Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-SR508 Receiver - Composite to HDMI - audio but no video

2 posters

Go down

TX-SR508 Receiver - Composite to HDMI - audio but no video Empty TX-SR508 Receiver - Composite to HDMI - audio but no video

Post  jaydon53 Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:40 pm

I am using an Onkyo TX-SR508 Receiver using HDMI to connect to the TV. Recently my wife wanted to watch a movie that we had on VHS, so I dug out the old VCR and plugged into a composite connection on the rear. I was able to hear the program, but no video came through. As I later learned, this particular receiver does not support 'Transcoding' or whatever that conversion to HDMI is called. My question is this, when viewing specifications for receivers, what term am I looking for to determine if does support component to HDMI video?

jaydon53

Back to top Go down

TX-SR508 Receiver - Composite to HDMI - audio but no video Empty Re: TX-SR508 Receiver - Composite to HDMI - audio but no video

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:55 pm

Hi jaydon53,

The term you are looking for is "video up conversion” this is what allows a receiver to take an analog video connection or component connection and up convert it out through the HDMI connection to your TV.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down