Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX NR1008 network "connection Error"

2 posters

Go down

TX NR1008 network "connection Error" Empty TX NR1008 network "connection Error"

Post  largen Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:00 pm

Hello,
so i have had my receiver for a while now but i have never tried the network capabilities until today, and i am experiancing epic failure.
the error message im getting reads: "Connection Error. The server connection could not be established or was terminated early. Please try again later"
now this is on ANYTHING i try (im trying to connect to ANY internet radio, even attemtping to start a pandora trial)
i have finaly (took FOREVER) got the receiver to connect and communicate with my Router, It shows the IP i assigned to the receiver in its communication log.
if i "Ping" the receivers IP from my computer it gets communication instantly.

Also I am located in Canada.

I have done TONS of searching for any information but i cant find anything regarding what type of URL is required of the streaming radio station for the receiver to understand.

any help would be GREATLY apreciated,
thanks!
Largen.

largen

Back to top Go down

TX NR1008 network "connection Error" Empty Re: TX NR1008 network "connection Error"

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:52 pm

Hi largen,

On page 64 of the manual under "listening to internet Radio"

Internet Radio URLs in the following formats are supported:
PLS, M3U, and podcast (rss). However, depending on the type
of data or audio format used by the internet radio station,
you may or may not be able to listen some stations.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TX NR1008 network "connection Error" Empty Re: TX NR1008 network "connection Error"

Post  largen Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:33 pm

Hey,
i went over all of it in the manual there, its the trouble of finding out what ones actuallyroadcast in what format.
I have finally got the receiver to connect to the network after MUCH messing around, turns out you may need a degree in computer sciences to figure it out ha ha.
For anyones else who runs into this problem, Log into your Routers webpage (the routers IP in the url bar on your internet program) and make a static IP adress for the reciever and match ALL of the other data to your routers. that seemes to get it to connect.

thanks anywho though.

largen

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:56 pm

Hi largen,

Glad you were able to get this issue resolved.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down