Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NR616 and two HDMI outputs, passthrough

3 posters

Go down

NR616 and two HDMI outputs, passthrough Empty NR616 and two HDMI outputs, passthrough

Post  JoyrexJ9 Wed May 23, 2012 7:24 am

I've just got a TX-NR616 and I'm just getting acquainted with it. I love it by the way!
However I'm curious about the second HDMI out.

What I would like to do is use the second output to pass-through a signal from our DVR/SatelliteTV box to a second TV, while I display the output of my Xbox on the main TV. This is so the wife can watch TV in a second room while I play!

Is this configuration possible with the 616?

JoyrexJ9

Back to top Go down

NR616 and two HDMI outputs, passthrough Empty Re: NR616 and two HDMI outputs, passthrough

Post  etw Wed May 23, 2012 1:54 pm

You would have to enable the "audio TV out" option to get audio to pass through on HDMI (Sub). This will mute any speakers connected to the 616. Unmuting would get you 2 channel PCM audio only. The second HDMI is designed for a projector really. I wish it wasn't the case.

etw

Back to top Go down

NR616 and two HDMI outputs, passthrough Empty Re: NR616 and two HDMI outputs, passthrough

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed May 23, 2012 3:58 pm

Hi etw,

Thank you for your assistance.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down