Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture)

+138
plouie10
DHTech
Deuce2119
Spinplasm
mid_gen
Feuerwehr
prymevil
DADEO
gsalciccioli
Paladin2187
adamcall
311stylie
kjbuk
zinferlo
jackr000
rwanat1224
larryf67
Widmark
kaplansa
kalliasx
av-dude
sidigs
Anthony Bonello
huckster2
thedogstarman
mog_pj
ndskurfer
ZeroFusion
legeferenda
Xrypton
thedr
elchucho
LarryRac
skeeter
FlyByNgt
tulak
Mark515
alexade
ijthay
GilmanW
Kram
Greyfax1
Briwis
robyholmes
alskop
tvandemeeberg
david_l312
cheth
CVuPlay
sika stag
The_Chemist
Jarsky
Dubguy
Pdub247
ashley68
Jes The Cat
markwyse24
MARK616
riconek
bjornr
Poechi
sterrenberg
Lawplace
DournP
arlibama
enigmakrishna
parosser
rataplan
city1
jollyred
Hans143
thecaptain
Bitsmart Corp
mgause
ChrisNow
hjmm2002
gotagreatdog
dazkgoodwin
chatman
MusicLover
den327nj
bhinesley
JohnDollin
namwol55
teryglenn1
ejronin
Cloneman315
aballen
Seb007
jbhieber
JayeizH
steverobertsbbc
kimbray
funchameleon
megabyzus
Stereo Steve
pla
timbock2
xeryax
smashpwnage
likeahoss
Jonginear
jaypugh
toto
ernestshackleton
nexusseven
Jeron
mwhorseman
Jagdad
tedgocal
Sanxion72
rvath
Guindalf
dsteele1
txuser
911jason
cpmmk1
MusicHK
Otter0911
fchamorro
Spocktwin
miami580
dibe
mastergravis
KI2000
jksmccoy
Dadorama
chrisg
coryip
meyerman
jensen
zingmaster
jerryw
roger4680
Didsbury Nick
rlh
OnkyoUSA
etw
142 posters

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 14 Empty We're helping, but...

Post  alskop Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:21 pm

All due respect, we're helping as much as we can with information, but honestly, you guys are the engineers, right? You DO have these units on your test benches, right? Is it too much to ask that you stop putting it on us and making it seem like the reason we don't have an update yet is because WE'RE not giving you the information YOU need to help US? There have been weeks of you telling us that a solution is "coming out very soon," but I'm losing faith, and my return period for this model is quickly closing in. What should I do? How confident are you that this will be fixed?

alskop

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 14 Empty Re: TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture)

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:10 pm

Asklop;

Please review the PM message and answer back to onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com promptly.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 14 Empty Re: TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture)

Post  ashley68 Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:31 am

well after generating an EDID override file for my Optoma HD66 and the Onkyo, I'm able to get the projector running fine through the receiver Sub output from the media centre at all resolutions including 120hz 720p 3D, so in my case the issue of no output is definitely to do with EDID. The only issue I have is bit streaming DTS master from the media centre after the EDID override - but this is something I'll take up on the avsforum posting. I hope this might help someone else. I'll also try and follow up with Onkyo NZ support to try to get Onkyo to provided an official EDID override file with full audio capabilities for the win7 media centre/Onkyo NR515/HD66 combination. I do notice that after applying the EDID override, the order of powering on the HDMI devices seems to be more important than it was before - but I don't really care as I now have a solution that works.

ashley68

Back to top Go down

Post  jksmccoy Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:10 pm

[quote="OnkyoUSA"]We are aware of the issue you are currently experiencing and are diligently working to resolve this issue for our many customers afflicted. Please check our Press Release for any updated information regarding the resolution and announcement of any firmware updates for your model receiver.

Thank You again for your patience and cooperation regarding this issue;

Forum Moderator

Onkyo, I have been on on this topic since on of the first pages.

This is very disappointing since I am an installer and you have ignored me since the very first problem accrued. I have multiple customers (50 to 75) that have this receiver TX-NR515 and everyone of them have the same problem. Everyone of them have different set-ups, different TV's different DVD players, different Cable and Satellite providers. All have the same issue.
I have some customers including myself that have to turn off zone 2, turn off the receiver, then turn the receiver back on to get the picture to come back on. I have multiple customers that the zone 2 trick does not work, and I they have to unplug the power to reset the picture.
You have a bigger problem than you know. What I don't understand is how you let this go on for so long. You need to put $100 bill with every receiver so that people can put up with this crap. I need it for the fuel I am wasting and the time I a, taking to do your PR to save my business. All it takes is one pissed off customer to ruin your business.
What are you going to do to fix this?
How long is this going to take?
Should I keep selling your product?

I don't need a recorded reply about the crap you are telling everyone about the press release that never gets updated or that Onkyo will admit they have problems with the 515's and 616's.
If you a special forum for dealers, please let me know.

jksmccoy

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 14 Empty Exactly the same issue for me after 2 months

Post  Kram Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:28 pm

Exactly the same problems as OP after 2 months. First time Onkyo buyer, frustrated and disappointed. International Information emailed to moderator.

Kram

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:38 pm

Hello jksmccoy;

I have provided and posted information for customers to respond and provide data for further assistance to work on resolving this issue. For those who have provided information; we have assisted and been able to resolve their issues with their TX-NR 515 and TX-NR 616 receivers. We are very proactive in resolving this issue and are able to help those who have been gracious in allowing us to assist them. If you would like to speak with us so we can work on a resolution with your customers to further assist them with this issue. We could've used your information and this would of possibly have resolved your issues from your first commentation of this issue. We would still like to help you resolve these issues; as I have advised the supervisory department of your issues circa May 2011. No email or responses so we could had previously contacted you; so please complete the following, so please reply to your PM for further assistance.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ashley68 Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:58 pm

Hello OnkyoUSA,
despite sending you detailed information (including EDID captures) and you saying that Onkyo Asia/Oceania would be in touch this week, I've heard nothing.
I'm a little frustrated that I spent much time in attempting to pin point the issue and pin point it to EDID processing/interpretation on the NR515 and then don't even get any acknowledgement back from Onkyo Asia/Oceania.
As much as I find the price point/feature set of the NR515 great, the reality is that if it doesn't work properly out the box, then most people will return it and replace it with a different brand.
Please can you advise where things are up to with this. Exactly which country is working on the firmware and how do we get direct contact with the firmware team?

ashley68

Back to top Go down

Post  bjornr Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:07 pm

So, third-party pinpointed the problem and you are giving him a hard time.

Not much a fan of this.

bjornr

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:26 pm

We are working with the regional Onkyo Product Support department to further assist this consumer from New Zealand. As this forum services North American Onkyo users- we are also aware many forum users are international customers as well. We are actively following up with the regional Onkyo Product Support department to confirm servicing has commenced. We hope to resolve this issue promptly.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 14 Empty I am also experiencing this problem on an Integra DTR-20.4

Post  GilmanW Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:22 pm

I am experiencing this problem as well and I am so pleased to find that there is a forum discussing the issue. This unit was purchased from an Authorized Dealer in Bellevue, WA USA.

Here is my response to the information that the Moderator has been requesting.

• Make/model of source device(s): Integra DTR-20.4

• Does this happen with all sources? If not, which one(s)? All HDMI sources.

• Make/model and length of HDMI cables/extenders/etc : Blue Jeans Cable (BJC) using Belden Series-FE bonded-pair cable (rated 15' for Category 2): 3' from source to receiver, 9' from receiver to TV

• When does this happen (always at initial power on, when switching sources, while watching a particular source, combination)? Initial power on, not every time. More likely to happen after standby overnight. Often can only be resolved by disconnecting the power cable of the receiver.

• Make/model of TV/ Projector: Panasonic Plasma - TC-P55VT50

• Approximately how often does this happen (1 out of 10 times, etc)? 1 out of 3 to 4. Note that frequency seems to be less important than amount of time the receiver has been off. If you turn off and back on soon after a successful use, there is a very good chance it will work. If you turn off for an extended time (like overnight) there is a very high chance that it will reoccur.

• How many times has this happened? Started at every other day, now occuring daily.

• How long has the unit been installed? Approximately 3 months (installed 6/28/2012).

• What is the exact firmware version (check by going to FW update via the "Home" button on the remote)? 1130-9106-0300

• What is the HDMI Monitor Out setting (Auto, THRU, etc)? Auto

• Are you using HDMI OUT MAIN or SUB? HDMI OUT MAIN

• What is the Picture Mode (Custom, Cinema, Through, Direct, etc)? Direct

• Is HDMI Control (RIHD) On or Off (look in Hardware Setup-> HDMI)? Off

• Is HDMI THRU On or Off (look in Hardware Setup-> HDMI)? Off

• Is Net Standby On or Off ((look in Hardware Setup-> Network)? Off

• What is the Incoming and Outgoing video resolution (press the Display Button on the front panel until it shows both… should be something like "1080p/60 -> 1080p/60")? 1080p/60 -> 1080p/60

Last edited by GilmanW on Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add detail about location (i.e., US warranty))

GilmanW

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 14 Empty Another one...

Post  ijthay Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:30 pm

Another one with the same issue, in Australia. Bought 10 days ago, and it’s a daily issue, with a hard reset the only workaround, which still sometimes fails to work. After previously owning a TXSR-606 which failed with the well-known HDMI board issue, I thought that was a one off and tried another Onkyo. Ill send through my information per the request on this forum, but not overly interested in waiting for a fix that may never eventuate.

ijthay

Back to top Go down

Post  alexade Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:06 am

OnkyoUSA wrote:Hello jksmccoy;

I have provided and posted information for customers to respond and provide data for further assistance to work on resolving this issue. For those who have provided information; we have assisted and been able to resolve their issues with their TX-NR 515 and TX-NR 616 receivers. We are very proactive in resolving this issue and are able to help those who have been gracious in allowing us to assist them. If you would like to speak with us so we can work on a resolution with your customers to further assist them with this issue. We could've used your information and this would of possibly have resolved your issues from your first commentation of this issue. We would still like to help you resolve these issues; as I have advised the supervisory department of your issues circa May 2011. No email or responses so we could had previously contacted you; so please complete the following, so please reply to your PM for further assistance.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator

Would love to hear from any of the people with the issues that Onkyo claims to have resolved - please do post everyone, I am sure we all want to hear what these fixes are...

Surely there is not a fix for each individual box? That would sound like hardware and not firmware - so which is it??
If you know what the problem is you need to give the solutions to everyone and as soon as possible.

I look forward to hearing ashley68's further comments on what the moderator has posted and all the other on the forum especially if you have sent info and got a reply - or not.

alexade

Back to top Go down

Post  enigmakrishna Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:31 am

OnkyoUSA wrote:We are working with the regional Onkyo Product Support department to further assist this consumer from New Zealand. As this forum services North American Onkyo users- we are also aware many forum users are international customers as well. We are actively following up with the regional Onkyo Product Support department to confirm servicing has commenced. We hope to resolve this issue promptly.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator

I'm living in Hong Kong and have written to the Onkyo Forum Moderator here.
I'd like to confirm that i have received a phone call from the ONKYO service centre in Hong Kong, asking me what the problem was.
BUT he didnt offer any help at all. Nor did he even sound familiar with what the issue was. Embarassed
In the end, there was no help or suggestion given, not to mention any solution or follow up action for this problem. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

enigmakrishna

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark515 Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:03 pm

I still have my unit unopened, in the box. I've been waiting for a firmware update (or other reasonable solution) to this problem for weeks now. It sounds like thousands of units are affected. Has anyone had this problem running single zone, through main, with no secondary monitor running (that would be equivalent to my set up)?

Before I seriously consider returning this unit I want to know what exactly has been done to "resolve the issue" for those customers that have been contacted by Onkyo.

Would be great to have a detailed answer instead of a generic response. Unhappy customers will have a direct impact to your bottomline, particularly in this day and age where word of mouth literally means a world wide dissemination of opinion.

Regards

Mark

Mark515

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 14 Empty TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture)

Post  tulak Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:08 pm

Here is one more user with same problem.
I started use netflix daily at list two or 3 times per week I need to unplug from power outlet to get work, Sad Sad Sad

update:today I had to I unplugged the power to the receiver from the wall socket and plugged it back in and everything is worked for 1 hour entill blue sreen came and no sound! I had to unplugged for second time today! Mad Mad

Last edited by tulak on Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

tulak

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 14 Empty CHECK OUT MY TOPIC ABOUT THE PASSTHROUGH

Post  FlyByNgt Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:46 pm

Please look at my topic and try what I have found out that works until Onkyo figures this out.

Under FlyByNgt
FlyByNgt
FlyByNgt

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 14 Empty Topic heading TX-NR616 and other units with the HDMI pass thru not working after shut off test of units what I see and might help Onkyo's Service ** ALSO INFO ON ONKYO'S REMOTE APP**

Post  FlyByNgt Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:48 pm

Here is the topic thread:

TX-NR616 and other units with the HDMI pass thru not working after shut off test of units what I see and might help Onkyo's Service ** ALSO INFO ON ONKYO'S REMOTE APP**
FlyByNgt
FlyByNgt

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 14 Empty Sorry here is the link....

Post  FlyByNgt Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:54 pm

FlyByNgt
FlyByNgt

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 14 Empty Any Update

Post  skeeter Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:59 pm

Has any progress been made with this issue? I have kicked around sending the unit in for repair, but if it is a firmware issue, then sending it in for repair is just a waste of time. I have called support multiple times, but no one has ever offered any help outside of trying to update firmware, let alone confirmed that this is an issue to multiple people. I have had this receiver for 2 months. This is the 4th Onkyo receiver I have owned. With the way this is being handled, it will also be my last.

skeeter

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark515 Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:54 pm

Hi moderator,

It would be great to get an update. Please let us know if you have been able to replicate the problem in house? That in itself would put some owner's mind as ease that the problem has been identified in house and is being tackled.

Thanks!

Mark515

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 14 Empty Onkyo TX-NR515 HDMI out not working

Post  LarryRac Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:14 am

Hey Support, my Onkyo TX-NR515 HDMI main out is not working and I'm mad as hell! Like most complaints my unit went bad 3 weeks after install. Why is that so consistent to everyone else's problem? I've read all the complaints to this issue and it doesn't seem Onkyo support can isolate the problem and hence give us any resolution to this screw up. You have done more damage to your brand on just this one issue. What do we do? Is the talked about firmware coming soon? Will it fix this problem? HDMI cable is good. I have a 52" Sony XBR6 TV. I read to turn the Onkyo on first then the TV, which I do. I also did a factory reset. Its the HDMI main out and not the inputs. Address this now and save your image or not and lose more core customers for no good reason at all.

LarryRac

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 14 Empty hope this helps

Post  elchucho Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:30 pm

I installed a home theater for a costumer. I gave him free support whenever he had problems with the system. 3 months later his brother came from out of town. The costumer calls me and tells me that his brother used the system and he cannot get a picture on the TV. I tried to trouble shoot with him on the phone, but he could not know what to do . So I went back to see what was going on. ok this is what was going on

today's electronics have a way to communicate with eachother
ok I started to trouble shoot the problem here is what was happening

MAIN PROBLEM when i click remote on ------------------tv turn on , onkyo turn on , att box turn off = no video signal to onkyo = no video to tv
in this case no video on tv because your sourse is off
when i click remote to off-----------------tv turn off , onkyo turn off , att box turn on = no video to tv
in this case you will not get video to tv because onkyo is off and of course tv is off too
what was going on is a turn on/off miss-cycle. Also tv and onkyo were communicating with eachother but not with the att box. The att box did not support cec, so the att box was turning on/off with the remote infra-red as i aimed the remote directly at it. The onkyo and att box were physically located together and the tv was on top of the fire place 10 feet away, so if I aimed the remote to the tv the tv sent the signal to the onkyo to turn on bia hdmi cec. If I aimed the remote to the att and onkyo, the onkyo would turn on and tell the tv to turn on via hdmi cec. However, the att box would do the opposite of the last cycle. If it was on then it would turn off. If I would unplug all of the equipment and then plug it back in, then the problem would be fixed which made me believe there was a problem with the onkyo.

SOLUTION

Make sure to find the sources that do not support cec, and always aim at them on the turn on/off cycle. Make sure that you set the hdmi main out to be your MAIN OUT ON THE SET UP MENU.

elchucho

Back to top Go down

Post  Pdub247 Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:22 am

^ 24 pages and you think this is the solution... ?

Pdub247

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 14 Empty Still nothing...?

Post  city1 Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:43 am

I exchanged my defective TX-NR515, and received (surprise!) another brand new, defective TX-NR515. If I am truly that unlucky to be a double member of the "less than .3%" club, then maybe I shouldn't leave my house for a while and subject myself to things that I have higher chance of being a victim of (violent crime, automobile accident, lightning, bees).

Seriously, to continue requesting info about owners' TVs and make/model of HDMI cable, when it is obviously not a peripheral issue, is quite insulting.

Either fix your screw up or recall/refund your defective product. And to keep selling shit that you know doesn't work correctly is downright dishonest...

city1

Back to top Go down

Post  bjornr Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:27 am

This is getting out of hand. The TX-NR515 is clearly defective and since there have been no firmware updates to fix this issue as promised, it's time to pay the piper. The unit is a few months old now and I will not get a refund for this defective stuff even if this now should be listed as a known issue / RMA-case. Can ONKYO please let the resellers know that you will be taking these units back for full refund since they are not working? Anything else would be a joke, really.

bjornr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next