Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HT-R690 - No video playback through composite video

2 posters

Go down

HT-R690 - No video playback through composite video Empty HT-R690 - No video playback through composite video

Post  vinneyboberino Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:11 pm

Hi,
I have recently purchased an Onkyo AV receiver , model # HT-R690 . I have hooked it up to my older Sony rear projection television through component video output since the television is not equipped with HDMI . I can't get any video playback through the composite outputs of the receiver . I have programmed the 2 component inputs with my satellite box
and DVD player and have the video working on them. However I can't seem to get any video signal through any of the composite video outputs. I have updated the firmware on the receiver with no luck . Any thoughts on what I may be doing wrong ?

Thanks for your help.

Vinny

vinneyboberino

Back to top Go down

HT-R690 - No video playback through composite video Empty Solved

Post  vinneyboberino Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:57 pm

Well , I was able to get my issue resolved today by calling the 1 800 Onkyo product support number. What I found out was that since I was using the component video output to the TV , if you want to run a composite video feed from another source, ( in my case the WII ) you must run a separate composite (RCA) feed to a different video input on the TV from the receiver. Now everything works great. On a side note , I have read numerous online comments about the terrible phone support from Onkyo , but I have nothing but praise for the service. I called early afternoon and did not wait more than 5 minutes for a tech to answer my call. Thanks Onkyo.

Vinny

vinneyboberino

Back to top Go down

HT-R690 - No video playback through composite video Empty Re: HT-R690 - No video playback through composite video

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:16 pm

Hi vinneyboberino,

We are glad we could help and thank you for choosing Onkyo.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

HT-R690 - No video playback through composite video Empty Re: HT-R690 - No video playback through composite video

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down