Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Android application connection issue with NR609

+13
Outercript
andy_zim
nomad
evelith
td854
OnkyoRosser
despich
onkytonk
myuranv97
natedawg
poedel00
OnkyoUSA
sdague
17 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Android application connection issue with NR609 Empty Android application connection issue with NR609

Post  sdague Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:44 am

Just got my new NR609 (replaces a decade old onkyo receiver that served me well). It's connected to the network (ip address 192.168.1.74), streaming audio works great, the web interface to the receiver works great, set up a few additional streaming channels through it. I upgraded the firmware as soon as I set it up, so I should be at the latest and greatest.

However, when I try to use the official Onkyo Android app it can't find the receiver. OkyoTroller Free connects and works fine, so the interface is definitely usable.

With no manual ability to add the receiver, there isn't much I can figure out here. Anyone know any way to get the app to connect?

sdague

Back to top Go down

Android application connection issue with NR609 Empty Re: Android application connection issue with NR609

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:46 am

Hi sdague,
I have someone looking into this for you and will get back to you shortly. Thank you!
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Android application connection issue with NR609 Empty issue with Android app

Post  poedel00 Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:44 am

I experience similar issue - my TX-NR808 doesn't appear in the list. Only my TV is popping up.

Apple app works fine......

poedel00

Back to top Go down

Android application connection issue with NR609 Empty Re: Android application connection issue with NR609

Post  sdague Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:55 am

It would be really good if there was a manual way to add the receiver when the auto detect fails. Any chance for that? as I'd really like to use this app.

sdague

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:24 am

Hi Hi sdague and poedel00,
It is getting to our busy season so I apologies for the delay. My associate should have an answer today. Thank you!
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:04 pm

Hi sdague and poedel00,
Make sure you has the latest updates for the Android app. You will need to in to "Markerplace" in your phone then find the app and it should either say "installed" or "update" if it says "update" you will need to update it. Thank you!
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sdague Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:32 pm

I already have the latest version - 1.01.111116a.1877

This is really an issue with the autodetection not working on my home network (tried multiple android devices). I have no idea why, and the app really needs a manual mode or some other way to debug. OnkyTroller works fine on the same network with the receiver, so it can be controlled over the network, but the app is not finding it.

sdague

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:38 pm

Hi sdague,
If the issue is with your home network perhaps you can try contacting the maker of your router. Thank you for choosing Onkyo!
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sdague Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:45 pm

That's a pretty rediculous response.

Everything else works fine on this home network except your application, if OnkyTroller didn't work, then I'd assume something was wrong on my side. But it works, which means your application is making some very bad assumptions and just freaking out in detection stage. If you look through the app reviews and comments, this is an issue happening to a lot of people, so actually trying to figure out what your application is doing that is so incredibly fragile would be useful.

I'm am very happy to help out the development team debug this, and get this to be a much better application for all Onkyo users. But I really don't appreciate treating this discussion as a help desk ticket that you are trying to close as resolved as fast as possible without actually looking into the issue.

sdague

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:04 pm

We apologies that you are unhappy with the response. Your post made it sound as if the issue was within your home network. It was a miss understanding on my part. This forum is in fact a help desk run by Product Support in which we are working to help resolve any issue a customer may be having. We really do appreciate your enthusiasm for this product! Unfortunately, the development takes place in Japan. If you would like to send us your suggestions we would be happy to forward them to the right department. I have the team looking into this a little further and will get back to you shortly. Thank you!
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:54 pm

Hi sdague,
We have come up with a couple of things you can try.
1. Please try deleting the app and reinstalling it.
2. If that does not work we would like you to install the old app just to see if it works, not to keep it we just would like you to test it out.
We were wondering what version of Onkyotroller you have, is it the free or pro version? We really hope this helps. Keep us posted. Thanks!
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Android application connection issue with NR609 Empty re-installing app works

Post  poedel00 Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:21 am

Followed recommendation to uninstall end reinstall - it did the trick. Just fyi, there is nothing wrong with my network as the Apple app worked fine.......funky. in the end happy with the app - keep on evolving and adding more features.

poedel00

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:05 am

Great! We're glad it worked out for you Very Happy
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sdague Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:40 pm

I just did an uninstall and reinstall, and the same thing happens. When the app comes up it almost immediately (maybe 0.5 seconds after the blue circle completes) pops up the Device Select window with "Demo Mode" or "Search Again". Hitting Search Again pops up that screen instantly (like less than 0.1 seconds).

sdague

Back to top Go down

Post  sdague Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:41 pm

For OnkyTroller, I downloaded the free version just to test that something was making connections to the device.

sdague

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:45 am

Hi sdague,
We will try to look into this further for you. Thank you for your patience!
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:31 pm

Hi sdague,
What device are you downloading the App on, and who is the manufacture for your router? Also how many routers do you have connected in your house? Thanks!
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sdague Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:55 pm

I've tried from both an HTC EVO 4G as well as Nexus S (both Sprint).

The router is a linksys e2100l.

My home network is 192.168.1.0/24. The receiver is 192.168.1.72 IIRC. The phones show up in the 50s.

sdague

Back to top Go down

Android application connection issue with NR609 Empty try to uninstall OnkyoTroller

Post  poedel00 Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:27 pm

And have only Onkyo app running

poedel00

Back to top Go down

Android application connection issue with NR609 Empty I have the same issue as well with my 609

Post  natedawg Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:43 am

Updated latest firmware on the 609 - downloaded latest Android app.

Start app - blue circle searching for maybe .5 second - and never finds receiver.

I can hit the 609's URL from a web browser to see/modify settings and can stream internet radio and such. Just cannot see the 609 from the Android app.

Have used an EVO 4G and a LG Optimus

natedawg

Back to top Go down

Post  sdague Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:51 am

Given that the Onkyo folks are pretty slow here, can you share what your home network looks like? What are the ip addresses?

sdague

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:09 am

Hi sdague and natedawg,
Sorry for the delay, this forum only runs monday through friday 9:00am to 5:00pm. Do you have more than one router in your home? The phone must be on the same local network as the receiver.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sdague Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:54 pm

I only have a single network at home. The phone is on the same network as the receiver.

sdague

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:19 pm

Hi sdague,
Let me give this information to my associate who has been working on this issue for you, I will get back to you asap. Thank you for your patience.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:36 pm

Hi sdague,
After discussing this with my associate, we have decided that it would be best if you called product support. It will make it easier for them to troubleshoot the situation for you. 1-800-229-1687 They are here today until 8:00, thank you for your patience, these apps are new and we are working hard to troubleshoot this for you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next