Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uwf-1 connection issues

+9
liberty123
GeorgiaLaw
Bulty
ulmeter
dldl
CCcolor
jtbgoode
OnkyoUSA
hdfx
13 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Uwf-1 connection issues - Page 2 Empty Re: Uwf-1 connection issues

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:42 pm

Hi dldl,

Here is what I'd like for you to try. Please power down all devices and disconnect the UWF-1 from your receiver(Since you did not mention what receiver model you have I can only assume) then turn everything back on and reinsert the dongle and let me know if this resolves it for you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dldl Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:14 pm

NR-609 (purchased Nov 2011). Tried that many times. Does not help at all. Still can't see ANY networks.

OnkyoUSA wrote:Hi dldl,

Here is what I'd like for you to try. Please power down all devices and disconnect the UWF-1 from your receiver(Since you did not mention what receiver model you have I can only assume) then turn everything back on and reinsert the dongle and let me know if this resolves it for you.

dldl

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:49 pm

Hi dldl,

You never mentioned what router you are using or what OS on your desktop you were using to access the network? Without this information I can not assess your individual issue.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dldl Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:24 pm

Doesn't matter. This proves my point that Onkyo is wasting consumers' and their own time. My issue is the same as most others experiencing the frustrations. The dongle sees NO wifi networks at all. Every other wifi enabled device (tv, blu ray, ps3, 2 rokus, apple tv, etc etc) I have either next to or away from the AVR sees about 8 wifi networks. The Onkyo sees none. Obviously those networks are all using a variety of routers and OS's. So like I said, it doesn't matter what I use, that is not the issue. But if you must know, I have an Apple Time Capsule, which I access from either Win vista, Win 7, or Mac OS (latest). I tried a Linksys router and had the same issue.

OnkyoUSA wrote:Hi dldl,

You never mentioned what router you are using or what OS on your desktop you were using to access the network? Without this information I can not assess your individual issue.

dldl

Back to top Go down

Post  ulmeter Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:47 pm

I am having exactly the same problem with my NR609 and UWF-1: I cannot connect to my wifi network and simply get the error message “No access point found.”

However, I believe my history is different since I was able to use the wifi connection already for a while. I purchased the receiver and wifi dongle in December 2011 and had no troubles setting up my wifi connection and listening to internet radio for example. I was mainly listening to Pandora and never experienced any issues until yesterday. I was not using the receiver for approximately two weeks and wanted to play Pandora radio when I got a connection error. I checked the wifi settings (manual configuration) and everything seemed fine (my wifi showed up and several others in the neighborhood); however, the connection failed. Subsequently, I restarted the onkyo and my router and suddenly ended up with “No access point found.” I found this threat and performed a firmware update via USB from 1101-1200-0010-6104 to 1121-1300-0010-6104 and also did a factory reset afterwards as described. Still I end up with the same error message and cannot “see” any available networks. No hardware or software setting changes have been taken place in my house at all between the times it was working until it stopped. My SSID is visible, the firewall on my router is switched off, and I am using a WEP password. Again, it used to work with exactly this hardware and exactly the same settings. And just for completeness, Pandora works wirelessly with my TV, I am using my printer and several computers over wifi and I have a certain level of expertise in the field.

It seems to me that either hardware related to the wifi connection stopped working properly (however, according to an early post here it sounds like it is not the UWF-1) or there is a software conflict which needs to be addressed with a new firmware update.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

ulmeter

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:09 pm

Hi ulmeter,

You could try another UWF-1 to see if this takes care of the issue for you. Also how far away is your router from the receiver and is it going through any walls or passing any metal or electrical wires?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ulmeter Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:11 pm

I am happy to try another UWF-1. What is the procedure to get a replacement dongle?
Concerning your question: again, there were no hardware changes or relocations of hardware or reconstructions. Anyhow, the router is approximately 15ft away in a closet (wooden door, very thin walls). My TV, right above the onkyo has all bars (best possible signal strength). I am pretty sure it has nothing to do with my setup since all other devices work fine. The issue must be the UWF-1 or the receiver itself.

ulmeter

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:58 pm

Hi ulmeter,

Please contact our parts and service department at 201-785-2600 and they will be able to get you another one out there provided you are within the USA.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bulty Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:39 pm

Is it possible the UWF-1 just gets horrible signal reception? I received my tx-nr809 last week, and hooked up the UWF-1 today, after performing a firmware update. If any wireless device is turned on in my living room be it a laptop, iphone, or Xbox, they pick up 3 to 5 different signals because at least two of my neighbors have strong wireless. When I turned this on, it only saw my wireless signal coming from a nearby room. I have high speed cable, and the wirelessly connected Xbox next to the receiver does streaming HD Netflix and 1st person Xbox games over the net, but my wirelessly connected 809 has yet to make it through half of a single song on Pandora after numerous tries. Even my iPhone can do that without the help of the high speed wireless. What's going on with this thing?

Bulty

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:34 pm

Hi Bulty,

It is possible that with so many wireless signals in and around your area for you to get the reception you are getting.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bulty Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:38 pm

If that is the case, I'm not sure why every other wireless device that I've used there finds a strong signal, maintains the connection indefinitely, and operates at high speed. UWF-1 is the first not to, and it's so slow it has to stop and re-buffer or drops the connection entirely after 10-20 seconds of Pandora music.

Bulty

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:12 pm

Hi Bulty,

I apologize and will bring this to the attention of our engineering department.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GeorgiaLaw Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:54 pm

I came to this Forum several weeks ago looking for a solution to connection problems with my TX-8050. I was having most of the same issues described by others in this thread. I tried all of the suggestions, moving the modem, restarting the processor, changing wifi channels, etc and nothing helped. Nothing that is until the most recient firmware upgrade came out.
I don't know what they changed, but the system has worked perfectly since the upgrade.

GeorgiaLaw

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:09 pm

Hi GeorgiaLaw,
We're glad that the firmware resolved the issue for you. Thank you for choosing Onkyo.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ulmeter Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:20 pm

After 4 weeks waiting I finally received a replacement UWF-1 dongle. Unfortunately, I still have exactly the same issue: No Access Point Found. I updated the Onkyo NR609 to the latest available firmware since GeorgiaLaw reported that this solved his similar issue. Again, the same error message. I plugged the WiFi dongle in my computer and it is recognized as UB93 by windows 7 so at least the dongle is not completely broken.

ulmeter

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue May 01, 2012 11:53 am

Hi ulmeter,

Have you tried to look in your routers log to find out if anything is going on in there? Also do you have your SSID unhidden?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ulmeter Tue May 01, 2012 12:17 pm

Checked the routers log and since the issue first occurred I cannot see any activity from the Onkyo system. Again, everything was working and stopped all of a sudden without ANY hardware/software changes on my side. This means my SSID is and was always unhidden. We are three people in our house having over the years 5 laptops, 2 iPhones, 3 iPods, TV and PS3 successfully connected to our wireless router. Also again, there are at least 4 to 5 active wireless networks in the neighborhood which I detect with any other device when in the vicinity of the Onkyo. I strongly believe the issue is not my router.

ulmeter

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue May 01, 2012 5:22 pm

Hi ulmeter,

What is the make and model of your router and who is your ISP? Once I get this information I will be better able to let you know what to do next. Thank you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ulmeter Wed May 02, 2012 1:08 pm

The wifi router is a standard model from Motorola (SBG900 Wireless Surfboard Gateway) provided by TimeWarner Cable. Still, I do not see the point why my hardware and ISP would matter if no access point is found at all even though mine and five others in the neighborhood are seen by any other device in my house. I am pretty sure my neighbors have different routers.

ulmeter

Back to top Go down

Uwf-1 connection issues - Page 2 Empty Same problem

Post  liberty123 Sun May 06, 2012 4:51 pm

I have a ONKYO TX-8050 with UWF-1. The same problem like other users. First the new TX-8050 comes and i configured it with the UWF-1 to work with a DRAYTEK Router.
It works fine, so long i don´t use WEB-Interface of TX-8050. There was no access and only line printed unformatted Information from TX-8050 appears in browser. So i try to
update the firmware of TX-8050 to new release 1041-0700-0000-0000. After update completed and start the TX-8050 again, the WEB-Inferface of TX-8050 will
work fine. So i decided to change DHCP to static IP for my WLAN. After that done, the UWF-1 recognize no WLAN anymore. I make factory reset of TX-8050, but
same problem: "No Access Point Found...".

Please tell me not, to do any changes to my WLAN, security settings ore something else. I´m network engineer since 20 years and know what i do. I think, ONKYO
has a big problem with hardware of UWF-1 and can´t fix it since month. I think, the trouble is in going to store the parameters for the USB device and (in think)
into the UWF-1. But on UWF-1 you can´t force a reset.

I hope, to get a expert answer and no trivial bullshit.

Michael, germay

P.S. I don´t like facebook! support here in germany, so i decided to use this US-forum.

liberty123

Back to top Go down

Uwf-1 connection issues - Page 2 Empty Same problem - fix

Post  liberty123 Sun May 06, 2012 5:27 pm

i´m very hard to find solutions. That´s my job. In german manual is a mistake, how to reset the TX-8050. In manual is described to hold TUNING MODE switch when POWER ON the TX-8050 to do factory default reset. That´s wrong! No reset of unit appears. You must hold TUNING MODE switch when POWER OFF and in display appears "CLEAR". After do
this, the TX-8050 with UWF-1 works and find WLAN access point again.

And this tricky take me some hours!!!

liberty123

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon May 07, 2012 3:47 pm

Hi liberty123,

Since we are in the US and not in Europe you will have to contact them to have this corrected.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  KuifjePDX Tue May 08, 2012 3:59 am

Hi,

I have the TX-NR809 and installed the UWF-1 about a week ago. My network is secured with WPA2-AES and the TX-NR809 sees my SSID, it is not hidden and MAC authentication is turned off. After entering the WPA2 key the TX-NR809 fails to connect. My other devices in the same location all connect just fine to my router. I switched to WEP and the TX-NR809 connects at around 50% signal strength. Back at WPA2 it still see the network but cannot connect to it. Neither through the front USB port nor the rear one.

I read about the TP-Link TL-WN722N adapter so I tried that because of its high gain antenna. Same result, no WPA2 connection. I used a USB extension cable to relocate the UWF-1 and the TL-WN722N away from the other devices but the results remained the same. No WPA2 connectivity while the TX-Nr809 see the network SSID with both adapters.

Then I plugged the UWF-1 into my laptop and it connected immediately to my WPA2 secured network after entering the key. Same for the TL-WN722N.

So, in my opinion, the TX-NR809 firmware has an issue with connecting to a WPA2 secured network. The problem is not in the router setup, not the brand of router, not the UWF-1, nor the TL-WN722N, as my other devices can connect to the router and even the two adapters can connect my laptop to the router. The only device that cannot connect to the network using WPA2 using the adapters is the TX-NR809.

Can Onkyo investigate if something in the firmware prevents the receivers to connect to WPA2 secured networks? Switching to WEP will be an unacceptable reduction in security for my wireless network. The wired Ethernet port does work to connect to my router so perhaps I can return my UWF-1 to Onkyo and Onkyo will provide me with a wireless media bridge until the connection issues have been solved.

Best regards,

KuifjePDX

KuifjePDX

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue May 08, 2012 11:59 am

Hi KuifjePDX,

What router are you using; I will need the exact model number?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  KuifjePDX Tue May 08, 2012 12:17 pm

Hi,

I'm pretty sure it is the actiontec MI424WR for Verizon FiOS. I can't give you the serial number or firmware version until tonight.

www [dot] actiontec [dot] com [slash] products [slash] product [dot] php [questionmark] pid [equals] 189

Best regards,

KuifjePDX

KuifjePDX

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next