2 HDMI outputs - do they both need to be always plugged in?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2 HDMI outputs - do they both need to be always plugged in?

Post  sjaddy on Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:17 pm

Hi all,

I am about to pull the trigger and buy the NR616 but wanted to know something first. One of the reasons I want the 616 is because of the 2 HDMI outputs.

I have a projector but it isn't permanently installed and I was wondering if I can have HDMI 1 out permanently connected to my TV and a cable plugged into HDMI2 that isn't connected to anything until I get my projector out.

I don't want to keep plugging and unplugging a HDMI cable when I use the projector to try and protect the HDMI output connection as long as possible from the back of the receiver.

Will the system still work as expected even though there is a cable plugged into HDMI2 that doesn't go anywhere 90% of the time?

sjaddy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2 HDMI outputs - do they both need to be always plugged in?

Post  OnkyoUSA on Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:41 pm

Yes; you can easily go into the SETUP menu of the receiver and under INPUT/ OUTUT ASSIGN> MONITOR OUT- press the ENTER button. Now under the Monitor Out submenu, toggle thru the options of HDMI MAIN, HDMI SUB, or BOTH. When using BOTH HDMI outputs; you can select BOTH to activate both HDMI OUTPUTS. When NOT using the HDMI SUB, simply change this option to HDMI MAIN (and still keep the HDMI plugged into the HDMI SUB portal) so you will not need to continously remove and reconnect the HDMI cable.

If you have any more questions or concerns , Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation below. We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
Admin

View user profile http://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sjaddy on Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:48 pm

That is brilliant news, many thanks for the fast helpful reply

sjaddy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA on Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:15 pm

No problem. If you need any further assistance; please contact us via phone, email, or via our Onkyo Forum at http://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com/f1-welcome-to-the-onkyo-forum.

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
Admin

View user profile http://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum