Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR708 not responsive, Listening Mode cycled thru display window

3 posters

Go down

TX-NR708 not responsive, Listening Mode cycled thru display window Empty TX-NR708 not responsive, Listening Mode cycled thru display window

Post  lee.ljhuang@gmail.com Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:39 pm

Hi,

Ever since I applied the 3/28/2012 firmware update, my receiver started to show some very weird behavior. After playing for a while, not an hour or 2, the receiver will start cycling thru all its listening modes, and you can see them flash thru the display panel. And worst yet, sometimes the receiver will just stop responding to any remote control command, nor does it respond to any physical front panel button click. I can't even turn it off. The only way I can turn it off is to pull the plug, but as soon as I plug the cord back in, the same problem persists. Usually I have to wait for a couple hours before the receiver will respond again. I googled the problem and found other user has the same problem, as shown in a couple YouTube video, but I can't link them as the forum said I am a new member.

Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated, as this is really render the receiver unusable, as it happens almost every time.

Thanks!
lee

lee.ljhuang@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

TX-NR708 not responsive, Listening Mode cycled thru display window Empty Re: TX-NR708 not responsive, Listening Mode cycled thru display window

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:24 am

Hi Lee,
It sounds as if you are having the issue mentioned in this press release: http://www.onkyousa.com/press_releases.cfm?id=215 Please contact our parts and service department for assistance. 201-785-2600 option 4 or parts@us.onkyo.com We are sorry for the issue you are experiencing. Thank you for chooisng Onkyo.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TX-NR708 not responsive, Listening Mode cycled thru display window Empty Same thing happened to my TX-SR 805

Post  Betolavenere Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:01 pm

I own a TX-SR805 Onkyo receiver that I bought from Amazon.com a couple of years ago. It has functioned perfectly to this day when I turned it on and it started making clicking noises and scrolling through all the listening modes in a continuous loop. I tried switching to another source and realized that all the controls were locked, I pressed almost every button available on the receiver unit and on the remote control and nothing worked. I couldn't even turn the volume up or turn off the unit pressing on the power button. It got stuck on the vcr source where I have a blu-ray connected to a HDMI input and although I can get the video signal to the TV the volume is very low (stuck at 70db and I can't turn it up on the unit's dial or or on the remote control) and the receiver keeps displaying all the sound modes available, from pure audio to the THX and DSP modes. I also tried unplugging the unit from the AC outlet waiting 10 seconds and plugging it again but the problem persisted. I was even unable to reset the receiver by pressing the vcr and the power keys together because the keys simply don't respond. I would like to know if there is anything I could attempt on my own to unlock the receiver or, in the case that it must be serviced, where could I find an authorized service center in Brazil. I live in MaceiĆ³, capital of the state of Alagoas, on the northeast coast of Brazil close to the city of RECIFE. I would really appreciate if you could inform the service center which is closest to where I live. Thank you.

Betolavenere

Back to top Go down

TX-NR708 not responsive, Listening Mode cycled thru display window Empty Re: TX-NR708 not responsive, Listening Mode cycled thru display window

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:36 pm

Hello Betolavenere;

As we have heard NO such issue with your model receiver; please contact your local authorized Onkyo service center for further servicing:

DISAC COMMERCIAL LTD
RUA JOAO DE SOUZA DIAS, 603
SAO PAULO, BR 01397-852
Tel: 55-11-3811-7274

Best Regards;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down