Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Onkyo TX-NR5007 No Sound

2 posters

Go down

Onkyo TX-NR5007  No Sound Empty Onkyo TX-NR5007 No Sound

Post  jba1001 Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:59 pm

Last May I sent my receiver to ABL because there was no sound when I turned it on. They replaced the HDMI board and upgraded the firmware for the poultry sum of $545. It worked fine until last weekend when the same thing happened again. When it was working correctly I would hear several closely spaced relay clicks, then a pause, and then a final click just before the sound came on. When it quit working there was no final click. Even so, the display lit up and I was able to visually work through the setup menu.

Initially, my inputs consisted of a mixture of formats but I have been using the HDMI inputs exclusively since well before the first failure. My outputs are to a video projector via HDMI and a 7.1 speaker arrangement. I have surge protectors on everything. I've checked all the attached equipment by hooking it up to something else. Everything seems to check okay. HELP!!

jba1001

Back to top Go down

Onkyo TX-NR5007  No Sound Empty Re: Onkyo TX-NR5007 No Sound

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:35 pm

Please contact our Parts & Services Dept at the number listed below during normal business hours Monday-Friday 9am-5pm EST ; or via email at parts@us.onkyo.com. They can be contacted at 201-785-2600, option # 4 for Parts & Services as they can further assist you regarding obtaining a one-time warranty and service agreement to have your receiver repaired. You will need to speak with the Parts & Services department to inquire about either having your receiver serviced since you are not under warranty.

You will also need to submit a copy of your sales receipt via fax (201) 934-7823 or email: parts@us.onkyo.com. Please allow 3-5 business days for further processing of your service ticket/issue and await a response via phone or email. Please contact the department if you do not receive any information after 5 business days from submitting documentation.

Best Regards,

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down