Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR414 Blueray connection issues

2 posters

Go down

TX-NR414 Blueray connection issues Empty TX-NR414 Blueray connection issues

Post  Toomercreek Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:17 pm

I purchased the TX-NR414 receiver about a month ago to replace a 6 year old Yamaha. I am utilizing both receivers, the onkyo for multimeda tv room with 5.1 surround sound and have hooked up the yamaha as a zone 2 receiver to push 8 additional speakers thru out the house. I am having an issue with my samsung dvd bluray player. I had the system working until I installed a pc into the mix. I have the hdmi cable running from samsung to hdmi1, just as it was before hooking up pc. The pc is running thru the componet 2 with the optical audio, component out hooks to tv. I have changed setup to point pc to component 2 and optical, all works. When I switch to cd/dvd, hdmi1, where the samsung is hooked up I get a screen flicker the screen turns blue. I can take the hdmi hook up out of onkyo and hook to tv, up comes the dvd screen. Is there a setting I may have changed to cause this, I did not change any external wiring during pc hookup? Question 2, Zone two volumn thru onkyo is limited. Is there a setting on the onkyo zone2 that allows me to utilize more volume on the yamaha?

Toomercreek

Back to top Go down

TX-NR414 Blueray connection issues Empty Re: TX-NR414 Blueray connection issues

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:09 pm

Have you tried disabling HDMI DEEP COLOR on the TX-NR 414 or reconfiguring 1080p/24 fps option from the BD player to determine if this resolves the screen flicker issue you are experiencing? On the front panel of the receiver, press and hold the GAME and ON/STANDBY buttons and you will see the message [DEEP COLOR: ON] on the front display panel. Press the two buttons again to configure to [DEEP COLOR: OFF]. This should help resolve this issue.

In regards to ZONE 2; on the TX-NR 414, ZONE 2 output is outputted at a FIXED level via the ZONE 2 LINE OUT terminal. Unlike our receivers which incorporate POWERED ZONE 2 and utilizes a variable volume output; the volume output for the NR 414 will need to be controlled via the external amplifier and NOT the TX-NR 414 receiver. Unfortunately; the TX-NR 414 doesn't incorporate a VARIABLE ZONE 2 OUTPUT. If you are still experiencing the same issue(s), Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (Monday- Sunday 24 hours a day EST: (800) 229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT). We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Toomercreek Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:57 pm

The issue with the dvd blueray is not a screen problem. The system previously worked with the dvd/blueray prior to installation of pc to component in. The blueray hdmi is installed correctly, but still no picture. I have the pc hooked up to component 1 and then back out to Tv, all works fine with pc. I modified some settings in order to configure pc, is it possible that I changed a setting that would cause me to loose my dvd hdmi?

Toomercreek

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:54 pm

In regards to your issue- it would possibly be more effective to contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation below. We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue, with you having access to your unit, as prompt as possible. Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (Monday- Sunday 24 hours a day: (800) 229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT). We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down