Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR609 network connection ?

3 posters

Go down

TX-NR609 network connection ? Empty TX-NR609 network connection ?

Post  drb Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:57 pm

I just upgraded my wireless network from an Airport Express to an Airport Extreme. The receiver used to work fine on the old network, but when setting up the new router, I added a security password (I never did this for the Express since I live out in the boonies).

All of my devices (computers, ipad, xbox, TV) are successfully connected to the new network, except for the Onkyo receiver. Its network settings didn't change despite being set to DHCP (none of the IP, DNS, Gateway, etc. addresses changed from the auto-detected Express settings and it never asked for the password, it just gave me a connection error).

I used the Airport utility to get the Extreme's addresses and manually edited all of them, but the receiver still doesn't ask for a password and still won't connect, so I'm wondering if there's a way to get it to work.

Is the password the problem? All of my other devices have menus to enter the password, but the receiver never gave me the chance to do so - I just keep getting the same connection error.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

drb

Back to top Go down

TX-NR609 network connection ? Empty Re: TX-NR609 network connection ?

Post  westdc Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:34 am

If the Onkyo is Connected wireless -then the wireless adapter (connected) to the Onkyo would need to be Addressed with the new wireless password.

If that is the way you are connected - I would look at that option.

westdc

Back to top Go down

Post  drb Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:13 am

westdc wrote:If the Onkyo is Connected wireless -then the wireless adapter (connected) to the Onkyo would need to be Addressed with the new wireless password.

If that is the way you are connected - I would look at that option.

Ah geez - totally spaced out the "USB" set-up. Thank you for the reminder - it's working fine now.

drb

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:35 am

Hi westdc,
Thank you for assisting this customer. We appreciate the help.

Hi drb,
We're glad the issue was resolved. Thank you for choosing Onkyo.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down