TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture)

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 10 Empty Re: TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture)

Post  OnkyoUSA on Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:31 am

Hi forum users,

Since we have had some complaints on the 7/24/12 firmware update we have taken it down for further investigation. After we've found what the issue or issues are we will repost it.

Thank you,

Forum Moderator.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

View user profile https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 10 Empty Just bought the 515

Post  bhinesley on Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:15 pm

Meanwhile, recent purchasers such as myself are stuck with the broken stock firmware and a blank screen. Would someone please send me the latest update file? My email is my username at gmail.com

bhinesley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 10 Empty Same Issue

Post  den327nj on Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:01 pm

I am an A/V installer and have had the same issue with a TXNR509 and on another job a TXNR609 (losing video to tv). Also just installed a txnr616 in a job and had the problem of the remote not responding to the receiver. After wasting countless hours of my troubleshooting on these units I have since stopped using Onkyo products which I had been using for the past 2 years. I used a Denon AVR1913 today and works beautiful. Not to bash the tech support but with the remote issue I was having with the onkyo txnr616, onkyo's tech support tried to tell me it was the Harmony remote that was causing the onkyo remote to not work. That makes no sense to me. Just got another call this evening from another customer of mine stating the picture is out. Gee, I wonder why...lol another txnr-509. That receiver was just installed a month ago (TXNR509) So now I have to deal with 3 Onkyo receivers that have issues. I had just purchased 2 more new Onkyo's for other jobs but I am running back to return these quick. Unreliable!!

den327nj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 10 Empty professionals

Post  MusicLover on Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:51 pm

I have the headache of being tech support for my own NR616 and 3 similiar units that friend and two family members have. I cannot imagine the horrors of using this batch of Onkyo products for professional installers.

Question to them:

I have had and still do Onkyo products from 10 to 15 years ago, and loved, loved them for their value.

When did Onkyo start having some insane problems? just with this model year products or has it been getting worse and worse the last few years?

MusicLover

View user profile

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 10 Empty Re: TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture)

Post  chatman on Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:58 pm

Dear Onkyo support!

Bought this unit in austria and of course am experiencing the same issue. Just want to let you know that (if you don't already know) user reviews about this unit (and otheres affected) on amazon and other sites are really bad, overall opinion on your 2012 product line is decreasing and simply put you are putting your credibility as a producer of quality AV equipment at stake on this matter!
Get this fixed! Not in a week or two but NOW! You are aware of this problem since end of april. How long do you think we, the customers who pay your wages, are be willing to accept this one in a week put us off policy?

I won't. You'll have 1 week to resolve this issue permanently or yuo'll have another unit returned, another customer who never again will consider buying any kind of Onky eqipment. Thankfully there are lot of other manufacturers who are able to deliver the quality a customer can expect for the money he pays!

Good luck! Evil or Very Mad

chatman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cloneman315 on Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:40 pm

The problem is cheap components and products just like everything else.its a joke electronics are all total garbage these days thanks to the Internet and people wanting nothing but cheap Chinese crap!

Cloneman315

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cloneman315 on Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:17 pm

I have several units out there over ten now that my customers are having problems!thousands of dollars of me paying my techs time and fuel bills as well as very upset customers that I may loose!we are now selling denon and Marantz,I am done beta testing.

Cloneman315

View user profile

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 10 Empty UK NX-TR515 monitor out issues

Post  dazkgoodwin on Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:08 am

Hi all, UK user here (I can't find any UK/EU specific official ONKYO support forum.. is there one?)

I bought a 515 last week and set it up a couple of days ago.. issues already!

Out of the box the hybrid standby function worked (after enabling in the menu), so I could watch my Sat box with the AVR in standby... however after installing 2 (yes 2) firmware updates that the unit kept prompting me to install.. no video or audio in hybrid standby anymore :-(

ONKYO support suggested a reset, but this has not made any difference. Update: I've noticed that it seems to work when TV audio out is also enabled in the same menu, however this results in stereo audio only when the receiver is on (why can't it just pass through audio+video when in standby, and operate normally when not in standby?!!)

Also I'm now experiencing no video (audio only) on main HDMI out following period of standby... the unit is less than a week old, this is unacceptable.

Suggestions anyone? I'm glad I purchased that Richer Sounds 5 year warranty now.. I might need it!!

Otherwise no noticeable issues, I note from other forums that main HDMI fails when the unit is in standby for a long time, I've not found this out yet, but if it happens the ONKYO is going back and I might get a SONY again.. been happy with my old SONY AVR for years.. but no HDMI or net features, hence the upgrade.

dazkgoodwin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 10 Empty STILL NOTHING???

Post  cpmmk1 on Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:12 am

OK SERIOUSLY - ITS BEEN MONTHS.

cpmmk1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 10 Empty Chronological History...

Post  JohnDollin on Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:00 pm

August - Nothing so far but I'm hoping we will see something from Onkyo at the end of the month. Personally, I hope they do soon because I cannot deal with the wife phoning me up at work everyday saying that the kids can't watch TV. I also dropped an email to the national current affairs programme in the UK to highlight our plight, they love to pick up on these stories. My amp is only 2 weeks old so I still have an option to return it.

27 July 2012: Onkyo release yet another f/w update which is pulled shortly after due to concern over its stability

26 June 2012: Onkyo release a second f/w update to correct problem with the HDMI video output no longer working while the “Network Standby” setting is enabled (IT DIDN'T WORK)

18 May 2012: Onkyo release a f/w update to correct problem with the video output not working after long periods of standby and the “Network Standby” setting enabled (IT DIDN'T WORK)

30 Apr 2012: TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) thread is created highlighting the issue

JohnDollin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 10 Empty NO PICTURE

Post  gotagreatdog on Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:14 pm

TX-NR515 WORKED OUT OF THE BOX. I THEN INSTALLED THE FIRMWARE UPDATES. IT WORKED BRIEFLY. TODAY NO PICTURE. I JUST SPENT A WHOLE DAY TRYING TO MAKE THIS THING WORK WITH MY WIFE SCREAMING AT ME WHY DID I BUY SOMETHING THAT DOESN'T WORK.

FIX IT.

gotagreatdog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cloneman315 on Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:43 pm

Try many customers screamIng at you

Cloneman315

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  teryglenn1 on Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:35 pm

Cloneman315 wrote:Try many customers screamIng at you

Feel your pain on this one, thankfully we only sold one of these things.

teryglenn1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 10 Empty TX-NR616 - does anyone know if it has the same problem(s) as the TX-NR515?

Post  hjmm2002 on Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:14 am

I have been following the monitor-out problem for the TX-NR515 and holding off purchase awaiting a fix. I was wondering if the TX-NR616 exhibits the same problems?

thanks

hjmm2002

View user profile

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 10 Empty Firmware Update: Version 1130-9106-0300

Post  JohnDollin on Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:48 am

Well, my amp notified me about this update on Friday and I proceeded to download it with much anticipation. A couple of days have past now with no reported issues. The amp comes out of standby as expected. Fingers crossed. However, one minor thing I did notice is that he power to the rear USB port has been switched off. I used this to power a small USB fan to keep the unit cool but since I applied the update the fan has failed to come on when the amp is switch on.

I'm not breaking out the champagne bottles just yet...lets give it a few more days.

JohnDollin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisNow on Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:59 am

hjmm2002 wrote:I have been following the monitor-out problem for the TX-NR515 and holding off purchase awaiting a fix. I was wondering if the TX-NR616 exhibits the same problems?

thanks

I have 616. There is no difference between them on that issue. Otherwise the unit is awesome + Android app very useful for 2nd and 3 zone. I have my power cord outside- ready to unplug if no picture.
I installed yesterday newest firmware, but in description of that firmware is nothing about 'no video'. I turned on the unit few times and switched inputs and no problem - will see.

ChrisNow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 10 Empty 616 video problem

Post  mgause on Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:42 am

The "no video signal" problem is alive and well. Onkyo seems to have dropped the ball on this one. When can we expect a firmware update on this problem? Unplugging a receiver to reset it is not a solution.

mgause

View user profile

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 10 Empty Firmware Update: Version 1130-9106-0300 (follow up)

Post  JohnDollin on Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:48 pm

Sorry to say that when I arrived home this evening and switched on my amp I experienced the same old issue. I had to unplug the amp to recover. Well done Onkyo, yet again you managed to meet my expectation of being utterly useless. *groan*

JohnDollin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bitsmart Corp on Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:57 pm

I am an integrator and have been experiencing the no remote control and no HDMI video problems. It does not seem to be affecting the 5.1 amps that I've sold, but definitely all of the 7.1 NR515 and NR616 that I've installed. I also just had a customer's 6 month old NR609 burn out for no apparent reason under normal use. We've been selling Onkyo products for 10 years now, but it looks like we will be changing to Denon or Marantz

Bitsmart Corp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 10 Empty Yet another no-video report. Unit is 1 week old.

Post  thecaptain on Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:06 pm

I agree that this is likely due to firmware. Boy am I bummed out - I thought this thing was AWESOME based on quality of hardware, features, remote and front panel design, inputs/outputs, etc. Now - after the most recent firmware update... No video. Not IMMEDIATELY after upgrade, but a few hours to a day approximately. After pulling the plug and repowering video is back, but in low res.

Also, my settings for internet radio favorites do not stick, and whenever in onkyo screens, the display is larger than my TV resolution though both are set to 1080p/direct.

Please, please make a fix for this in software and update ASAP - there are A TON of posts on this issue. 3 in Google SEO Ranking!!! BAD publicity, Onkyo!

MY first Onkyo, hopefully with a fix, my brand loyalty can be kindled.

thecaptain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 10 Empty [b]YET ANOTHER NR515 WITH THE SAME ISSUES! - ONE WEEK OLD![/b]

Post  Hans143 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:46 am

I am living in the Netherlands and bought this also in the Netherlands for 599 euro and have similar issues as "the captain".

1. No Picture when my NR515 wakes up out of CBL/SAT mode (when I wake up in BD/DVD mode no problems untill now...)
2. Internet favorities do not stick!
3. Onkyo screens display is larger then my TV resolution.
4. "HDMI Through" will only give video to my TV ( Philips ) and no audio when NR515 is in STANDBY mode in BD/DVD ,CBL/SAT and PC mode

This is also my first Onkyo and probably also my last if these are not fixed soon! Mad
My wife is complaining why I bought an expensive device that is NOT properly working!

Hans143

View user profile

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 10 Empty New firmware, same problems

Post  gotagreatdog on Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:36 pm

Installed the 1130-9106-0300 update. HDMI through is working so far. But ARC is gone (unless I'm doing something wrong). I'm switching input mode to TVCD before shutting off the receiver as per instructions and I'm using the ARC HDMI connection on my TV. Any comments are welcomed.

gotagreatdog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 10 Empty TV HDMI Control

Post  steverobertsbbc on Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:51 pm

I couldn't get ARC to work for me until I turned in HDMI control in the TV. It might be called something other than 'HDMI control' in the TV menu, as manufacturers have different names (ie VIERA link for Panasonic).

steverobertsbbc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 10 Empty TX-NR616 No video issue

Post  ChrisNow on Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:24 am

I do not know if I'm lucky after update firmware to 1130-9106-0300 (It does not address 'no video' issue), but since update I do not have problem with 'no video' when switching video inputs; before update I had to unplug many times the receiver. However I noticed something new: when I went to Home I could go check firmware and settings, but I did not could go to Network Service and USB- just black screen. Of course I was smart enough after two months experience with the unit that unplug power cable is the solution, and of course after that I could go to Network and USB. Is that some kind of game Onkyo?

Last edited by ChrisNow on Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:12 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : corrected)

ChrisNow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 - Monitor out issues (no picture) - Page 10 Empty Any value in requesting a replacement from Amazon?

Post  jollyred on Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:25 pm

Adding another disappointed/frustrated voice to the thread. I purchased my NR616 last week fully aware of the previous problems but acting under the assumption that the most recent firmware updates had fixed them all. Unfortunately, that does not seem to be the case.

I unboxed my TX-NR616 on Saturday and it worked flawlessly until Monday afternoon, when I experienced my first "no video signal on HDMI out" issue.

I believe I have the latest firmware as I have updated it three times since plugging it in on Saturday.

Firmware Version: 1130-9106-0300

Physically unplugging and re-plugging in the power cord has fixed the problem, thankfully. But I do hope that Onkyo has a long-term solution in the works. Otherwise, this unit will be going back to Amazon.

Do we think this is a hardware or software problem? In other words, has anyone replaced their unit with a new one that did not exhibit this problem? If so, then I'll send it back to Amazon straight away and hope that the replacement does not have the problem. But if it is a firmware issue, then I expect it will happen to all units and there is little point in requesting a replacement.

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions you can provide.

Jollyred (in Santa Clara, CA)

jollyred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum