Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Video drop outs using VHS VCR composite video into STB/DVR input TX-NR616

Go down

Video drop outs using VHS VCR composite video into STB/DVR input TX-NR616 Empty Video drop outs using VHS VCR composite video into STB/DVR input TX-NR616

Post  docporter Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:58 pm

I bought a TX-NR616 eight days ago. I updated the firmware to 0300. Mostly it works well, but I have a problem playing a composite video signal from a SONY VCR using the STB/DVR composite video input. The video periodically drops out for a second or two (does NOT happen when playing directly into the TV through a composite video input), Also, any slight degradation of the video signal, such as when pausing or rewinding, will cause the video to drop out. It appears that it is a problem with the processing chip or software being intolerant of any but the cleanest input signal, something that is not very practical, as video from a VHS VCR is never of the highest quality. Seems to me this should be fixable with a software update.

Last edited by docporter on Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more info)

docporter

Back to top Go down