Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR515 and TX-NR616 Monitor Out Issues <~~ Time to get Media Involved!!!

+3
Paulo Morais
OnkyoUSA
arlibama
7 posters

Go down

TX-NR515 and TX-NR616 Monitor Out Issues <~~ Time to get Media Involved!!! Empty TX-NR515 and TX-NR616 Monitor Out Issues <~~ Time to get Media Involved!!!

Post  arlibama Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:11 pm

It is almost more than 5 months now since the time we first complained to Onkyo about the issues and we still do not have a fix as of today. This is really unacceptable!!! Onkyo is still selling both defective receivers now and let all the new owners into the dark!!!! OK!! I think we should get the media involved and let everyone know about our frustration and how Onkyo treated us. “The Consumerist” consumerist.com will be a good place to start. Anyone got a truth story to tell the media???? Such as “I need to teach my 80 years grandma to bend down her back and locate the power to reset the receiver to make it works when she was watching TV alone”. We should either get a promise on the timeframe for the fix or get 100% refund and recall for the receiver.

arlibama

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 and TX-NR616 Monitor Out Issues <~~ Time to get Media Involved!!! Empty Re: TX-NR515 and TX-NR616 Monitor Out Issues <~~ Time to get Media Involved!!!

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:35 pm

We are aware of the issue with the TX-NR 515 and TX-NR 616 receivers and are diligently working to resolve this issue for our many customers afflicted. We are compiling data from the customers who have provided the detailed information to further replicate and resolve this issue for the consumers affected by this issue. We are in development of a resolution to alleviate the issue.

Thank You again for your patience and cooperation regarding this issue;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 and TX-NR616 Monitor Out Issues <~~ Time to get Media Involved!!! Empty Do we have a solution for this problem?

Post  Paulo Morais Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:08 pm

I bought my Onkyo TX-NR616 in the USA, two months ago, and I'm using it in Brazil. I have the same problem - after being in standby for some time, HDMI out doesn´t work. You have to unplug it in order to reinitialize HDMI.
We need a solution!

Paulo Morais

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 and TX-NR616 Monitor Out Issues <~~ Time to get Media Involved!!! Empty Re: TX-NR515 and TX-NR616 Monitor Out Issues <~~ Time to get Media Involved!!!

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:13 pm

Paulo Morais wrote:I bought my Onkyo TX-NR616 in the USA, two months ago, and I'm using it in Brazil. I have the same problem - after being in standby for some time, HDMI out doesn´t work. You have to unplug it in order to reinitialize HDMI.
We need a solution!

Thank you for your input regarding the issue of your TX-NR 515 and TX-NR 616 receivers. I have noticed many forum users are outside the continental US- and we here would like to further assist you with your issue. Please provide the following information to the following email address (onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com) and address to the attention of the " FORUM MODERATOR: TX-NR x1x FORUM ISSUE" :

- FULL NAME:
- FORUM USER NAME/ HANDLE:
- MAILING ADDRESS:
- CITY/ STATE/ PROVINCE:
- EMAIL ADDRESS:
- CONTACT NUMBER(s):
- ONKYO MODEL NUMBER:
- CURRENT F/W version:

We would like to resolve your issues but need your prompt assistance with this matter. Thank you again for your time, patience, and cooperation in assisting our research and helping us to eradicate this issue. We will have a regional liasion contact you to further assist you; as this forum is to assist North American Onkyo customers.

Best Regards;

Forum Moderator

Last edited by OnkyoUSA on Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 and TX-NR616 Monitor Out Issues <~~ Time to get Media Involved!!! Empty Email adress missing

Post  Paulo Morais Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:25 pm

Please, send the email adress that is missing in the message, so I can send the information you asked for.

Paulo Morais

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:54 pm

Previous message edited... added the email address.

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pliniozf Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:04 pm

I am from Brazil too, and I have the same problem.

pliniozf

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 and TX-NR616 Monitor Out Issues <~~ Time to get Media Involved!!! Empty Latest Firmware issue free so far!

Post  sigfreund Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:07 pm

I have my fingers crossed but so far so good. This is the longest period I have gone without a single issue or glitch. Firmware must be installed via USB and was a bit of a pain but was well worth it. Smile

sigfreund

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:43 am

Glad to read this has been resolved by the latest firmware update. If you have any more questions or concerns , Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (Monday - Sunday 24 hours a day EST: (800) 229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT). We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pliniozf Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:00 pm

Hi,
I tried to do the firmware update but I could not. So I took the receiver to an Onkyo Authorized Service in Sao Paulo (Brazil) and I'm waiting for a response from the service's authorized budget to do the update.

the authorized service may charge for this service?

pliniozf

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:12 pm

We apologize for the issue you are experiencing with your receiver and hope the issue is resolved while in repair. Please update us on the results after repair.

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pliniozf Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:07 pm

pliniozf wrote:Hi,
I tried to do the firmware update but I could not. So I took the receiver to an Onkyo Authorized Service in Sao Paulo (Brazil) and I'm waiting for a response from the service's authorized budget to do the update.

I just received a quote for the repair of my nr515, Onkyo authorized service in Brazil charging me U$1050.00 to fix the HDMI, this is ridiculous.

I will never buy Onkyo again!!

Informamos que o Orçamento de seu produto modelo ONKYO - TX-NR515, já foi realizado e solicitamos que entre em contato ou que aprove o orçamento por e-mail.

Se preferir consulte o andamento do serviço através da Web
www.myserviceorder.com/brasil
No seu eqto há necessidade de reparos HDMI, com a troca da placa HDMI. Prazo médio para reparo 60 dias úteis (importação), podendo ficar pronto antes. Aguardamos o retorno deste, com a sua aprovação, para darmos andamento nos reparos.Forma de pagto 2x sem

Valor das Peças: R$ 1812,5
Valor da Mão de Obra: R$ 300
Valor Total: R$ 2112,5

Preços validos por 10 dias.
Custo do orçamento da Ordem de Serviço Numero – 0000041709

Atenciosamente,

Engevídeo Home System

orcamento@engevideo.com.br
São Paulo(SP)
+55 11 5041-8621, +55 11 5535-7574

pliniozf

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:08 pm

pliniozf wrote:
pliniozf wrote:Hi,

I just received a quote for the repair of my nr515, Onkyo authorized service in Brazil charging me U$1050.00 to fix the HDMI, this is ridiculous.

I will never buy Onkyo again!!

Informamos que o Orçamento de seu produto modelo ONKYO - TX-NR515, já foi realizado e solicitamos que entre em contato ou que aprove o orçamento por e-mail.

Se preferir consulte o andamento do serviço através da Web
www.myserviceorder.com/brasil
No seu eqto há necessidade de reparos HDMI, com a troca da placa HDMI. Prazo médio para reparo 60 dias úteis (importação), podendo ficar pronto antes. Aguardamos o retorno deste, com a sua aprovação, para darmos andamento nos reparos.Forma de pagto 2x sem

Valor das Peças: R$ 1812,5
Valor da Mão de Obra: R$ 300
Valor Total: R$ 2112,5

Preços validos por 10 dias.
Custo do orçamento da Ordem de Serviço Numero – 0000041709

Atenciosamente,

Engevídeo Home System

orcamento@engevideo.com.br
São Paulo(SP)
+55 11 5041-8621, +55 11 5535-7574

I have referred this message to the Onkyo Latin America Sales representative; he has advised for you to contact the dealer of purchase regarding this issue for further assistance. Who is the dealer of purchase and were they instructed that you wanted to update the firmware version of this receiver? If this unit was purchased from a Onkyo US authorized dealer and was shipped to Brazil, the warranty will be voided for repair at the Brazil authorized service center. They may charge you out-of-warranty pricing for parts and labor. It will only be available for warranty repair at any US authorized service centers and all parts and labor charges will be covered under warranty. How long have you owned this TX-NR 515 receiver? What is the current firmware version found on this receiver? As the U.S. warranty states the following:

This Warranty is valid two years from date of purchase and is valid only within the territory of the United States of America. To be covered by this warranty the Onkyo product concerned must have been purchased directly from Onkyo or an Onkyo Authorized Dealer and the person seeking warranty service must reside in one of the states of the United States of America or in the District of Columbia. This warranty extends only to the original purchaser and cannot be transferred to anyone.

I have read that you have previously attempted to update the firmware version yourself and have expressed some difficulties in doing so. Please reply back to the following email address (onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com) with all the information and correspondence from the authorized service center as well. We look further look into this promptly.

Thank you;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 and TX-NR616 Monitor Out Issues <~~ Time to get Media Involved!!! Empty Warranty issues

Post  MusicLover Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:05 am

Since we STILL do not have working unit given the 6? months of firmware problems, my understanding of US Federal Warranty Law is the warranty clock does not start until all issues are corrected by the company. In other words, Onkyo shipped units with many problems hoping to fix them via a fast firmware issue, however 6 months later, the problems remain.

MusicLover

Back to top Go down

Post  bjornr Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:44 am

MusicLover wrote:Since we STILL do not have working unit given the 6? months of firmware problems, my understanding of US Federal Warranty Law is the warranty clock does not start until all issues are corrected by the company. In other words, Onkyo shipped units with many problems hoping to fix them via a fast firmware issue, however 6 months later, the problems remain.
The latest firmware (which updates via USB only) seems to have fixed this problem. Check the 515 Monitor Out-thread.

bjornr

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:47 pm

We appreciate the positive feedback based on the new firmware update. We are progressively monitoring these comments and hope you have endless hours of enjoyment of your new receiver. Thank you all for your time, patience, and cooperation with this issue.

Best Regards;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 and TX-NR616 Monitor Out Issues <~~ Time to get Media Involved!!! Empty Do we have a solution for this problem?

Post  Paulo Morais Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:20 pm

Paulo Morais wrote:I bought my Onkyo TX-NR616 in the USA, two months ago, and I'm using it in Brazil. I have the same problem - after being in standby for some time, HDMI out doesn´t work. You have to unplug it in order to reinitialize HDMI.
We need a solution!

I don’t know how, but I haven’t had the problem for the last two weeks. I haven’t done a firmware update since the first day (when I updated the firmware to the version 1130-9106-0300). It seems to “magically” fix itself… I hope it won’t “magically” return! Does someone had the same experience?

Paulo Morais

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:26 pm

Good to hear you haven't experienced any issues with your receiver; but please feel free to update the firmware version of your receiver via USB to the latest firmware update if needed.

Best Regards;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MusicLover Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:42 am

Last update I tried this summer bricked one of the 3 units obtained, so I'm going to wait a while while the un-paid beta testers do yet ANOTHER firmware fix from Onkyo. I have lost count how many prior ones have existed. six perhaps?

bjornr wrote:
MusicLover wrote:Since we STILL do not have working unit given the 6? months of firmware problems, my understanding of US Federal Warranty Law is the warranty clock does not start until all issues are corrected by the company. In other words, Onkyo shipped units with many problems hoping to fix them via a fast firmware issue, however 6 months later, the problems remain.
The latest firmware (which updates via USB only) seems to have fixed this problem. Check the 515 Monitor Out-thread.

MusicLover

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:37 pm

We once again appreciate the positive feedback we are receiving regarding the latest firmware update for the TX-NR 515 and TX-NR 616 receivers. We have worked diligently to develop this F/W version and greatly appreciate those who provided the requested information and aided us in resolving this issue. We thank all again for their cooperation and comments, positive and pessimistic, as many have expressed their satisfaction with the new F/W version.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down