Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HT-RC360 HDMI out in passthrough. Video but no sound.

5 posters

Go down

HT-RC360 HDMI out in passthrough. Video but no sound. Empty HT-RC360 HDMI out in passthrough. Video but no sound.

Post  DennisFranz Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:50 am

I have reset my receiver twice and changed the default settings to:

Stand By: ON
RHID: ON
SOURCE: SAT (I have DirecTV)

Video source selection works when the RC360 is on and sourcing it changed from SAT, DVD, gaming etc.

I have validated each cable by connecting the TV and SAT receiver direct via HDMI and each cable works. Only when I am using the RC360 in passtrhough is the sound removed.

I am at a loss as to what combinations are needed. I spent 4 hours trying different combinations and powering ON/OFF and validating changes. I think I need a new remote as to wearing out the remote in its usage for this.

DennisFranz

Back to top Go down

HT-RC360 HDMI out in passthrough. Video but no sound. Empty Re: HT-RC360 HDMI out in passthrough. Video but no sound.

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:49 pm

Hi DennisFranz,

What make and model is your TV that you are using and does it have ARC (audio return channel)? This will help me determine what the issues are and how best to correct them.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

HT-RC360 HDMI out in passthrough. Video but no sound. Empty HDMI video no sound

Post  aaleman Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:47 pm

I have the same problem as others. It was working fine for weeks now all of the sudden I have video but no sound on HDMI passthrough. Receiver is ONKYO model HT-RC3690. The video also flicker some times. Tested the signal by connecting the cable box directly to the TV and it works fine. If I turn the receiver on I have audio through the receiver speakers, still not on the TV speakers. Any ideas?

aaleman

Back to top Go down

HT-RC360 HDMI out in passthrough. Video but no sound. Empty Re: HT-RC360 HDMI out in passthrough. Video but no sound.

Post  jsandler Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:07 pm

I have been using the receiver for almost a year with no problems until last week. I am having the same problem, video but no sound.

jsandler

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:37 pm

Hi forum users,

Have you completed the latest firmware update of this model?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jsandler Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:07 pm

OnkyoUSA wrote:Hi forum users,

I downloaded it last night, I will let you know if it worked.

jsandler

Back to top Go down

Post  jsandler Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:09 pm

OnkyoUSA wrote:Hi forum users,

What is the latest firmware version?

jsandler

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:02 pm

Hi jsandler,

The latest version of this firmware is the following:

1121-1300-0010-6104
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jsandler Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:12 pm

I tried to update the firmware but it would not do anything when I was on the update screen (either USB or Network), in fact it just froze. I tried it several times (turning off the power to exit out) until I just unplugged the unit. That allowed me to download the firmware. Once the FW was updated the pass-through worked. So, was it the disconnecting the power or the firmware update?

To all I would try unplugging your receiver first.

jsandler

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:50 pm

Hi jsandler,

Glad this has worked out for you. Also it was the "unplugging" the receiver after the firmware update that did it.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

HT-RC360 HDMI out in passthrough. Video but no sound. Empty Having same HDMI passthrough problem

Post  williemctell Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:49 pm

Passthrough mode has worked for me since I bought the receiver last summer. I'm current on firmware. This morning we turned on the TV with the receiver off and got picture but no sound through the TV speakers. I next tried turning on the receiver in cable/sat mode. Got picture on the TV and sound through the surround sound speakers. When I connected the TV directly to the cable box I got sound and picture through the TV.

I tried resetting the passthrough mode with no luck. It's never worked in auto but worked fine in cable/sat. I'm hoping there's an easy fix.

Thanks

williemctell

Back to top Go down

HT-RC360 HDMI out in passthrough. Video but no sound. Empty By gosh, there was an easy solution

Post  williemctell Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:46 pm

"Passthrough mode has worked for me since I bought the receiver last summer. I'm current on firmware..."

Always willing to try a magical solution when it's low risk, I unplugged the receiver and plugged it back in. The passthrough works again. I'm assuming that this means there's a software problem since "rebooting" relieved it.

williemctell

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:37 pm

Hi williemctell,

It could have been a static build up in the caps in the receiver but there is no way to actually say for sure.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down