dissapointed

Post  jbhieber Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:01 pm

This is my first Onkyo purchase and it is very disappointing to see so many other people having the exact same as me. I, too would return this receiver if I had not put up with it for too long to prohibit a return. When the unit works, it is awesome. I love the 2 zone, the Internet content ( which works 50%) of the time with the UWF-1...but that's another story and another post. It also pains me that this string has been going on for 2 months and Onkyo can't figure it out yet. I see there is another firmware posted on 7/4/12. Has anyone tried it to see if it fixes the problem. Unplugging the unit truly is a pain in the ass, but as everyone has already figured out, is the only way to fix it. Try walking your wife or child through how to get the TV back on...right. Onkyo, please step up and admit there is an issue and devote the resources to getting it fixed, or I too, will be finding another receiver and never consider Onkyo again.

jbhieber

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 8 Empty UWF-1

Post  jksmccoy Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:16 pm

jbhieber wrote:This is my first Onkyo purchase and it is very disappointing to see so many other people having the exact same as me. I, too would return this receiver if I had not put up with it for too long to prohibit a return. When the unit works, it is awesome. I love the 2 zone, the Internet content ( which works 50%) of the time with the UWF-1...but that's another story and another post. It also pains me that this string has been going on for 2 months and Onkyo can't figure it out yet. I see there is another firmware posted on 7/4/12. Has anyone tried it to see if it fixes the problem. Unplugging the unit truly is a pain in the ass, but as everyone has already figured out, is the only way to fix it. Try walking your wife or child through how to get the TV back on...right. Onkyo, please step up and admit there is an issue and devote the resources to getting it fixed, or I too, will be finding another receiver and never consider Onkyo again.

Jbhieber,

Try the IOGEAR GWU627. Plug the Ethernet into the back of the receiver and the USB into the back of the receiver for power following the instructions to connect to your Internet. This is 10 times a better way?

jksmccoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Seb007 Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:44 am

Hi every one,

I'm French and in France, we too have this issue of no video on HDMI Main.
I've a 616 and the video out on the sub hdmi is perfect but as menu only display on the main output, this is annoying...

One more thing, i succeedeed in seeying nvidia 3D vision through my onkyo to my optoma hd67n (thanks to an EDID modification that makes my PC believe that i plug directly my videoprojector to it, with the audio capacity of my onkyo amplificator) only on the sub HDMI. There is no output on the main (the others inputs like my BD player work)... Strange ? To help you, the input signal is 1280*720p/120Hz.

I hope that the issue of this HDMI main will be corrected rapidly... Is there a firmware on the way ?

Thanks.

Seb007

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 8 Empty ONKYO PLEASE REPLY

Post  jksmccoy Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:08 am

Onkyo,

I have never in my life been so dissatisfied with a product and service in my life! This past week I have wrote multiple times ask for this issue to be resolved or some kind of time frame. I have customers pissed off at me, not to mention my wife and kids for having to unplug the receiver everytime they want to watch TV. I have been a long time Onkyo dealer and may come to a short end if this is not fixed ASAP! If I do not get answer to this and all my other comments from this week I will be forced to take action.

Does any know the e-mail address to Naoto Otsuki President and CEO of Onkyo?
Twisted Evil

Congrats Onkyo, half a day gone and still no reply! We can see you are replying to some but not all. I really think you don't know what you are doing?

affraid

jksmccoy

Back to top Go down

Post  aballen Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:19 pm

Just had this issue this morning.

My setup TX-NR515, Direc-TV, PS3, Wii, and AppleTV, onkyo wireless dongle in the back.

I turned on zone 2 last night, today I had the same problem listed in this thread. No video out from any input. I used my iPhone remote app to turn of CEC, that did not appear to resolve my issue, but when I turned off Zone2, and then powered down, everything worked once powered up. I cant say if CEC, Zone2 disable, or powering down/up fixed it, or if it was a combination of two.

Just wanted to let you know, another person having this issue, have not seen anyone mentioning Zone2... hopefully it does not come back for me.

aballen

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 8 Empty ONKYO PLEASE READ!!!! MAYBE A SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM!!!!

Post  jksmccoy Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:22 pm

[quote="aballen"]Just had this issue this morning.

My setup TX-NR515, Direc-TV, PS3, Wii, and AppleTV, onkyo wireless dongle in the back.

I turned on zone 2 last night, today I had the same problem listed in this thread. No video out from any input. I used my iPhone remote app to turn of CEC, that did not appear to resolve my issue, but when I turned off Zone2, and then powered down, everything worked once powered up. I cant say if CEC, Zone2 disable, or powering down/up fixed it, or if it was a combination of two.

Just wanted to let you know, another person having this issue, have not seen anyone mentioning Zone2... hopefully it does not come back for me.

After reading's comments about zone 2 I starting thinking about all my problems and customer problems I am having. When abalien commented that he turned the zone 2 off everything started working again. When I was having problems back when I purchased my TX-NR515 for myself and other customers I turned my zone 2 off and have not used it in a while and I turned my customer to HDMI sub out. Two weeks ago after a month of not having HDMI problems, I turned my zone 2 off (which I leave on 24 hours a day 7 days a week and I use volume control knobs to control the volume for zone 2) I do the same for all my customers with the zone 2. I have a few customers that do not have volume control knobs and have to turn the zone 2 off and on everytime they want to use it with the Logitech 900. They are not having the same issues because they are not leaving on zone 2.

Onkyo, have your firmware programmers check on this issue. i have set my receiver zone 2 off and will test here.

All Onkyo customers, please do the same with your units and see if this is truely the issue. Turn your zone 2 off for at least a week and see if it fixes the issue.

jksmccoy

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 8 Empty Zone 2 OFF or ON makes no difference... here anyway.

Post  dsteele1 Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:10 pm

No joy here... I've run my 515 with and without Zone 2 ON and it still disables HDMI audio randomly whenever I backup (rewind) my DVR. Pulling the plug is the ONLY thing that resets it back to a working system.

[quote="jksmccoy"]
aballen wrote:Just had this issue this morning.

After reading's comments about zone 2 I starting thinking about all my problems and customer problems I am having. When abalien commented that he turned the zone 2 off everything started working again. When I was having problems back when I purchased my TX-NR515 for myself and other customers I turned my zone 2 off and have not used it in a while and I turned my customer to HDMI sub out. Two weeks ago after a month of not having HDMI problems, I turned my zone 2 off (which I leave on 24 hours a day 7 days a week and I use volume control knobs to control the volume for zone 2) I do the same for all my customers with the zone 2. I have a few customers that do not have volume control knobs and have to turn the zone 2 off and on everytime they want to use it with the Logitech 900. They are not having the same issues because they are not leaving on zone 2.

Onkyo, have your firmware programmers check on this issue. i have set my receiver zone 2 off and will test here.

All Onkyo customers, please do the same with your units and see if this is truely the issue. Turn your zone 2 off for at least a week and see if it fixes the issue.

Last edited by dsteele1 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

dsteele1

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 8 Empty Zone 2 on or off HDMI audio out or HDMI video out

Post  jksmccoy Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:19 pm

[quote="dsteele1"]No joy here... I've run my 515 with and without Zone 2 ON and it still disables HDMI audio randomly whenever I backup (rewind) my DVR. Pulling the plug is the ONLY thing that resets it back to a working system.

jksmccoy wrote:

Onkyo, have your firmware programmers check on this issue. i have set my receiver zone 2 off and will test

here.

Dsteele1, are you talking about audio out or video out through HDMI. My issue is video HDMI out problems.

jksmccoy

Back to top Go down

Post  dsteele1 Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:24 pm

jksmccoy... mine is audio problem... sorry about that. My HDMI Audio is disabled randomly when in STANDBY MODE... works fine when audio is going through the AVR Amp (out of STANDBY).

[quote="jksmccoy"]
dsteele1 wrote:No joy here... I've run my 515 with and without Zone 2 ON and it still disables HDMI audio randomly whenever I backup (rewind) my DVR. Pulling the plug is the ONLY thing that resets it back to a working system.

jksmccoy wrote:

Onkyo, have your firmware programmers check on this issue. i have set my receiver zone 2 off and will test

here.

Dsteele1, are you talking about audio out or video out through HDMI. My issue is video HDMI out problems.

dsteele1

Back to top Go down

Post  jksmccoy Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:27 pm

[quote="dsteele1"]jksmccoy... mine is audio problem... sorry about that. My HDMI Audio is disabled randomly when in STANDBY MODE... works fine when audio is going through the AVR Amp (out of STANDBY).

jksmccoy wrote:
dsteele1 wrote:No joy here... I've run my 515 with and without Zone 2 ON and it still disables HDMI audio randomly whenever I backup (rewind) my DVR. Pulling the plug is the ONLY thing that resets it back to a working system.

jksmccoy wrote:

here.

That's hard to believe Onkyohas two problems with the same product!

jksmccoy

Back to top Go down

Post  dsteele1 Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:40 pm

That's hard to believe Onkyohas two problems with the same product![/quote]

Oh, I have your problem too. Turn my AT&T U-Verse DVR / Samsung TV on in STANDBY MODE... no Video or Audio... Samsung TV says " Error.. check your cables... nothing is attached here" or something like this. These new 2012 should never have been released to manufacturing... they were never tested properly. I'm an ex Electronics Engineering Tech and an ex Electronics Production Manager... I know of what I talk about. "Get these units out the door so our sales guys can make their numbers" i.e. PROFITS!!!! "We'll fix the problems later". Guess what.. we're now their beta testers. I notice the Onkyo guy doesn't respond anymore to our questions and observations... did he quit? Couldn't handle it I guess. affraid lol!

dsteele1

Back to top Go down

Post  jksmccoy Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:06 pm

dsteele1 wrote:That's hard to believe Onkyohas two problems with the same product!

Oh, I have your problem too. Turn my AT&T U-Verse DVR / Samsung TV on in STANDBY MODE... no Video or Audio... Samsung TV says " Error.. check your cables... nothing is attached here" or something like this. These new 2012 should never have been released to manufacturing... they were never tested properly. I'm an ex Electronics Engineering Tech and an ex Electronics Production Manager... I know of what I talk about. "Get these units out the door so our sales guys can make their numbers" i.e. PROFITS!!!! "We'll fix the problems later". Guess what.. we're now their beta testers. I notice the Onkyo guy doesn't respond anymore to our questions and observations... did he quit? Couldn't handle it I guess. affraid lol! [/quote]

He didn't quit, he is responding to other topics, he quit responding to this. It really sucks! I am still waiting to see if anyone has the e-mail address to the president and CEO of onkyo. I wonder if he knows the problems onkyo is having and if he does, then does he know his people aren't giving 100% customer service. The guy that responds should at least acknowledge the post and answer ALL questions.
I am going to an open house to one of my distributors Thursday night, I hope the onkyo rep is there so I can bloody his ear with my very load voice?

jksmccoy

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:21 am

Hi jksmccoy,

Can you provide me with the firmware version you have?

Thank you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jksmccoy Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:25 am

jksmccoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next