Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

***>> 2012 Models Firmware Update <<***

4 posters

Go down

***>> 2012 Models Firmware Update <<*** Empty ***>> 2012 Models Firmware Update <<***

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:14 pm

Hi Forum users,

We have discovered that the following receivers may have a firmware problem causing intermittent operational issues.
TX-NR414, HT-R758(HT-S6500)
TX-NR515, HT-RC460, HT-R791(HT-S7500), TX-NR616, HT-RC470
TX-NR717
TX-NR818
To resolve these potential issues please update your firmware to the latest version. This firmware version corrects the unexpected instances where a portion of the internal memory may stop working.
If your receiver is connected to your home network you will see the firmware update information on your TV monitor today (6/5/2012).
You may also download the firmware update from the Onkyo website via USB and update your receiver. The update via USB will be available on our website by the end of the week.
Caution
With this firmware update your receiver will be reset to factory settings. Please make a note of your settings and passwords before proceeding with this update process.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

***>> 2012 Models Firmware Update <<*** Empty Re: ***>> 2012 Models Firmware Update <<***

Post  Guindalf Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:47 pm

I performed the update and I can confirm that it DID NOT WORK!

Well, that's not quite true. It worked once. The update gave me a "Complete" message after about 10 minutes. I switched it off manually and was able to switch it on with the remote. The volume was set to 30, so I know that something had been reset as I had the level set to 55. However, I got the upgrade message again and this time, it took close to an hour to download and complete. All my settings were back except my input names and it now will NOT switch on with the remote at all!!

I performed a 'Clear' just in case it needed it and the unit switched on with the remote. I got hopeful, but when I switched off and tried again, nothing.

I guess it's time to return the unit and wave goodbye to Onkyo forever - and tell as many people as I can not to buy!!

Last edited by Guindalf on Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : More info)

Guindalf

Back to top Go down

***>> 2012 Models Firmware Update <<*** Empty Re: ***>> 2012 Models Firmware Update <<***

Post  etw Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:32 pm

TX-NR515 updated with the new firmware. After updating, the update available flag is not cleared and another reminder to update pops up. DTS-HD Master audio tracks still do not play without powering off and powering back up. Monitor out issue was corrected with the prior (pulled) update. This did not help at all, and had to endure repeating the setup procedures as indicated (re-calibrate audyssey, rename inputs, etc).

etw

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:25 am

Hi forum users,

We have pulled the recent 2012 firmware update to make further revisions to it based on customer feedback. We expect to re-release it very soon. We apologize for the inconvenience.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guindalf Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:31 am

Too little, too late now, I'm afraid. I'm not prepared to wait and spend another hour+ of my time to be a beta tester for your products. This is a simple power-on issue. It's not rocket science!

I hope others take note that the quality of Onkyo products and support has hit rock bottom now and avoid the problem so many of us have experienced. I will, of course, make it my mission to let as many people know about this as I possibly can.

Guindalf

Back to top Go down

Post  justincase102 Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:33 am

I hear you. I just reconfigured my setup (again) because the firmware wiped everything, looks like I'll be doing it again shortly.

justincase102

Back to top Go down

Post  etw Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:44 am

To be fair, the competition does not offer a dual HDMI out receiver with this feature set at close to the price. I'm patiently hoping that a properly tested and functional firmware update happens sooner rather than later though.

etw

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down