Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Network Ethernet Connection for TX-NR509

2 posters

Go down

Network Ethernet Connection for TX-NR509 Empty Network Ethernet Connection for TX-NR509

Post  hiseancarroll Sat May 05, 2012 2:27 pm

I have a brand new TX-NR509. I purchased an Apple Airport Extreme router. Router is up and running, internet is connected. I plug in the Ethernet cable from a LAN port on the router to the Ethernet port on the back of the receiver and I get no activity. The router has an activity indicator light which indicates when an LAN port is active. It does not light up when I plug into the receiver. I have cross tested the LAN ports and the cables and they all work with other devices.

The instruction manual for the receiver does not clearly explain how to connect the product to a network, rather only describes the system requirements, which all my components meet. Is there additional steps to setup a network connection that are not indicated in the instruction manual?

hiseancarroll

Back to top Go down

Network Ethernet Connection for TX-NR509 Empty Re: Network Ethernet Connection for TX-NR509

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon May 07, 2012 3:14 pm

Hi hiseancarroll,

There are no settings for the network connection other then what's on page 49 of the manual.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Network Ethernet Connection for TX-NR509 Empty Re: Network Ethernet Connection for TX-NR509

Post  hiseancarroll Tue May 08, 2012 11:36 pm

Hi,

So I've re-reviewed page 49. My router's DHCP server is enabled. See attached.

Network Ethernet Connection for TX-NR509 Screen11

The manual says no additional configuration is required. But I don't get any activity.

Please help.

Thank you

hiseancarroll

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed May 09, 2012 3:19 pm

Hi hiseancarroll,

You will need to contact your ISP for router configuration instructions because it sounds like something is blocking it such as a firewall.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down