Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Android application connection issue with NR609

+13
Outercript
andy_zim
nomad
evelith
td854
OnkyoRosser
despich
onkytonk
myuranv97
natedawg
poedel00
OnkyoUSA
sdague
17 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Android application connection issue with NR609 - Page 2 Empty Same issue

Post  myuranv97 Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:43 am

Hi All,

What was the resolution for this? I am getting the same issue with my onkyo 609. Everything was working fine before I upgraded to the latest firmware. Since I upgraded the firmware, I am unable to connect my android phone to the onkyo 609. Onkytroller works fine as does connecting through the browser. Uninstalling the app and reinstalling did not help.

myuranv97

Back to top Go down

Android application connection issue with NR609 - Page 2 Empty Re: Android application connection issue with NR609

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:24 am

Hi myuranv97,
We recommend that you call product support about this issue. It will be easier for them to troubleshoot the situation over the phone going over it step by step, thank you. 1-800-229-1687
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Android application connection issue with NR609 - Page 2 Empty Re: Android application connection issue with NR609

Post  onkytonk Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:55 pm

I've got a Onkyo TX-NR509 with the latest software.

Used Android 1.02 and it worked fine - and then it stopped working - cannot find device.

I've got an iPhone and it works fine on the same receiver.

The onkytroller Android app works.

So the network setup is correct.

There seems to be a bug in the Onkyo Android app where it doesn't detect the network...

Please fix the bug and/or at least allow the ip address to be entered manually.

onkytonk

Back to top Go down

Android application connection issue with NR609 - Page 2 Empty Same thing here with NR609, app won't find receiver

Post  despich Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:48 pm

I also just put the new firmware on my new 609 receiver and the android app will not find it. Yes I am sure they are both on the same network, I have tried multiple android devices. I have tried uninstalling and re installing the app. I have not tried the Onkytroller app yet but I will when I get home. Yes I am sure I have enabled remote network control on the receiver.

Couple questions and points that Onkyo could answer.
- Onkyo has a Video on how to use the app but the video does not even mention that you have to enable it on the receiver first. Also the audio for the video is very very low.
- What is the point of being able to change the control port on the receiver if you can't even specify the control port with the android app?
- Why doesn't the android app have a manual config option? Because it can only do auto detect you would never be able to get the app to work if the phone is not on the same IP subnet.
- What about security options. Near as I can tell anyone who can connect to your wireless network can then control your receiver potentially damaging your speakers by overloading them.

I realize that this is new technology so there are some wrinkles to work out. I love my receiver and all that it can already do I am anxious to get the android part of it working.

Dan

despich

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:01 pm

Hi despich,

I will let our marketing department know of your concerns with the video. Also I had my Tech try to see if she could get to it and it worked fine, by the way the app version she has is 1.02 and the receiver is up to date on the latest firmware.
Also I will make our our engineering department aware of your other concerns.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  despich Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:29 pm

I got the regular onkyo app to work after I tried the onkytroller app successfully. The onkytroller app did not autodetect it so I put in the IP manually. After the onkytroller app worked then the regular onkyo app worked and found it. Maybe the onkytroller app woke it up somehow.

despich wrote:I also just put the new firmware on my new 609 receiver and the android app will not find it. Yes I am sure they are both on the same network, I have tried multiple android devices. I have tried uninstalling and re installing the app. I have not tried the Onkytroller app yet but I will when I get home. Yes I am sure I have enabled remote network control on the receiver

Dan

despich

Back to top Go down

Android application connection issue with NR609 - Page 2 Empty network range important?

Post  OnkyoRosser Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:33 pm

I experience exactly the same issues. iPhone works, Android does not. OnkyoTroller also works fine.

Could it be the local network range? I use 192.168.2.x (subnetmask 255.255.255.0)

Maybe the Onkyo app is fixed to the 192.168.1.x range somehow?

Could the others please indicate their local network range? Thanks.

OnkyoRosser

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:54 pm

Hi Onkyo Fans!
There are three steps that must be followed in order for that app to work:
1. Network Control ----> on
2. If you're using Internet Radio please quite it for a while so that android app can find the Receiver.
3. Android must use the same router as Receiver.
Thank you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  despich Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:50 pm

Mine workes fine now and I am not on 192.168.1.X range so I don't think thats it. It may be a issue with some versions of Android (but I doubt it) I am using Android 4.03 (Ice Cream Sandwich) on a Verizon Galaxy Nexus.

OnkyoRosser wrote:I experience exactly the same issues. iPhone works, Android does not. OnkyoTroller also works fine.

Could it be the local network range? I use 192.168.2.x (subnetmask 255.255.255.0)

Maybe the Onkyo app is fixed to the 192.168.1.x range somehow?

Could the others please indicate their local network range? Thanks.

despich

Back to top Go down

Post  td854 Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:54 pm

Sounds like an issue with the software compatibility with your phone, I have an older android phone and the app worked with zero configuration right out of the box with the 609. One problem on android which is kind of hard to explain is; even when you're on WiFi the app may try to search for the receiver on the cell network first but won't give you any indication that it's doing so. I have noticed this with multiple android apps and is usually only solved by force closing it and reopening it since "closing" an android app doesn't usually close it completely, it just puts it into the background.

td854

Back to top Go down

Android application connection issue with NR609 - Page 2 Empty tx-nr609

Post  despich Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:49 pm

I got it working on my android 4.03 (ice cream sandwich) device but consistently I have to start onktroller first and exit before the onkyo remote app will find it.

In fact I just tried it on my xoom tablet (android 3.5.2 honeycomb) and it has the exact same symptoms. I could not get it to work but as soon as I started onktroller and configured it so it worked then I could exit it and the regular onkyo app would find it.

despich

Back to top Go down

Android application connection issue with NR609 - Page 2 Empty TX-8050

Post  evelith Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:39 pm

OnkyoUSA wrote:Hi Onkyo Fans!
There are three steps that must be followed in order for that app to work:
1. Network Control ----> on
2. If you're using Internet Radio please quite it for a while so that android app can find the Receiver.
3. Android must use the same router as Receiver.
Thank you.
I just followed those steps and I still can't connect to my TX-8050. Port 60128 is open on my router. OnkyTroller can conect to amp with no problems from day one... I'm using Htc Desire on 2.2.

evelith

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:22 pm

We are looking into this, thank you all for your patience.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  nomad Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:29 pm

Hi,
First off, thanks for listening.

The auto detect dosn't work for everyone. Have a look at the comments on the Android market about the App. There are loads of people that can't detect their Receivers. Onkyotroller works because it allows you to manually set the IP address and port number.
I have tried this App on various android devices and it has never worked on my network. I can access the receiver via web browser and can Telnet in.

Please please please ask the Japanese developers to let us set the IP address. The auto detect isn't working for everyone.
I really wish I could speak Japanese.

See what you can do to get this info over to them.
Many thanks,

A friend from over the pod

nomad

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:32 pm

Hi nomad,
We appreciate your feedback and will transfer it to the appropriate department. Thank you for contacting Onkyo via our forum.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Android application connection issue with NR609 - Page 2 Empty Frustrated

Post  andy_zim Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:47 pm

Hello Onkyo. I appreciate that your support group is providing the first line of troubleshooting on this issue, but this is not going well. I have used email and telephone support to try and resolve this issue. Those avenues are non-responsive and so I hope this forum yields a better result. Here is my setup. I imagine this is quite similar to many (if not all) other users that have an issue.

Setup Details:
Router = ATT Uverse (2wire)
Onkyo Firmware Version: 1101-1200-0010-6104
Cell Provider = Sprint
Phone = HTC Evo 4g
Onkyo App version = 1.02.111207a.1964
Android Version = 2.3.3
OnkyTroller version = 1.4free(5)
Onkyo Settings - Network Control is On and has Control Port 60128.
Router Settings - I have tried opening Port 60128 and tried it where I have turned off all firewalls entirely. Neither helped.

What I have done to date:
- Downloaded the UPnPDiscover app. It finds the TX-NR609 - Onkyo TX-NR609 on my network.
- Downloaded the free version of the OnkyTroller. It connects and controls the Onkyo receiver.

What do I need Onkyo to do:
- Incorporate a quick fix to the Android app that allows the user to manually enter the IP address. See the OnkyTroller app for a road map on how to incorporate this.

I purchased this receiver specifically for its ability to be controlled with my Andriod phone. Onkyo's return policy is such that I am now stuck with a receiver that does not meet my needs. Since Onkyo won't take it back, I really need Onkyo to step up to the plate and do right by its consumers. Fix this issue please.

andy_zim

Back to top Go down

Android application connection issue with NR609 - Page 2 Empty will we ever get this resolved

Post  evelith Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:23 pm

This connectivity issue seems to not bother Onkyo too much... Sad They can't sort it since November... I would say it will take less than a day of work for IT guy to sort it out... For smart guys in Japan probably 2 hours... People generaly saying on audio forums that Onkyo Support is poor which seems to be true... Sad

evelith

Back to top Go down

Post  Outercript Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:51 pm

This may not fix the issue but it has worked with me, just restart the Router/Modem/Switch or Hub that the receiver is directly connected. If you have more networking devices try restarting them also.

This is a cheap solution to Onkyo's poor support, and solved my issue with a RC360 which is very similar to a 609. After that, you might be able to connect with the Android App (no promises).

However, Onkyo should implement the Manual IP Setup wich could be done in less than 5 hours with average Android programming skills, or release the source code under GPL and let the community fix the issue.

Outercript

Back to top Go down

Post  evelith Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:34 pm

Outercript wrote:This may not fix the issue but it has worked with me, just restart the Router/Modem/Switch or Hub that the receiver is directly connected. If you have more networking devices try restarting them also.

This is a cheap solution to Onkyo's poor support, and solved my issue with a RC360 which is very similar to a 609. After that, you might be able to connect with the Android App (no promises).

However, Onkyo should implement the Manual IP Setup wich could be done in less than 5 hours with average Android programming skills, or release the source code under GPL and let the community fix the issue.
Thanks for suggestion but I've tried this before with no luck... There must me thousands of people out there having the same problem, but looks like Onkyo Support is not in rush to fix it... I'm sure if they will even charge 1$ for fully working app people will pay it... I will...

evelith

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:42 pm

Hi forum users,

We are currently looking into your questions and hopefully will have an answer for you soon. Thank you for your patience.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Android application connection issue with NR609 - Page 2 Empty Same issue, but works on wired network

Post  mattlinx Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:44 pm

I'm having the same issue. I have an NR509, set up the wired network first to download the firmware update. I manually configured the network settings on the receiver. The Android app worked fine. But then I set up the UWF-1 and now the app cannot see the receiver. Settings:

NR509
DHCP: Enabled (network settings are correct)
Network Control: Enabled

Linksys WRT54G: Wireless MAC filtering is disabled

UPDATE: I did just reset the Linksys router, and now it works!

Last edited by mattlinx on Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : More info)

mattlinx

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:43 pm

Hi Forum users,

I have a list of questions for you and the answers will help the engineers in Japan resolve this issue for you. I know most of you have already given this information before. Thank you and hopefully we will get this resolved soon.

1. Have you tried plugging and unplugging the router?
2. What is the make and model number of the router you are using?
3. Which ONKYO receiver are you using?
4. Do you have the latest firmware on the ONKYO receiver?
5. What is the make and model of the phone you are using?
6. What version OS is on your phone? e.g. Android 2.02 / Android 3.0...
7. Did you have any problems with the last FW version for the APP?
8. Have you tried rebooting the phone itself?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:16 pm

Hi forum users,

We would like to assist in figuring out why you are all having difficulties with the app so if you do not feel comfortable putting your setup on this forum you may private message me with your details on the previous list of questions I asked about which were:

OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  nomad Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:55 pm

yes
Thompson TG 585. This router came from my ISP and can't be used with other ISPs
TX NR 609
yes
HTC desire and ASUS Transformer Prime. Face it it isn't the phone
2.2 and 4.x. I also ask everyone that comes to my house to try it on their android phones. it never works. you can take that as all androids.
the app has never worked on my network.
yes.

I don't think its to do with the phone. it is to do with the network. let us manually set the IP address. why does Onkytroller work? Pay that guy to sort it out.

Last edited by nomad on Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:04 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : addition)

nomad

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:32 pm

Hi nomad,

Thank you for this information, I will be forwarding this to our engineering department.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next