Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture)

+138
plouie10
DHTech
Deuce2119
Spinplasm
mid_gen
Feuerwehr
prymevil
DADEO
gsalciccioli
Paladin2187
adamcall
311stylie
kjbuk
zinferlo
jackr000
rwanat1224
larryf67
Widmark
kaplansa
kalliasx
av-dude
sidigs
Anthony Bonello
huckster2
thedogstarman
mog_pj
ndskurfer
ZeroFusion
legeferenda
Xrypton
thedr
elchucho
LarryRac
skeeter
FlyByNgt
tulak
Mark515
alexade
ijthay
GilmanW
Kram
Greyfax1
Briwis
robyholmes
alskop
tvandemeeberg
david_l312
cheth
CVuPlay
sika stag
The_Chemist
Jarsky
Dubguy
Pdub247
ashley68
Jes The Cat
markwyse24
MARK616
riconek
bjornr
Poechi
sterrenberg
Lawplace
DournP
arlibama
enigmakrishna
parosser
rataplan
city1
jollyred
Hans143
thecaptain
Bitsmart Corp
mgause
ChrisNow
hjmm2002
gotagreatdog
dazkgoodwin
chatman
MusicLover
den327nj
bhinesley
JohnDollin
namwol55
teryglenn1
ejronin
Cloneman315
aballen
Seb007
jbhieber
JayeizH
steverobertsbbc
kimbray
funchameleon
megabyzus
Stereo Steve
pla
timbock2
xeryax
smashpwnage
likeahoss
Jonginear
jaypugh
toto
ernestshackleton
nexusseven
Jeron
mwhorseman
Jagdad
tedgocal
Sanxion72
rvath
Guindalf
dsteele1
txuser
911jason
cpmmk1
MusicHK
Otter0911
fchamorro
Spocktwin
miami580
dibe
mastergravis
KI2000
jksmccoy
Dadorama
chrisg
coryip
meyerman
jensen
zingmaster
jerryw
roger4680
Didsbury Nick
rlh
OnkyoUSA
etw
142 posters

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 11 Empty Wake up, Onkyo...

Post  city1 Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:22 am

We just upgraded our home audio/video system, and the TX-NR515 is the AVR that the A/V contractor chose to go with.

The problem we are experiencing is the same as everyone else in this thread. We are losing video signal on a regular basis (nearly every day). The solution is to turn off power at the surge protector?! This is absolutely unacceptable.

I stumbled upon this thread while trying to research the problems we are experiencing. I was shocked to see that absolutely no progress has been made in correcting the issues. If the problem cannot be fixed, Onkyo needs to recall their defective products and refund money. On top of not fixing the problem, continuing to sell their defective product for months after being made aware of the issues is dishonest and borderline criminal.

This thread is 17 pages full of Onkyo owners/dealers all having the same problem, and the responses from "OnkyoUSA" have been either questioning the quality of the HDMI cables being used or announcing the release of completely useless updates that do nothing to fix their defective product.

Our NR515 will be returned very soon, as it seems that Onkyo is unable/unwilling to fix the problems with their product. Marantz, Denon, or NAD will be receiving my business.

city1

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 11 Empty Re: TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture)

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:08 pm

We are still working on a resolution to this issue and would greatly appreciate you submit the following information so we can further troubleshoot and send this information to Japan as well:
・ Name and model of connecting devices using HDMI (game console, Cable/ Satellite box, BD/ DVD player, TV/ Projector, etc):

・ Receiver Settings(HDMI THRU was it enabled/ disabled, NET STANDBY: was it also enabled or disabled) :

・ ARC/ HDMI CONTROL (RIHD) enabled? How is receiver connected to NETWORK- Ethernet cable or UWF-1 :

・ How many times it happens out of how many you tried? How many times needed to unplug receiver?:

・ Current F/W version on receiver:

・ Current Video Resolution (while holding DISPLAY button on front panel of receiver):

This information is greatly appreciated and will aid in replicating the issue and work towards a resolution to this issue.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 11 Empty Re: TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture)

Post  rataplan Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:37 pm

Hi
first post, just bought a brand new 515

Receiver Settings(HDMI THRU was it enabled/ disabled, NET STANDBY: was it also enabled or disabled) : both disabled
・ ARC/ HDMI CONTROL (RIHD) enabled? How is receiver connected to NETWORK- Ethernet cable or UWF-1 :disabled, ethernet cable
・ How many times it happens out of how many you tried? How many times needed to unplug receiver?: happened twice in the last two days, both times after coming out of standby
・ Current F/W version on receiver: 1030-3103-0100
・ Current Video Resolution (while holding DISPLAY button on front panel of receiver):main output 1920*1080i, sub 1920*1080p ( pc on HDMI4)

rataplan

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 11 Empty NR515 - monitor out issue like everyone else

Post  parosser Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:04 pm

Hi all,

First post for me too. I live in NZ and after a 5 star review of the NR515 on the WhatHiFi.co.uk website I decided this was the amp for me. I purchased from JBHiFi at a price of NZD$684 - which seemed like a bargain for the features.

However, I had the same issue as everyone else in this thread and returned the amp to JBHiFi and to their credit they returned my money without a fuss.

I've looked at specs and features of other amps and they don't seem to compare to the NR515 for the specs at the price point.....which makes me quite disappointed that the NR515 doesn't work as it says on the box.

ONKYO - I assume you are reading these forums? I know you keep on asking for people to answer your questions which some people are but surely you've been able to replicate the issue by now??? The issue was first raised in May - I only had the unit for three days and I managed to replicate it?

I'm gong to keep an eye on this forum and if the issue is resolved and I haven't purchased a different amp I will probably get another NR515. But as it stands my first venture into an Onkyo product has been rather disappointing.

parosser

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:54 pm

We are gathering information to further replicate and evaluate the RCA of this issue. All information provided is greatly appreciated.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hans143 Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:12 am

Hello Onkyo

There are more then hundreds of people suffering from this problem!
Do you REALLY think that this is depending on WHAT kind of device there is connected???????

This is just a way of letting us think Onkyo is working on the problem, but exactually the don't have a clue what the problem is...
Just sent out a genreal remark that ALL people suffering from this problem will receive a refund or at least a NR515 which works!

The remark that is it just 3% of ALL TX-NR515 is affewcted by this issue is a joke!

A REALLY disappointed Onkyo user who will NEVER buy an Onkyo device in his life and wil ltell everybody that Onkyo is selling devices with a KNOWN bug and are NOT willing to fix the problems!

Hans143

Back to top Go down

Post  enigmakrishna Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:34 am

Yes, another new owner that was driven crazy by this no HDMI output issue!!!!! Embarassed

・ Name and model of connecting devices using HDMI (game console, Cable/ Satellite box, BD/ DVD player, TV/ Projector, etc):
MagicTV settop box, HDMI output set to 1080i

・ Receiver Settings(HDMI THRU was it enabled/ disabled, NET STANDBY: was it also enabled or disabled) :
Tried HDMI THRU enabled or disabled, both not work.
NET STANDBY: disabled.

・ ARC/ HDMI CONTROL (RIHD) enabled? How is receiver connected to NETWORK- Ethernet cable or UWF-1 :
ARC/HDMI CONTROL disabled. Network connected through ethernet cable.

・ How many times it happens out of how many you tried? How many times needed to unplug receiver?:
Happens almost every day or every other day. Tried returning the input selection to HDMI THRU source before shutting down, still not help.
Requires unplugging and rebooting receiver everytime to rectify the problem.

・ Current F/W version on receiver:
(Firmware 1130-9106-0300)

・ Current Video Resolution (while holding DISPLAY button on front panel of receiver):
Doesn't help no matter selecting HDMI Main Video Resolution AUTO or 1080i (which is the resolution for my TV)

enigmakrishna

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 11 Empty Tired and Broke

Post  jksmccoy Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:26 pm

Onkyo,

Today I received a call from a customer that I installed a TXNR515 about a month ago and have had no issues until today. I had to go back out and reset the receiver by unplugging it. I read a tread where you stated that less than .3% of your customers are having issues with these receivers. I have had 100% nothing but trouble with this receiver since it has been out for about 20 receovers I have installed.I have also read on this tread which I have been participating on since it was 3 pages instead of 18. i have been an Onkyo dealer for about 10 years now and have never had so much trouble with your product until you came out with the 609-515-616. Maybe you should go back to your old ways!

You keep asking the same questions over and over to the same people. I have even answered your quetions myself. NOTHING GETS DONE!

I need to know from Onkyo before I install my next five 515's I have sold, Is this fixed? If it is not I will not purchase Onkyo and will purchase Yahmaha or Denon. I am tired of wasting my time and fuel on fixing your problems so it does not ruin my business or name. Maybe if you gave me some kind of time line to have this fixed I could relay this to my customers.

If you do not respond to this AND my personel e-mail by the end of week I will officially be over Onkyo.

All you have to do is fix the problem and acknowledge the issues to you customers, at least once a day!!!!

e-mail me jmccoy@soundsofthefuture.net .

jksmccoy

Back to top Go down

Post  enigmakrishna Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:52 pm

The 0.3% failure rate is a fxxking joke!
I exchanged for another brand new NR515 within 14 days and the new one still has the no HDMI problem.
So the probability of getting TWO defective ones in a row is 0.3% x 0.3%?
Have i ever been so lucky in my whole life?
Come on, Onkyo!!!!!!!!
Evil or Very Mad

enigmakrishna

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 11 Empty Time to get the medias involved!!!!

Post  arlibama Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:09 pm

It is almost more than 5 months now since the time we first complained to Onkyo about the issues and we still do not have a fix as of today. This is really unacceptable!!! Onkyo is still selling both defective receivers now and let all the new owners into the dark!!!! OK!! I think we should get the media involved and let everyone know about our frustration and how Onkyo treated us. “The Consumerist” consumerist.com will be a good place to start. Anyone got a truth story to tell the media???? Such as “I need to teach my 80 years grandma to bend down her back and locate the power to reset the receiver to make it works when she was watching TV alone”. We should either get a promise on the timeframe for the fix or get 100% refund and recall for the receiver.

arlibama

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:36 pm

We are aware of the issue with the TX-NR 515 and TX-NR 616 receivers and are diligently working to resolve this issue for our many customers afflicted. We are compiling data from the customers who have provided the detailed information to further replicate and resolve this issue for the consumers affected by this issue. We are in development of a resolution to alleviate the issue.

Thank You again for your patience and cooperation regarding this issue;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 11 Empty Reply

Post  jksmccoy Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:44 pm

[quote="OnkyoUSA"]We are aware of the issue with the TX-NR 515 and TX-NR 616 receivers and are diligently working to resolve this issue for our many customers afflicted. We are compiling data from the customers who have provided the detailed information to further replicate and resolve this issue for the consumers affected by this issue. We are in development of a resolution to alleviate the issue.

Forum Moderator
Onkyo, do you have a time limit or do need to buy another brand for my next five jobs?

jksmccoy

Back to top Go down

Post  DournP Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:53 am

parosser wrote:Hi all,

First post for me too. I live in NZ and after a 5 star review of the NR515 on the WhatHiFi.co.uk website I decided this was the amp for me. I purchased from JBHiFi at a price of NZD$684 - which seemed like a bargain for the features.

However, I had the same issue as everyone else in this thread and returned the amp to JBHiFi and to their credit they returned my money without a fuss.

I've looked at specs and features of other amps and they don't seem to compare to the NR515 for the specs at the price point.....which makes me quite disappointed that the NR515 doesn't work as it says on the box.

ONKYO - I assume you are reading these forums? I know you keep on asking for people to answer your questions which some people are but surely you've been able to replicate the issue by now??? The issue was first raised in May - I only had the unit for three days and I managed to replicate it?

I'm gong to keep an eye on this forum and if the issue is resolved and I haven't purchased a different amp I will probably get another NR515. But as it stands my first venture into an Onkyo product has been rather disappointing.

Hi Parosser - I'm also in NZ, and also bought my 515 from JBHifi (although the price has now dropped to NZD$547.20!).
I had already read this thread before buying it, and so had mixed feelings about the purchase, but the feature set (and price) were spot on. Plus, when you use it with the oRemote iPhone app, you get a very very cool setup.

The problem is: the Onkyo AVR I'm replacing (TX-SR606) went bad (there was an engineering problem with most of the early versions where the capacitors used couldn't handle the heat of the unit and slowly failed, meaning that you couldn't switch between HDMI sources). I thought it was my HDMI cables for quite a while, and when I finally worked out what was going on (and found a forum thread about it) my unit was out of warranty. See this thread for more info: wwwDOThighdefforumDOTcom/high-definition-receivers-recorders-players-tivos/106255-onkyo-tx-sr606-hdmi-switching-headache.html

However, taking my Onkyo 515 out of the box for the first time and plugging it in, I get the same behaviours described in this thread: From Standby (with Network Standby on), there is no video out when powering on - a hard reset fixes this; and I am sometimes unable to switch HDMI sources (get the blue "no signal" screen even though a signal is being supplied).

I'm going to hold off returning the unit just yet as I really want to believe that Onkyo can fix this.
I've just updated the firmware from the factory supplied 1030-3103-0100 to the current latest version (1130-9106-0300) and will see if that changes anything.

I'm not going to take the unit back just yet as I want to see if this issue can be fixed. I'll try the new firmware tonight, but from what others have said, the firmware may not fix the issue.
Not a fantastically good start to have the problem with a unit that is only a few hours old! Still, maybe that's why they were being sold cheap...!!! ;-)

For OnkyoUSA, here's my answers:
・ Name and model of connecting devices using HDMI (game console, Cable/ Satellite box, BD/ DVD player, TV/ Projector, etc): AppleTV
・ Receiver Settings(HDMI THRU was it enabled/ disabled, NET STANDBY: was it also enabled or disabled) : HDMI Through Disabled, Net Standby Enabled.
・ ARC/ HDMI CONTROL (RIHD) enabled? Disabled. How is receiver connected to NETWORK- Ethernet cable or UWF-1: UWF-1
・ How many times it happens out of how many you tried? Every time (3 out of 3 times). How many times needed to unplug receiver?: 3 times - switching unit off at wall alleviates the issue
・ Current F/W version on receiver: 1030-3103-0100
・ Current Video Resolution (while holding DISPLAY button on front panel of receiver): main output 1920*1080i

Cheers,
Dourn

DournP

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 11 Empty Latest Firmware update (1130-9106-0300) makes my issue worse: No video at all.

Post  DournP Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:55 am

Sigh.
My 515 is almost 24 hours old now.
I updated the firmware to 1130-9106-0300 as mentioned in my last post.
Now i get no OSD or video out at all. I do get sound though, just no video.
From a "switch off at the socket and switch back on" I get the nice Onkyo logo, and then... nada.
It all worked fine before the firmware update - I haven't changed cables or anything.
I tried installing the same firmware again, but got the same issue.
I tried plugging in another source directly to the TV using the same HDMI cable and that worked (so it's not my HDMI cable).
I tried 2 other brands of HDMI cable I have lying around - neither of those worked between the AVR and the TV
I tried plugging my AppleTV into another HDMI input port, and that still doesn't work.

So it's not the cables, it's not the TV, and it's not my input source (Apple TV).
The Onkyo logo appears at system startup, so it's plugged in correctly.

I'll see if I can find an older version of the firmware (and a USB drive as I don[t have one!!).
Update: no older firmware available. I'll try a factory reset.

So I'm at a loss here: I get no video at all!!
Anyone have any ideas?

Otherwise I'll have to go return it tomorrow.

UPDATE: So I left it off (unplugged) for an hour, and came back to it, and hey presto, it works.
So looks like I have the exact same issue as most other people: intermittent Video Out issues. Not fixed by latest firmware.

Onkyo, give me a steer here: should I return the 515 as faulty and either try another 515, or even a different brand?

・ Name and model of connecting devices using HDMI (game console, Cable/ Satellite box, BD/ DVD player, TV/ Projector, etc): AppleTV
・ Receiver Settings(HDMI THRU was it enabled/ disabled, NET STANDBY: was it also enabled or disabled) : HDMI Through Disabled, Net Standby Disabled.
・ ARC/ HDMI CONTROL (RIHD) enabled? Disabled. How is receiver connected to NETWORK- Ethernet cable or UWF-1: UWF-1
・ How many times it happens out of how many you tried? All the time. How many times needed to unplug receiver?: Happens all the time, have tried unplugging the receiver twice.
・ Current F/W version on receiver: 1130-9106-0300
・ Current Video Resolution (while holding DISPLAY button on front panel of receiver): 1920*1080p/60, ------- for sub

Cheers,
Dourn.

Last edited by DournP on Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Updated with new results)

DournP

Back to top Go down

Post  Lawplace Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:59 pm

I have the tx nr 515

I have the same problems as everyone else,

it`s hooked up to a computer and to a ps3

My main HDMI out from the 515 can take forever or not at all to get a picture out, all resoulutions is affected

But my sub Hdmi out works and i have no problem with that one.

It`s pretty clear that Onkyo know what the problem is by now. And they should fix it, the problem will not go away, and it`s how onkyo handle this that will decide if people will buy more receivers from them.

Right now i`m a little mad and a little drunk

Lawplace

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 11 Empty No HDMI

Post  sterrenberg Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:29 pm

I found my 4 day old NR515 not sending the HDMI video output to my TV yesterday morning. I subsequently found this forum and realised I wrongly blamed the kids for playing with daddy's new toy.

I do hope a fix is imminent - I am really enjoying this machine!

sterrenberg

Back to top Go down

Post  Poechi Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:29 am

I've got the same issues described as the other users.

I'm based in the Netherlands. I bought it, unpacked it, hooked it up, did the recommended firmware updates. Received my HDMI cables yesterday and was excited. Now I could use the full potential of this receiver. Hooked up my HDTV en HD Beamer. Guess what! Smile No video on the MAIN OUT. SUB OUT works.

My main concern right now is if I should return my unit (TX-NR515) tomorrow and get my money back? If I don't, I'm stuck with a receiver that doesn't work as supposed to and not knowing if this issue will be resolved?

Or is it safe to say these issues will be resolved and I'm better of waiting for the update?

I'll do some testing tonight, maybe take a video of it. I'm a bit lost here.

Poechi

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 11 Empty same boat

Post  bjornr Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:19 am

I'm in the same boat as Poechi in the previous post. It does not work, this has to be addressed IMMEDIATELY!

Should we return our Onkyo 515s or not?

bjornr

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:45 am

We are aware of the issue you are currently experiencing and are diligently working to resolve this issue for our many customers afflicted. Please check our Press Release for any updated information regarding the resolution and announcement of any firmware updates for your model receiver.

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bjornr Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:32 pm

What press release?

bjornr

Back to top Go down

Post  Poechi Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:28 pm

I've run some test and my conclusion is as the rest. MAIN OUT will work if you unplug the power and plug it back in. Unfortunately this is not an option for me. I've decided to bring the unit back tomorrow and get my money back.

I'm sure that Onkyo will release working firmware some day. But as of now it's nothing more than a waste of money due to lack of this 'simple' functionality.
I'll go and by a proper HDMI 1x2 splitter to use in conjunction with my old Yamaha. This will yield the same result I was after.

I hope this will be sorted soon for all the other users.

Poechi

Back to top Go down

Post  bjornr Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:48 pm

I'm actually getting really pissed off at this. This thread has been going on for 19 pages now and there is no solution in sight nor any definitive answer from ONKYO. I know my receiver has only been b0rked for a day (since I got it), unlike you other poor souls whom have been living with this SHIT for months, but this is utterly unacceptable.

Why has the 515 unit not been recalled?

Wish I had read up more on it before taking the plunge, it got really nice reviews here in Sweden then it's broken / DOA as we can tell here.

bjornr

Back to top Go down

Post  Lawplace Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:09 pm

Why wont Onkyo tell us anything.. this shit does not take 5 months to figure out,

I think they are avoiding a full call back of all tx-nr515 models. Maybe they should test the reciveres before they sell us this shit.. well at least there will not be a next time. Thank you for nothing Onkyo

Lawplace

Back to top Go down

Post  bjornr Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:35 pm

I need to know pretty soon, other lawss on return here in sweden -- do I send the TX515 back or not? There is no "press release" that explains this, about as cool as you 0.3%.

bjornr

Back to top Go down

Post  riconek Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:22 pm

I just cancelled my order for 515. I am not going to take my chances with it. My old Onkyo receiver 608 blow up few days ago , 4 months after my warranty expired. Onkyo lost another customer
Do you guys have any recommendation what to get?(I want denon , yamaha or pioneer)

riconek

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next