Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

***>> 2012 Models Firmware Update (Revision)<<***

+19
CLK
megabyzus
frustrated33
smashpwnage
Jonginear
jaypugh
Cebs
Boge
sranger3
Milinko12
mgause
jasmith87
Jagdad
Otter0911
Guindalf
dsteele1
etw
jksmccoy
OnkyoUSA
23 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

***>> 2012 Models Firmware Update (Revision)<<*** - Page 2 Empty Re: ***>> 2012 Models Firmware Update (Revision)<<***

Post  Boge Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:21 pm

Hi. I'm new to Onkyo and currently have a 616 purchased 2 weeks ago. I've been waiting for a final fix on the firmware and hope this one might be it.

I would like to update via USB and have downloaded the zip file ONKAVR000D_00EAEA00EAEAEA_112 but I'm a bit confused as to which files to actually copy to my USB flash drive?

After extracting the zip to a new folder I have 3 files : ONKAVR000D_00EAEA00EAEAEA.of1 , ONKAVR000D_00EAEA00EAEAEA.of2, ONKAVR000D_00EAEA00EAEAEA.of3.

BUT. I also have a folder called AVR00D_Release and this also includes the 3 files already mentioned.

So which files do I actually copy to the USB flash drive? All of them? Including the folder? Just the folder?

Sorry if I'm being dumb but I would like to know exactly before I flash the firmware.

Thanks

Boge

Back to top Go down

***>> 2012 Models Firmware Update (Revision)<<*** - Page 2 Empty Re: ***>> 2012 Models Firmware Update (Revision)<<***

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:45 pm

Hi forum users,

The product that you are using may have unexpected issue which will be addressed by this F/W update available on 6/15/12.
Please check your FW version below and proceed for the FW update.
To check FW version, press the home button on the remote control. Highlight “F/W Update” or Firmware Update icon and press enter. FW version will be displayed on the front panel and TV.

Versions
TX-NR515/HT-RC460/HT-R791/TX-NR616/HT-RC470
1030-3103-0100
1030-4103-0100
1040-5104-0200
1060-5104-0200
1070-5105-0200

TX-NR414/HT-R758/HT-RC440
1020-1000-0000
1030-1000-0000
1050-3000-0000
1060-4000-0000

TX-NR717/TX-NR818
1020-1100-0000-0000
1030-2100-0000-0000
1040-2100-0000-0000
1050-3100-0000-0000

The 6/15 /12 update will address the following:

1. Corrects unexpected instance where a portion of the internal memory may stop working during operation.
*See below for further important details
2. Adds UBT-1 Support

*IMPORTANT NOTICE
1) If the current F/W version of your receiver IS listed above, this update will occur in 2 parts.
a. The 1st part of the update will clear the settings and restore the unit to factory default setting. Initial set-up must be performed again including Network setting and Audyssey calibration.
b. Once the network setting are re-established, the 2nd portion of the update will occur which will add support for the UBT-1. Settings WILL NOT be cleared as a result of this 2nd portion.
c. It is recommended to proceed with these FW update via USB

2) If the current F/W version of your receiver IS NOT listed above, only the UBT-1 support update will be processed. Settings WILL NOT be cleared as a result of this portion.

Once these updates are completed, the receivers F/W version will be
X-NR414/HT-R758/HT-RC440: 1110-7001-0000
TX-NR515/HT-RC460/HT-R791/TX-NR616/HT-RC470: 1110-810*-0300
TX-NR717/TX-NR818: 1080-6100-0100-0000

* : This digit depends on the version number of your receiver.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Boge Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:20 am

Ah well. I guess no reply to my question means that nobody knows the answer.

Reading the other topics here it seems that this firmware still does not fix the issues with HDMI out and Remote on off anyway so it looks it could be a hardware issue.

This was my first experience of an Onkyo product and it will now be my last. I will be returning the unit on monday and changing it for something that actually works.

I should have stuck with Yamaha (I've been using them for over 20 years)

Goodbye.

Boge

Back to top Go down

***>> 2012 Models Firmware Update (Revision)<<*** - Page 2 Empty Back from the Brink!

Post  Jagdad Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:41 pm

As I stated previously in this thread, I had four 616's installed when the problems started. One 616 never had the problem of no HDMI video. I installed two more and both had the issue. One I replaced with a new 616 and the new one also had the problem. The last one showed the problem but the customer allowed the unit to stay based the promised firmware updates and my personal assurance I would make it good no matter when. I actually have a Denon 2313 in my office as a replacement for it. When the latest upgrade came out last Friday, the customer allowed me to come back one more time to install the latest. When it worked while I was there, I immediately went to customer number two and updated his also.
This morning, I called each to wish them Happy Father's Day just so I could ask if the problem was still on their unit. Both said NO!!!!
I like Onkyo and I think this situation is a nightmare for them. Contrary to what most say on this forumn, I think they are working hard on this and in my case, have solved my problems. On top of that, the value of these units and the feature set they present make them hard to beat. I will continue to be a customer but the system I install next week will include a TX-NR 809!!!, not an 818 until I'm sure all the problems are fixed

Jagdad

Back to top Go down

***>> 2012 Models Firmware Update (Revision)<<*** - Page 2 Empty HDMI pass thru still not working with new firmware

Post  Cebs Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:57 am

Dear Onkyo,

I´ve updated the firmware for this last version, it took about 45min to complete. The HDMI pass thru still not working like it suposed to be.
I´ve checked the cables and everything else regarding it, they are pretty good.
HDMI pass thru only works if I don´t change the sattelite receiver channel, if I change it, the signal is lost, so I have to turn on the receiver. After the restablish signal I can turn off the receiver to use pass thru.

I hope you address it shortly in next firmware revision.

Still waiting.

Cebs

Back to top Go down

***>> 2012 Models Firmware Update (Revision)<<*** - Page 2 Empty No HDMI out until I unplug the power and power back up

Post  jaypugh Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:36 pm

I have my 616 updated to the latest yet today I found I had no picture out the HDMI. This part of it worked fine the first few days. The one thing that has been changed is the network settings were changed to make it so I could use my Android to power on the receiver when the receiver is turned off. I don't know if this is coincidence or actually part of the cause but the next morning I had nothing. The only way I got a picture was to unplug the power and plug it back in. I'm going to check on returning this to Best Buy unless I see a fix soon. I'm worried I will get out of my 30 days and be stuck with these issues. I've never seen such issues from a receiver. Sad

jaypugh

Back to top Go down

***>> 2012 Models Firmware Update (Revision)<<*** - Page 2 Empty Firmware EPIC FAIL

Post  Jonginear Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:07 pm

Hi Onkyo
Looks like multiple users have posted that the latest attempt at resolving the HDMI video out failure through firmware updates has not resolved the issue.
Any idea if yet another firmware update is in the works or have you decided to give up on this problem and start working on some additional features that we don't need?
I would suggest that every software engineer in your employ be assigned to resolving this issue and get it fixed as soon as possible.
Do you really expect your customers to be patient guinnea pigs for much longer?
I can't imagine how many "B" stock units are going to be flooding the market at the end of this years product cycle.............

Jonginear

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:19 pm

Hi forum users,

We are currently working to resolve the issue with the latest firmware updates and hope to have a resolution soon.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

***>> 2012 Models Firmware Update (Revision)<<*** - Page 2 Empty no hdmi output from composite or component sources.

Post  smashpwnage Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:24 pm

I have my nintendo hooked up to the 515 in the "game" composite input. I cannot get the receiver to output any picture over hdmi to my tv. I will get sound, and when I run the video cable directly to my set, I get picture. So I know its the 515.

I also tested this with my xbox 360 using the component input. Again, it will not output video over hdmi.

I've owned the 605 and used the 609, and am familiar with the setup menus. Had both those units outputing over hdmi fine.

I've updated the the latest firmware and the problem persists. This is the second 515 I've had with the issue. I returned the first one because I thought it was faulty, but apparently that was not an isolated case. I'm sure this is a problem across all 515's. Can any other owners verify? Owners of Higher models? 616 and up have this problem?

I loved my 605, but the 609 and now this 515 is making me doubt if I will continue purchasing onkyo products in the future.

smashpwnage

Back to top Go down

***>> 2012 Models Firmware Update (Revision)<<*** - Page 2 Empty Remote Power on and Component Video HDMI Out

Post  frustrated33 Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:02 am

I have a TX-NR515 that has the latest firmware and I also get no HDMI out from component video going into the receiver. I am also unable to power on the device with the remote control however I am able to power off the device. How can a product be released with such a fundamental issue such as powering on and off the device? The last firmware update took 45 minutes and wiped out all of my initial setup that I spent over an hour performing. There is obviously a systemic problem with these receivers, what is it that Onkyo is going to do for all of us before we take class action against this company? How long do we all wait before taking action? Is there a timeline for fixing these issues?

frustrated33

Back to top Go down

***>> 2012 Models Firmware Update (Revision)<<*** - Page 2 Empty Latest frmware fix seems to be working for 616

Post  mgause Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:41 pm

Installed the lastest firmware update on 616 last week. So far all issues have been resolved. Previous problem with no hdmi output to tv has not happened again. I have continually switched back and forth to different sources and all have worked. I have not seen any of the other problems that previous posters have mentioned. Hopefully, this has fixed the problem. (at least for me) Thanks Onkyo for working through this problem.

mgause

Back to top Go down

Post  jaypugh Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:53 am

I'm on the latest version and once again I had to unplug the 616 to get a signal out over HDMI yesterday. Sad

jaypugh

Back to top Go down

Post  megabyzus Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:55 pm

mgause wrote:Installed the lastest firmware update on 616 last week. So far all issues have been resolved. Previous problem with no hdmi output to tv has not happened again. I have continually switched back and forth to different sources and all have worked. I have not seen any of the other problems that previous posters have mentioned. Hopefully, this has fixed the problem. (at least for me) Thanks Onkyo for working through this problem.

mgause, do you have Network standby on (for remote cellphone app access)? Can you confirm your HDMI still works with this enabled? It isn't clear the problems indeed have been fixed unless everyone has the same settings. Thanks for the info.

Thanks!

megabyzus

Back to top Go down

***>> 2012 Models Firmware Update (Revision)<<*** - Page 2 Empty HDMI output issue TX-NR515

Post  CLK Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:36 pm

I have 3 of these sold and installed that are having this problem even after firmware revision 1110-8103-0300. The first time it happened tech support told us to RMA a replacement from our distributor because there was certainly an internal problem... Now with the hope of another firmware coming out we are doing hard resets and running initial setups to make keep my clients going. I would say that in most cases I dont mind helping to resolve problems even if it means taking a loss for the greater good but how much does Onkyo value the custom integration channel when we find ourselves empty handed after "warranty issues" bleed our time again and again. Building brand loyalty is something of the past for most companies in this segment and yet here we are the selling your products every day, doing the hand holding with our clients on issues like this and saving your brand from sheer destruction in the eyes of your/our customers. I signed up to sell your products, not to be a beta-tester.

*** Network standby is enabled at all locations we have. iGadget users

Last edited by CLK on Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : update)

CLK

Back to top Go down

Post  jaypugh Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:50 pm

mamdali wrote:
mgause wrote:Installed the lastest firmware update on 616 last week. So far all issues have been resolved. Previous problem with no hdmi output to tv has not happened again. I have continually switched back and forth to different sources and all have worked. I have not seen any of the other problems that previous posters have mentioned. Hopefully, this has fixed the problem. (at least for me) Thanks Onkyo for working through this problem.

mgause, do you have Network standby on (for remote cellphone app access)? Can you confirm your HDMI still works with this enabled? It isn't clear the problems indeed have been fixed unless everyone has the same settings. Thanks for the info.

Thanks!
I would like to know this as well if you get a chance.

jaypugh

Back to top Go down

Post  megabyzus Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:08 pm

jaypugh wrote:
I would like to know this as well if you get a chance.

I just received a PM from megause that they don't use Network Standby and haven't tested this. So the for all intents and purposes this problem still persists and Onkyo HAS NOT fixed these problems and the firmware upgrades are ineffective.

megabyzus

Back to top Go down

Post  mgause Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:23 pm

cheers CLARIFICATION......I normally to do not have network on.....However for this purpose of testing I enabled network standby, turned the unit off and then back on. HDMI pass through still works either way. As I said before, Onkyo seems to have fixed my problems. I know there are many different configurations and tweaks that could affect people differently, but mine seems to be fine so far.

mgause

Back to top Go down

Post  jaypugh Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:15 pm

mgause wrote: cheers CLARIFICATION......I normally to do not have network on.....However for this purpose of testing I enabled network standby, turned the unit off and then back on. HDMI pass through still works either way. As I said before, Onkyo seems to have fixed my problems. I know there are many different configurations and tweaks that could affect people differently, but mine seems to be fine so far.

Can you please LEAVE network standby on? I can flip my receiver on and off and it works fine too. It's when it has been off for an extended amount of time such as overnight that I lose the picture on HDMI out.

jaypugh

Back to top Go down

***>> 2012 Models Firmware Update (Revision)<<*** - Page 2 Empty Network Standby=ON may delay the issue but not resolve it

Post  MusicHK Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:34 am

I tested my 515 (latest firmware) for 6 more days. Network Standby=ON during the test period. HDMI blank-screen issue ocurred twice, which as you already know, requires a power reset to fix it.

So in my opinion, one might as well use a power socket with timer control as a remedy rather than using Network Standby=ON setting. It delays the issue but didn't solve it.

I have been testing firmwares since May 9. By now it is over a month and a half. The issue itself is pretty easy to reproduce so a puzzle to me why Onkyo keeps releasing firmware updates that don't work at all.

Of course customers like us are upset. I noticed past users who compaint the probem stopped compaining. I don't think it is because the issue is addressed but rather they jumped the boat already.

MusicHK

Back to top Go down

***>> 2012 Models Firmware Update (Revision)<<*** - Page 2 Empty Today they released another firmware thru network

Post  Cebs Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:38 am

Today Onkyo released another firmware, the update took 10min at all.

My 616 still have the same HDMI pass thru problems. Even with network stand by off.

It looses the signal from SAT box when I change the channel and need to turn on/off the receiver to have it back.

Still loosing my time with this product.... Sad

Cebs

Back to top Go down

***>> 2012 Models Firmware Update (Revision)<<*** - Page 2 Empty Onkyo Tx-NR5008

Post  Glen989 Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:50 pm

Does Onkyo offer any Beta Firmware updates for the TX-NR5008? I am having a problem when I use CBL/SAT HDMI connection the system locks up and does not respond, my TX-NR5009 is not having this problem. I saw a post somewhere about other units having the same problem, and the fix was to upgrade the firmware.
Thank you,
Glen

Glen989

Back to top Go down

***>> 2012 Models Firmware Update (Revision)<<*** - Page 2 Empty Latest update on firmware installation / NO PROBLEMS AT ALL!!

Post  mgause Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:01 pm

alien alien I have had this firmware update(1110-8105-0300) installed for about 2 weeks now. I installed it via USB instead of through the network. I did not install the last firmware update because EVERYTHING IS WORKING FINE and didn't want to chance messing something up. I also enabled Network standby after the update after being requested to do so by some users and still no problems after 2 weeks. HDMI passthru always works and no problems with remote power on that some users have had. Can't explain why other users have still having problems but I just wanted to post the fact that some users are have had their problems resolved. Thanks to Onkyo for staying with this problem.

jaypugh wrote:
mgause wrote: cheers CLARIFICATION......I normally to do not have network on.....However for this purpose of testing I enabled network standby, turned the unit off and then back on. HDMI pass through still works either way. As I said before, Onkyo seems to have fixed my problems. I know there are many different configurations and tweaks that could affect people differently, but mine seems to be fine so far.

Can you please LEAVE network standby on? I can flip my receiver on and off and it works fine too. It's when it has been off for an extended amount of time such as overnight that I lose the picture on HDMI out.

mgause

Back to top Go down

***>> 2012 Models Firmware Update (Revision)<<*** - Page 2 Empty ARGH

Post  AbundantChoice Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:09 pm

So I did the most recent firmware update about a week ago, and things were working fine and it looked like it fixed my "HDMI stops working after a day or two" issue.... until last night. Now the "HDMI doesn't pass signal through when you power on no matter what you do" problem is back. Unplugging the unit and re-plugging it in fixes the problem. For the record, i'm using Network Standby; is the general consensus that disabling Network Standby will solve the problem?

I've got about a week more before I decide to return the device (only got it 2 weeks ago) and i'm leaning in that direction. There is *no* *way* i'm willing to deal with having to unplug & replug the device for it to pass an HDMI signal, and there's also no way i'm willing to buy a freaking power-timer that does it for me once a day either.

AbundantChoice

Back to top Go down

Post  megabyzus Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:39 am

mgause wrote: alien alien I have had this firmware update(1110-8105-0300) installed for about 2 weeks now. I installed it via USB instead of through the network. I did not install the last firmware update because EVERYTHING IS WORKING FINE and didn't want to chance messing something up. I also enabled Network standby after the update after being requested to do so by some users and still no problems after 2 weeks. HDMI passthru always works and no problems with remote power on that some users have had. Can't explain why other users have still having problems but I just wanted to post the fact that some users are have had their problems resolved. Thanks to Onkyo for staying with this problem.

jaypugh wrote:

Thanks for the info. It is encouraging. I just unboxed my 616 yesterday and updated it to 1110-8105-0300 which until July 4th (today) happened to be the latest firmware update. Anyway, I'm sticking with this while I test it. I hope I get the same results you did.

megabyzus

Back to top Go down

***>> 2012 Models Firmware Update (Revision)<<*** - Page 2 Empty Thougt it was fixed.....but......

Post  mgause Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:11 am

Got the dreaded No signal today. It has been almost a month since this has happened and I thought it was completely fixed. I got the no signal when trying to switch to the Net input. Of course it didn' work on any other input either after that. Had to unplug it and restart to get it working again. I will post again if or when it happens again. I am still on the 0300 firmware update. Has anyone had success with later ones?

megabyzus wrote:
mgause wrote: alien alien I have had this firmware update(1110-8105-0300) installed for about 2 weeks now. I installed it via USB instead of through the network. I did not install the last firmware update because EVERYTHING IS WORKING FINE and didn't want to chance messing something up. I also enabled Network standby after the update after being requested to do so by some users and still no problems after 2 weeks. HDMI passthru always works and no problems with remote power on that some users have had. Can't explain why other users have still having problems but I just wanted to post the fact that some users are have had their problems resolved. Thanks to Onkyo for staying with this problem.

jaypugh wrote:

Thanks for the info. It is encouraging. I just unboxed my 616 yesterday and updated it to 1110-8105-0300 which until July 4th (today) happened to be the latest firmware update. Anyway, I'm sticking with this while I test it. I hope I get the same results you did.

mgause

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next