Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Android application connection issue with NR609

+13
Outercript
andy_zim
nomad
evelith
td854
OnkyoRosser
despich
onkytonk
myuranv97
natedawg
poedel00
OnkyoUSA
sdague
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Android application connection issue with NR609 - Page 3 Empty Re: Android application connection issue with NR609

Post  headq Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:11 pm

1. Have you tried plugging and unplugging the router?
Yes, several times.
2. What is the make and model number of the router you are using?
D-Link DIR-825
3. Which ONKYO receiver are you using?
TX-8050
4. Do you have the latest firmware on the ONKYO receiver?
Yes
5. What is the make and model of the phone you are using?
HTC Desire
6. What version OS is on your phone? e.g. Android 2.02 / Android 3.0...
Had Andoid 2.3.7 before, now I have 4.0.3, both versions do not detect my receiver
7. Did you have any problems with the last FW version for the APP?
?
8. Have you tried rebooting the phone itself?
Yes

I can connect from PC to my receiver with telnet och from phone to receiver with telnet, both works OK. The Android app cannot find receiver whatever I try to do. Onkytroller connects OK.

Found also out that the ONKYO app can find my Harman Kardon 2.1 system but it cannot detect 8050, that is pretty funny. Other remoteapps detects my 8050, only ONKYO app that has problem to detect its own device. Should'nt it be possible to add ip for detection, maybe it would work then?

Have tried the Onkyo remote on my friends TX-NR809 (think it was) and it works great.

headq

Back to top Go down

Android application connection issue with NR609 - Page 3 Empty Re: Android application connection issue with NR609

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:55 pm

Hi headq,

Thank you for your answers. I have forwarded this information on the proper department.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Android application connection issue with NR609 - Page 3 Empty The latest version works.

Post  nomad Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:33 am

The latest version on the market now works for me. I don't know what they have changed but the autodetection now works.
Thanks you to all concerned.
It is a good App.

nomad

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:17 am

Hi nomad,
We're glad the APP is working out well for you. Enjoy it! And, thank you for choosing Onkyo.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Android application connection issue with NR609 - Page 3 Empty Same issue here

Post  johngi Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:10 pm

Hello,

I just got the same issue here, the app was working fine since months but suddenly it can't connect anymore. I tried OnkyTroller too which is connecting fine, running the latest tx-nr609 firmware and latest version of the OnkyoRemote too. Tried to reboot all the devices (amp, phone, router).

Think it will be nice to be able to specify the IP address too ...

Thanks for you help.

johngi

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:30 pm

Hi johngi,

Have you followed what I instructed in an earlier post yet?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  johngi Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:43 am

Yes, I tried everything on the previous posts, nothing helped. However I have a good news, I tried to disable the firewall on my router, then it worked :-). Can you provide the networking informations of this app (ports/features that needs to be open/activated on the router)? However this still doesn't explain why OnkyTroller is working even with the firewall activated, maybe this app is using upnp to open the needed ports? ... Hope this will help other users having the same issue.

johngi

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:36 pm

Hi johngi,

There is no information on whether app uses UpNp to open ports on the router. But it is advised to drop certain firewalls to allow the app to work with the receiver.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jakepi Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:25 pm

I too am having the same issue. It does not appear to be a network issues but an Android issue. I have a RAZR M and Nexus 7 both of which do not find my TX-NR609. Installed the app on my wife's iPhone 4S and it finds the NR609 and works perfect. Just for grins here is my responses.

1. Have you tried plugging and unplugging the router?
Yes
2. What is the make and model number of the router you are using?
Apple Airport Extreme Current Gen
3. Which ONKYO receiver are you using?
TX NR 609
4. Do you have the latest firmware on the ONKYO receiver?
Yes
5. What is the make and model of the phone you are using?
RAZR M and Nexus 7 Tablet
6. What version OS is on your phone? Android 4.0.4 and 4.1.1
7. Did you have any problems with the last FW version for the APP?
App works on iOS and not Android
8. Have you tried rebooting the phone itself?
Yes

jakepi

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:48 pm

In regards to your issue- it would possibly be more effective to contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation below. We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue, with you having access to your unit, as prompt as possible. Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (Monday- Friday 9am to 8pm EST/ Saturday- Sunday 10am to 4pm EST: (800) 229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT). We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3