Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX 8050 Network connection dropping

2 posters

Go down

TX 8050 Network connection dropping Empty TX 8050 Network connection dropping

Post  majorspydr Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:14 pm

Recently bought TX 8050. I also have a Russound AMP as Zone 2. A few days after I set up the NET (DSl with ATT with direct connection) the net would drop out. Only a system reset would correct. I decided to leave my router up 24/7 and it seemed to work well for a month. Today it dropped again. I reset the internet connection with no luck. Did a Onkyo re set and the system came right back up after initializing (to the same station I had on last night) Could this be hardware issue? I have the receiver for just 45 days. Are there known software bugs? System re set is not the fix; I hate to have to keep re entering my data.

majorspydr

Back to top Go down

TX 8050 Network connection dropping Empty Re: TX 8050 Network connection dropping

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:39 pm

Hi majorspydr,

There are no known software bugs. Have you done the firmware update on the receiver yet as this may resolve the issue? Please refer to page 48 of the manual for firmware update information and instructions.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TX 8050 Network connection dropping Empty Firmware update completed

Post  majorspydr Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:33 pm

I thought I had done a firmware update last month and it said it was current. I did one again and apparently it did successfully update. The system is working well. I hope this is the fix.
I am really happy with my system to date. I hadn't updated my stereo in years. I had Viet Nam era Sansuisi and Akai equipment. Boy has technology changed!

majorspydr

Back to top Go down

TX 8050 Network connection dropping Empty Re: TX 8050 Network connection dropping

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:58 pm

Hi majorspydr,

Glad we could help. Thank you for choosing Onkyo.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down