Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help With TX-NR5007 Intermittent No Sound Issues Help

2 posters

Go down

Help With TX-NR5007 Intermittent No Sound Issues Help Empty Help With TX-NR5007 Intermittent No Sound Issues Help

Post  FAlmgren Wed May 02, 2012 8:35 pm

I have owned a 5007 reciever since Dec 2009 and have been frustrated with the switching issues and relay problems since I have owned it. I have had some issues with no sound on power up and I have either turned it off or unplugged it to bring it back. Now, it happening much more frequently and I started reading all of the posts for what appears to be a class problem that I was never notified during warranty. I have followed the procedures to pull power, follow reset instructions, and re-program receiver. I am reading that there is issues with the HDMI board causing these issues and in most cases have been fixed by Onkyo. Is Onkyo helping loyal customers since this appears to be a class issue? I am worried that in such a short time I will have to replace a high end receiver. I also have had this unit hooked to a Panamax Power Conditioner so I am confident that this is not a power surge issue. Feedback is welcome to help handle this problem.

FAlmgren

Back to top Go down

Help With TX-NR5007 Intermittent No Sound Issues Help Empty Re: Help With TX-NR5007 Intermittent No Sound Issues Help

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu May 03, 2012 10:48 am

Hi FAlmgren,

We can give you a one time warranty for this issue, all we would need the following information from you in order to process this further:
Keep in mind that it may take up to 5 business days for an response.

Thank you,

Name, address, phone number
Email address (If you have one)
Brief description of the problem
serial number of the unit
along with proof of purchase
faxed to us at 201-934-7823
Or email them at:
parts@us.onkyo.com
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Help With TX-NR5007 Intermittent No Sound Issues Help Empty Onkyo Support for TX-NR5007

Post  FAlmgren Thu May 03, 2012 11:12 am

This post is in response to a reply for my post of No Sound on my TX-NR5007 reciever that is out of warranty. The unit is exhibiting what appears to be a class issue and similar to other owner posts. I have to say that I am very impressed right now with response by Onkyo Support and their customer first approach to wanting to keep loyal customers. They have responded very quickly and are working with me even though the unit is out of warranty. I am in the service business myself and often take action like this and our customers remain loyal to our product line. I have promoted the quality and performance of the Onkyo line to friends and now have proof there is no reason to switch. Great job to the company and support team.

FAlmgren

Back to top Go down

Help With TX-NR5007 Intermittent No Sound Issues Help Empty Re: Help With TX-NR5007 Intermittent No Sound Issues Help

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu May 03, 2012 2:33 pm

Hi FAlmgren,

We appreciate the kudos and thank you for choosing Onkyo.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Help With TX-NR5007 Intermittent No Sound Issues Help Empty Reply on Support

Post  FAlmgren Fri May 25, 2012 12:14 pm

I just received my Onkyo 5007 from ABL Electronics. They replaced the HDMI PCA and tested. They were very professional in repair documentation and fix analysis. They also sent documentation to ensure I knew how to get a hold of them in case the problem was intermittent. I feel confident it is that HDMI as other owners have had same issues with no sound and the HDMI needed to be replaced. The unit was fixed in a week and sent back which I think is great service. I would recommend users to use them as a service provider. My only question is if there is anything to the problem to come back or is this just a first revision of the board and redesign of the circuitry is in the new PCA to prevent it to happen again. I have this unit connected to a Panamax Power conditioner, but it doesn't have any HDMI inputs for protection. Thanks again to Onkyo for taking good care of me and I will continue to push the brand. Only other suggestion is trade up programs for owners.

Great job on customer service and satisfaction :-)

FAlmgren

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri May 25, 2012 2:33 pm

Hi FAlmgren,

Thank you for the accolades, even better news is that we do have a trade in program all you need to do is contact our parts and service department for further assistance, they can be reached at 201-785-2600 option number 4.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Help With TX-NR5007 Intermittent No Sound Issues Help Empty Tx nr5007 No sound Issue Back

Post  FAlmgren Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:16 pm

My no sound issue came back. The repair center just stated It is a bad HDMI replacement card and one on order. Calledabout the trade up and it is for damaged/refurbished products with no new 5009 receivers available. Hopefully second time around will fix my receiver.

All is good now. There was a defective HDMI board that was replaced and it has been replaced again. It has been up a running for a couple of weeks now. Thanks again Onkyo for taking care of a loyal customer. Hopefully the new line of receivers will not have the same HDMI card problems and no sound issues.

Last edited by FAlmgren on Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Posting a reply fix to this)

FAlmgren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down