Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

***>> 2012 Models Firmware Update (Revision)<<***

+19
CLK
megabyzus
frustrated33
smashpwnage
Jonginear
jaypugh
Cebs
Boge
sranger3
Milinko12
mgause
jasmith87
Jagdad
Otter0911
Guindalf
dsteele1
etw
jksmccoy
OnkyoUSA
23 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

***>> 2012 Models Firmware Update (Revision)<<*** - Page 3 Empty Re: ***>> 2012 Models Firmware Update (Revision)<<***

Post  megabyzus Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:59 am

mgause, sorry to hear that. However, as a data point,approximately how many times have you used the unit (i.e. switched it on/off) over the month period it has been working? 5? 50? 300?

megabyzus

Back to top Go down

***>> 2012 Models Firmware Update (Revision)<<*** - Page 3 Empty 616 video problem

Post  mgause Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:15 am

Probably cycled on and off or switched to different inputs well over 200 times including TV, DVD, CD player, and Net.

mgause

Back to top Go down

***>> 2012 Models Firmware Update (Revision)<<*** - Page 3 Empty Re: ***>> 2012 Models Firmware Update (Revision)<<***

Post  megabyzus Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:55 pm

Did you choose NET as soon as you switched on your unit? The reason I ask is it often takes about 15 seconds for many of my Home Menu items to light up (including NET Service) once I switch on my 616. Every once in a while they light up instantly. I think it has to do with how long my unit has been on power stand by. I wanted to see how you and I compare and whether selecting NET when unit isn't ready has anything to do with it.

Oh, and FW 0300 is the latest. There hasn't been a new one released. The 7/4 firmware you see is the same as the 6/26 per Onkyo.

megabyzus

Back to top Go down

***>> 2012 Models Firmware Update (Revision)<<*** - Page 3 Empty NR515 Newbee

Post  sdi Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:43 pm

Just received my new 515 and kind of wish I had done more research. Had bought a 414 but wanted something that could run patio speakers so replaced with a 515. I love it but have the power on problem with the remote. Also can't always get into menu without switching to aux. After reading this string, seems there are a lot of other issues and the worse part is no response from Onkyo since 6/22?? I hate to go through another swap out but thought I'd send this to see if there's any insight from anyone (hopefully Onkyo).

My problems:
1) Unit takes about 15 seconds for sound and picture to come up (414 came on in about 3-4 seconds). I get "HDMI Startup" on the receiver display. Is this slow start up normal?
2) Remote will not turn the receiver on consistently. I can't seem to determine when and why this happens. Thought it was a timing thing but it can happen anytime and other times works fine. I haven't had any problem turning it off.
3) I can't get the menu display in certain modes at certain times. I can be watching cable and it will not work. I push HOME and get nothing. Hit the AUX button and press HOME and it goes right to menu. Occasionally it does work in cable mode and the funny thing is, occasionally it won't work and I try my universal remote programmed for the Onkyo and it works fine. Could there be a remote problem??
4) The AUX HDMI input is fixed on the front panel and greyed out in the menu. I thought this was normal per the manual but swear at initial setup I had changed the value to HDMI 5. When I mentioned to an Onkyo rep who sounded like they were in another country they said that it should NOT be greyed out and recommended I have the unit exchanged.

Any input would be appreciated. Most functionality on this unit is great. The 414 I ran for a week was great and the HT-R500 it replaced was excellent. Hoping to hear some good news!! Thanks!

sdi

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:26 pm

Hi sdi,

My answer are underlined.

1)Unit takes about 15 seconds for sound and picture to come up (414 came on in about 3-4 seconds). I get "HDMI Startup" on the receiver display. Is this slow start up normal?

This is not something that usually occurs as it depends on your inputs and the HDMI handshakes and how long each one takes to pass.
2) Remote will not turn the receiver on consistently. I can't seem to determine when and why this happens. Thought it was a timing thing but it can happen anytime and other times works fine. I haven't had any problem turning it off.

There is a firmware in the works as we speak to resolve this issue.
3) I can't get the menu display in certain modes at certain times. I can be watching cable and it will not work. I push HOME and get nothing. Hit the AUX button and press HOME and it goes right to menu. Occasionally it does work in cable mode and the funny thing is, occasionally it won't work and I try my universal remote programmed for the Onkyo and it works fine. Could there be a remote problem??

We will have to research this to determine the cause.
4) The AUX HDMI input is fixed on the front panel and greyed out in the menu. I thought this was normal per the manual but swear at initial setup I had changed the value to HDMI 5. When I mentioned to an Onkyo rep who sounded like they were in another country they said that it should NOT be greyed out and recommended I have the unit exchanged.

This input should be grayed out as per the manual on page 16 I apologize for the misinformation.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sdi Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:17 pm

Thanks support!
Based on:
This is not something that usually occurs as it depends on your inputs and the HDMI handshakes and how long each one takes to pass.
Is there anything I can do to decrease the time to start up? I have the exact same set up I had on the NR414.

sdi

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:22 pm

Hi sdi,

On the receivers end there is really nothing that can be done. Keep in mind that we use different chips for the 414 and the 515 also.

Thank you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

***>> 2012 Models Firmware Update (Revision)<<*** - Page 3 Empty ONKYO AND ALL PLEASE READ

Post  jksmccoy Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:25 pm

[quote="aballen"]Just had this issue this morning.

My setup TX-NR515, Direc-TV, PS3, Wii, and AppleTV, onkyo wireless dongle in the back.

I turned on zone 2 last night, today I had the same problem listed in this thread. No video out from any input. I used my iPhone remote app to turn of CEC, that did not appear to resolve my issue, but when I turned off Zone2, and then powered down, everything worked once powered up. I cant say if CEC, Zone2 disable, or powering down/up fixed it, or if it was a combination of two.

Just wanted to let you know, another person having this issue, have not seen anyone mentioning Zone2... hopefully it does not come back for me.

After reading's comments about zone 2 I starting thinking about all my problems and customer problems I am having. When abalien commented that he turned the zone 2 off everything started working again. When I was having problems back when I purchased my TX-NR515 for myself and other customers I turned my zone 2 off and have not used it in a while and I turned my customer to HDMI sub out. Two weeks ago after a month of not having HDMI problems, I turned my zone 2 off (which I leave on 24 hours a day 7 days a week and I use volume control knobs to control the volume for zone 2) I do the same for all my customers with the zone 2. I have a few customers that do not have volume control knobs and have to turn the zone 2 off and on everytime they want to use it with the Logitech 900. They are not having the same issues because they are not leaving on zone 2.

Onkyo, have your firmware programmers check on this issue. i have set my receiver zone 2 off and will test here.

All Onkyo customers, please do the same with your units and see if this is truely the issue. Turn your zone 2 off for at least a week and see if it fixes the issue.

jksmccoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3