Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture)

+138
plouie10
DHTech
Deuce2119
Spinplasm
mid_gen
Feuerwehr
prymevil
DADEO
gsalciccioli
Paladin2187
adamcall
311stylie
kjbuk
zinferlo
jackr000
rwanat1224
larryf67
Widmark
kaplansa
kalliasx
av-dude
sidigs
Anthony Bonello
huckster2
thedogstarman
mog_pj
ndskurfer
ZeroFusion
legeferenda
Xrypton
thedr
elchucho
LarryRac
skeeter
FlyByNgt
tulak
Mark515
alexade
ijthay
GilmanW
Kram
Greyfax1
Briwis
robyholmes
alskop
tvandemeeberg
david_l312
cheth
CVuPlay
sika stag
The_Chemist
Jarsky
Dubguy
Pdub247
ashley68
Jes The Cat
markwyse24
MARK616
riconek
bjornr
Poechi
sterrenberg
Lawplace
DournP
arlibama
enigmakrishna
parosser
rataplan
city1
jollyred
Hans143
thecaptain
Bitsmart Corp
mgause
ChrisNow
hjmm2002
gotagreatdog
dazkgoodwin
chatman
MusicLover
den327nj
bhinesley
JohnDollin
namwol55
teryglenn1
ejronin
Cloneman315
aballen
Seb007
jbhieber
JayeizH
steverobertsbbc
kimbray
funchameleon
megabyzus
Stereo Steve
pla
timbock2
xeryax
smashpwnage
likeahoss
Jonginear
jaypugh
toto
ernestshackleton
nexusseven
Jeron
mwhorseman
Jagdad
tedgocal
Sanxion72
rvath
Guindalf
dsteele1
txuser
911jason
cpmmk1
MusicHK
Otter0911
fchamorro
Spocktwin
miami580
dibe
mastergravis
KI2000
jksmccoy
Dadorama
chrisg
coryip
meyerman
jensen
zingmaster
jerryw
roger4680
Didsbury Nick
rlh
OnkyoUSA
etw
142 posters

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) Empty TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture)

Post  etw Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:20 am

Equipment: TX-NR515, Sharp Quattron 46LE832U HDTV, DirecTV HR24-500. At least once per day, when I power up my system, there is no picture on the monitor out. The only "solution" is to unplug and plug back in the Onkyo and then I see the HDMI start up sequence and the ONKYO logo appear on my display. After this, the system behaves as expected. I cannot find any way to fully power off the 515 from the remote, which would help somewhat.

etw

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) Empty Re: TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture)

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:24 am

Hi etw,
We would like for you to quickly run through our HDMI Checklist to rule out a few things first. This information can be found on our blog: http://onkyousacustomersupportblog.wordpress.com/2011/09/13/the-hdmi-checklist/ Thank you for choosing Onkyo and please keep us posted.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) Empty Re: TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture)

Post  etw Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:05 pm

I am using all brand new Mediabridge high speed HDMI cables. The system works most of the time. What I am saying is sometimes when I start up my system (with Harmony One remote), all the devices power up but there is no video from the 515's monitor out. I can see the on screen display for the TV and even start up its apps, but their is no video coming from the 515. I can't believe I would need to do a hard reset on this unit already, but I can try it. Since everything works 90% of the time, I fail to understand why it would be the cables. This seems to be the first suggestion made on all problems. Assume the user doesn't even have the basic things right and go from there.

etw

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:07 pm

Hi etw,

Unfortunately 75% of the time it is a bad cable, hence that is why checking the cables is one of the first things on our trouble shooting steps.
Is this happening on just your TV and cable box or does this happen on everything you have connected to the receiver via HDMI?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  etw Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:32 pm

I switched HDMI cables with those supplied by DirecTV. On first power up this evening, same issue... no video from HDMI (Main). After unplugging and replugging in the 515 I see the ONKYO splash screen and DirecTV video comes in shortly thereafter. Powered down everything and it powered back up fine with video. It seems to go into this failure state after being off for a period of time.

etw

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) Empty Same/Similar Issue

Post  rlh Tue May 01, 2012 1:02 am

etw wrote:I switched HDMI cables with those supplied by DirecTV. On first power up this evening, same issue... no video from HDMI (Main). After unplugging and replugging in the 515 I see the ONKYO splash screen and DirecTV video comes in shortly thereafter. Powered down everything and it powered back up fine with video. It seems to go into this failure state after being off for a period of time.

In am having the same issue. No signal to the TV via the HDMI out. Worked fine originally. Mine will actually work for the BluRay then if I switch to cable and come back to the Bluray nothing. Seems very buggy. I just bought the unit and am contemplating returning it. Any other ideas on a fix?

rlh

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue May 01, 2012 12:43 pm

Hi forum users,

We are currently investigating your issue. Thank you for your patience.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) Empty Same issue

Post  Didsbury Nick Wed May 02, 2012 7:19 am

I am having the same problem with my NR515

Equipment Satellite Sky+HD, AV amp NR515 and TV Samsung LE40B650T2W

If the NR515 has been on standby for more than an hour or so there is no signal from the main HDMI output to the TV when it is switched on again using the remote.

If the power to theNR515 is switched off and on again it works normally until placed on standby for any length of time.

The second output seems to work normally but of course does not display any NR515 data on screen.

I have tried 3 different HDMI cables with no effect

Didsbury Nick

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) Empty HDMI (SUB) does indeed work...

Post  etw Wed May 02, 2012 6:08 pm

I powered up my system today and sure enough, no video on HDMI (Main). The post just above this one said the HDMI (Sub) would operate, so I tried it to see. Sure enough when I unplugged the HDMI cable from HDMI (Main) port and connected it to HDMI (Sub) I did indeed get video on HDMI (Sub). I switched the cable back to HDMI (Main) and still no picture. Had to unplug the 515 and plug it back in to get it working.

EtW

etw

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri May 04, 2012 4:59 pm

Hi etw,

We would like to know the firmware version on your TV if you know it? Also if you bypass the receiver and go from the cable box direct to the TV and let it play for a while does this work without issue?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  etw Fri May 04, 2012 5:17 pm

OnkyoUSA wrote:Hi etw,

We would like to know the firmware version on your TV if you know it? Also if you bypass the receiver and go from the cable box direct to the TV and let it play for a while does this work without issue?

Sharp LC-46LE832U Firmware is 310U1110111. I had the DirecTV HR24 hooked up directly to this TV months before the NR515 became available since my prior A/V receiver had no HDMI capability.

EtW

etw

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri May 04, 2012 5:21 pm

Hi etw,

Thank you for this information.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri May 04, 2012 5:41 pm

Hi etw,

I have one more question; do any of your other sources such as blue ray player work going through the receiver?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  etw Fri May 04, 2012 6:39 pm

No. When the HDMI (Main) is not working, switching source to Blu-Ray does not help. After unplugging the receiver and plugging back in, Directv and other sources begin working again (including Blu-ray).

etw

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) Empty Same exact issue

Post  roger4680 Fri May 04, 2012 11:11 pm

About 1 times out of 5 my video will not show on my TV. Audio will work fine. I have to unplug the unit to get everything working again. Very annoying. Onkyo please tell me you've seen this in your tests. What is the solution?

roger4680

Back to top Go down

Post  etw Fri May 04, 2012 11:18 pm

roger4680 wrote:About 1 times out of 5 my video will not show on my TV. Audio will work fine. I have to unplug the unit to get everything working again. Very annoying. Onkyo please tell me you've seen this in your tests. What is the solution?

To be clear, I also have audio during these failures just no video signal.

etw

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) Empty Same issue no Monitor out TX NR515

Post  jerryw Sat May 05, 2012 6:23 pm

I have a new out of the box TX NR515 from NewEgg. Did the firmware update via the net.
I have had to do a factory reset 5 times in two days to get the monitor out to my TV !
No monitor out from any of the souces.
Same here audio out on all sources but no Video.
TV is a Samsung UN55C8000 LED TV with updated firmware.
The Blue Ray DVD is a Samsung BD D5500 with updated firmware
The Cable box is from Cox SA8300 HD

Changed HDMI cable. No fix
Tried all HDMI monitor out resolutions (480p, 720P, 1080i, 1080P, Through). No Fix
Using the same HDMI cable from Samsung UN55C8000 LED TV to the Cox Cable box SA8300 HD. Works fine
Using the same HDMI cable from the Samsung BD D5500 Blue Ray to the Samsung TV. Works fine.

I did not try unplugging the power versus the factory reset ( simultaneous press Cabl/Sat and Power ) to get TX NR515 monitor out but I will try that next too.

Should I return the TX NR515 since the HDMI board may be bad?

jerryw

Back to top Go down

Post  zingmaster Sat May 05, 2012 6:41 pm

I'm having the same issue as well.

Audio is working fine, cables are fine going directly from components to tv, but as soon as the receiver is added back into the equation, it doesn't work.

zingmaster

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) Empty Same problem - HDMI/HDCP handshake fails from Out Main

Post  jensen Mon May 07, 2012 12:22 am

The TX-NR515 is able to process all of my inputs (PS3 via HDMI, Wii via Component, vTuner), but my television has text floating around the screen stating that it's not connected to anything. I unboxed the receiver on Friday and it worked Friday evening as well as Saturday, but I had to swap the Out Main with Out Sub. When I swap the cable back to Out Main, the television goes back to stating that there is no connection. Connecting the sources directly to the TV works as they should, so I can only deduct that the problem lies between the NR515 and the television.

I've updated the firmware to the latest as of 5/4/2012 before I was able to begin using the receiver, so I'm rather confused how this could be happening. Unplugging the receiver on a regular basis will be unacceptable, so I hope that Onkyo will come up with a solution within the next 2-3 weeks. Otherwise, I will have to strongly consider returning this unit and replace it with a Pioneer or Yamaha.

The receiver also appeared to have trouble dealing with 480P content via Component video (split the output screen vertically with two 480P videos.) 480i content worked fine, but all of that is moot if I can't get any video coming from the Out Main port.

jensen

Back to top Go down

Post  meyerman Mon May 07, 2012 2:23 pm

I have the same issue.

meyerman

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon May 07, 2012 5:14 pm

Hi meyerman,

I apologize for the confusion but when you say you're having "the same exact issue" I would need to know "exact issue" as who on this thread and what are your conditions and setups.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) Empty issues

Post  coryip Wed May 09, 2012 1:22 am

I hate to be an ass but in response to the last post by Onkyo. There is an issue and its roughly the same for all of us. No its not an hdmi or a problem with the sources or the tvs ITS THE RECEIVER. I have seen this on 2 receivers already one a 515 and the same issue on a 616 and from the sounds of it here and other forums this is very common. Maybe you guys should set a system up and give it a day then you yourself will see the problem. So when the next person says they are having the same problem you will know what they are talking about. The next response should be when can we expect a firmware update to solve this before you have a massive number of units headed back in.

coryip

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed May 09, 2012 4:30 pm

Hi foum users,

In order to assist with your issues further we would need the following information from you:

Onkyo/Integra product:

Model #
Serial #
Firmware version #

Your setup information:

The complete setup/devices used makes model #’s, cables used and their length; if using HDMI are they high-speed and who makes the cable. Also do you know the gauge of the cable used?
Firmware version # of all devices if possible?

Conditions under which your issue occurs:

Does this happen in cold conditions (first time turn on)?
Does this happen after a long time while playing?
If neither of the above then what are the conditions this is happening under?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  etw Wed May 09, 2012 6:53 pm

OnkyoUSA wrote:Hi foum users,

In order to assist with your issues further we would need the following information from you:

Onkyo/Integra product: A/V Receiver

Model # TX-NR515
Serial # 1066DC5220606878
Firmware version # 1060-5104-0200

Your setup information:

Sharp HDTV: LC-46LE832U Firmware: 310U1110111
DirecTV HR24/500 Firmware: 0x59e

The complete setup/devices used makes model #’s, cables used and their length; if using HDMI are they high-speed and who makes the cable. Also do you know the gauge of the cable used?
Firmware version # of all devices if possible?

Mediabridge high speed HDMI cables (Amazon.com). 3' length from HR24 to NR-515. 6' length from HDMI (Main) on 515 to HDTV input 1. All cables are 28 gauge (should not matter at these lengths)

Does this happen in cold conditions (first time turn on)? YES
Does this happen after a long time while playing? NO
If neither of the above then what are the conditions this is happening under? N/A

etw

Back to top Go down

Post  chrisg Thu May 10, 2012 6:46 am

Onkyo/Integra product:

Model # Onkyo TX-NR515
Serial # 3569PP5220600698
Firmware version # 1060-5104-0200

Your setup information:

TV: Sony KDL-46W2000, Samsung LE19B650 (not at the same time; connected to main HDMI output)
PVR STB: ADB ITI-5720SX, Cisco ISB-6350-2S2 (not at the same time; connected to CBL/SAT HDMI input)
Cables: Tried a variety of HDMI 1.3 cables from 1.8m to 3m long. Reproduces with each of them.

Does this happen in cold conditions (first time turn on)? YES
Does this happen after a long time while playing? NO

Additional notes:

It usually takes a long period of standby time (8 hours or so) to trigger the issue. Afterwards there is no signal on main HDMI output.

When the issue occurs only physical disconnection of the power cord can fix it. Disconnection of HDMI cables, switching inputs or going to standby don’t help.

It once happened that after reconnecting the power cord there was video on HDMI output but no audio. Another diconnect/connect cycle fixed it.

Tried toggling automatic sleep, network sleep and RIHD. Also tried changing standby passthrough settings. No change in behavior.

Generally the problem doesn’t seem to be related to a specific device/cable combination. I’ll give it a try with everything disconnected and post an update.

chrisg

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next