Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

***>> 2012 Models Firmware Update (Revision)<<***

+19
CLK
megabyzus
frustrated33
smashpwnage
Jonginear
jaypugh
Cebs
Boge
sranger3
Milinko12
mgause
jasmith87
Jagdad
Otter0911
Guindalf
dsteele1
etw
jksmccoy
OnkyoUSA
23 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

***>> 2012 Models Firmware Update (Revision)<<*** Empty ***>> 2012 Models Firmware Update (Revision)<<***

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:48 pm

Hi Forum users,

We have discovered that the following receivers may have a firmware problem causing intermittent operational issues.
TX-NR414, TX-NR515, TX-NR616, TX-NR717, TX-NR818

To resolve these potential issues please update your firmware to the latest version. This firmware version corrects the unexpected instances where a portion of the internal memory may stop working.
If your receiver is connected to your home network you will see the firmware update information on your TV tomorrow (6/8/2012).
You may also download the firmware update from the Onkyo website via USB. The update via USB will also be available on our website tomorrow (6/8/12).

CAUTION
WITH THIS FIRMWARE UPDATE YOUR RECEIVER WILL BE RESET TO FACTORY SETTINGS. PLEASE MAKE NOTE OF YOUR SETTINGS AND PASSWORDS BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH THIS UPDATE.

Last edited by OnkyoUSA on Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

***>> 2012 Models Firmware Update (Revision)<<*** Empty Thanks!

Post  jksmccoy Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:42 pm

I will upload tonight!

jksmccoy

Back to top Go down

***>> 2012 Models Firmware Update (Revision)<<*** Empty Re: ***>> 2012 Models Firmware Update (Revision)<<***

Post  etw Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:34 am

jksmccoy wrote:I will upload tonight!

We would all prefer that the update came from Onkyo.

etw

Back to top Go down

***>> 2012 Models Firmware Update (Revision)<<*** Empty Does it work? Anyone

Post  dsteele1 Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:07 pm

Just got my 515 connected yesterday... I left Auto Standby off ... I just turn it the unit off manually. No video out problems yet coming out of Standby... does this new firmware work? I don,t like being a beta tester... 6 updates!!!!!! Come on Onkyo. Test this out yourselves before releasing firmware.

dsteele1

Back to top Go down

***>> 2012 Models Firmware Update (Revision)<<*** Empty Re: ***>> 2012 Models Firmware Update (Revision)<<***

Post  Guindalf Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:06 pm

I guess no-one has got this yet?

Time is running out. If it's not there when I get home (remembering that Japan is ahead of us, time-wise), then it gets returned tomorrow!

All these promises and nothing delivered is wearing thin. I have already had to perform a Clear on my receiver four times in a week due to unsuccessful update, HDMI and sound issues and I don't think I'm prepared to live with it much longer!

Guindalf

Back to top Go down

Post  etw Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:15 pm

The firmware update has been posted to the website. I haven't tried to do the network update yet.

etw

Back to top Go down

Post  Otter0911 Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:14 pm

I did the first update this week on 6/5 I believe before Onkyo pulled it. Tried the new firmware today
via network states I have the current update. Tried via USB and same thing...Im confused here scratch

Otter0911

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:48 pm

Hi Otter0911,

If you've done the update from before we pulled and it resolved your issue then there is no need to update again as it will not update. On the other hand if you are still having the issue and it will not let you update then we would need to know of this is the case.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guindalf Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:15 pm

So much for your update. The day is over and nothing is available over the network and the download is not recognized by the receiver!

I do NOT have an option for Firmware Update under Setup/Hardware and the system does not offer me the option to update. I have checked the version numbers and I am definitely on the previous version.

I guess it's time to return it and get something that works. I had the HDMI error this morning, so I have no reason to keep it now. I would rather pay more and have something that works!

Goodbye Onkyo. I know you won't even see this until Monday and by then it'll be too late.

Guindalf

Back to top Go down

***>> 2012 Models Firmware Update (Revision)<<*** Empty update done... pretty painless... now lets see if it works

Post  dsteele1 Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:20 pm

Did the update,,, took all of 10 minutes... no problems at all. Now lets see if it works. Shocked

dsteele1

Back to top Go down

Post  etw Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:09 pm

Onkyo must think we are idiots. Apparently the pulled firmware fixed our problems if it managed to install, and we cannot install the update released today as a reward. If there is a difference between the botched firmware I got a few days ago and today's, then I want the latest. I still have all the same issues and cannot update. This has to be some sort of joke.

etw

Back to top Go down

***>> 2012 Models Firmware Update (Revision)<<*** Empty My customer goes above and beyond

Post  Jagdad Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:35 pm

This is the second receiver for this customer and he keeps giving me another attempt. I do expect a new Denon to be delivered Monday which I promised to provide if this upgrade fails. As an integrator, I have four of these TXNR-616's installed. Three experienced this problem and one unit installed for a month has NEVER had the problem. How is that possible?
Anyway, installed the upgrade from the net today in about ten minutes, reprogrammed the unit in about 20 and played "On & Off" in 2 minute increments for another hour. Figured I'd spend the time because I have lost my butt on this problem.
No problems, no glitches and a happy customer.
FOR NOW!!!!
I know everyone (including Onkyo) is upset about this problem but it would be nice if Onkyo offered the pro's something for doing their beta testing.
What do you think Onkyo?

Jagdad

Back to top Go down

***>> 2012 Models Firmware Update (Revision)<<*** Empty Dealer

Post  jksmccoy Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Jagdad wrote:This is the second receiver for this customer and he keeps giving me another attempt. I do expect a new Denon to be delivered Monday which I promised to provide if this upgrade fails. As an integrator, I have four of these TXNR-616's installed. Three experienced this problem and one unit installed for a month has NEVER had the problem. How is that possible?
Anyway, installed the upgrade from the net today in about ten minutes, reprogrammed the unit in about 20 and played "On & Off" in 2 minute increments for another hour. Figured I'd spend the time because I have lost my butt on this problem.
No problems, no glitches and a happy customer.
FOR NOW!!!!
I know everyone (including Onkyo) is upset about this problem but it would be nice if Onkyo offered the pro's something for doing their beta testing.
What do you think Onkyo?

Jagdad
As a dealer myself, i have had problems myself with 3 TX-NR515s. I had to switch the HDMI out to sub out to keep the customer running. I loaded the new firmware Friday night on my personal TX-NR515, so far no issues. E-mail me at jmccoy@soundsofthefuture.net , maybe we can compare noites.

jksmccoy

Back to top Go down

***>> 2012 Models Firmware Update (Revision)<<*** Empty So far no issues

Post  jasmith87 Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:46 pm

Update went smoothly without hiccups. I am a dealer and installed it on a customers job. So far no issues. The update took about 10 minutes over the network and did not take an hour like the previous updates. I did have to reconfigure the unit, but if this fixes the problem, then it will have been worth it. Thanks for the quick response and action, Onkyo, including removing old firmwares to keep people from flashing faulty firmwares.

jasmith87

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:53 am

Hi jasmith87,

You are welcome.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

***>> 2012 Models Firmware Update (Revision)<<*** Empty Installed update / still no signal problem

Post  mgause Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:01 pm

I installed the new update last week. However, I am still having issues occasionally when turning on the receiver and getting a "no signal" screen on my tv. Uplugging the power to the receiver seems to reset it and things work correctly again. ONE NOTE.....the update took less than 10 minutes, then stopped and I could only proceed by turning off the power button and restarting again. I show the new version of firmware, but I am wondering if it completed. I can't seem to force it to try to reinstall it.

mgause

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:22 pm

Hi mgause,

We are currently working to determine why some customers are still experiencing issues and hope to have an answer soon.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

***>> 2012 Models Firmware Update (Revision)<<*** Empty THANKS ONKYO

Post  mgause Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:39 pm

Thank you for your quick reply. It is refreshing to have a quick response to a question. I know fixes are not instant but I appreciate the effort ONKYO is putting into resolving this. I will be waiting for a solution.

mgause

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:21 pm

Hi mgause,

You are welcome. As soon as I know I will post it.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

***>> 2012 Models Firmware Update (Revision)<<*** Empty Same problem with two of the 515 models, and one 616 model

Post  Milinko12 Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:32 pm

Same issue here. After updating to the latest firmware (6-8-12) on all 3 receivers, I am still having the power on issue and HDMI problems. If you turn the network standby on in the menu, it solves the power on issues, but then there are multiple HDMI issues. Mostly the audio works with no video, but the other way around is also happening. This is clearly a well-known problem, and I am looking like a complete idiot to my customers.....not to mention they are holding final payment until this gets resolved. I only have 4 days before my 30 day return policy is up with my vendor (AVAD), so please let us know if this will be addressed soon. I have been an Onkyo/Integra custom dealer for years, but if this continues, I'm sorry to say the relationship will be over. Why wouldn't you test before they left the factory?? Very mind-boggling and now the Dealers and end-users are paying the price. Terrible.....SMH No

Milinko12

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:27 pm

Hi forum users,

We are currently working to determine why some customers are still experiencing issues and hope to have an answer soon.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:29 am

Hi forum users,

Update: The firmware posted on 6/8 addressed an issue with the internal memory of the system. We are continuing to diligently investigate other issues which have been brought to our attention and will provide updates to address them as quickly as possible.
The firmware posted on the network on Tuesday, June 5th was actually the final test update of what was released on Friday, June 8th. The only difference between it and the one released on June 8th is the version number.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sranger3 Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:21 pm

So that should explain why those of us who updated via the net on Tuesday, now can't update via the net or usb with the Friday version. They were the same firmware. Correct?

sranger3

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:25 pm

Hi sranger3,

You are correct.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guindalf Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:05 pm

So, what do we get today? Another failure?

More ignore from Onkyo?

Remember, Onkyo, I asked for the contact info for your CEO? Is it too much to expect a reply?

Guindalf

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next