Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX SR608 no sound until listening mode cycled

2 posters

Go down

TX SR608 no sound until listening mode cycled Empty TX SR608 no sound until listening mode cycled

Post  TheDude1 Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:45 am

I've had this receiver for 18 months now & figured I'd finally troubleshoot this issue:
I watch tv episodes through Netflix/Xbox. When one episode ends and another begins, the receiver "clicks off" the sound. It isn't until I cycle the listening mode from (example) All Stereo to Full Mono does the receiver click again & the sound returns. The specific listening mode(s) doesn't matter, only the cycling to the next is what turns the sound back on.
This is merely an inconvenience but I'd love for it to be fixed.

With what little I've found on this forum, I see suggestions to run Audyssey. I've yet to run this calibration, nor do I have or remember a mic included in my original packaging.
If Audyssey is mandatory for troubleshooting, what can I do considering I don't have a mic?

Help appreciated.

TheDude1

Back to top Go down

TX SR608 no sound until listening mode cycled Empty Re: TX SR608 no sound until listening mode cycled

Post  TheDude1 Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:08 pm

Time to clog the Onkyo's support line.

TheDude1

Back to top Go down

TX SR608 no sound until listening mode cycled Empty Re: TX SR608 no sound until listening mode cycled

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:06 pm

Hi TheDude1,

Does this only happen when you are using the Netflix/Xbox or does this happen on other devices as well? If it is only happening on the Netflix/Xbox then it could be how the audio is decoded and sent to the receiver that is causing it.

Thank you,

Forum Moderator.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDude1 Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:57 pm

Yes, this only happens when using Netflix/Xbox. More specifically when trying to watch consecutive episodes of a TV show; When watching the 1st episode in a viewing session the receiver picks up the audio fine, and there is no cutouts during. Only when an episode ends & I try to start the next is when the receiver needs toying with.
My assumption is the receiver must be 'thinking' the audio signal has been lost when an episode ends, though the video is seamless.

TheDude1

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:52 pm

Hi TheDude1,

It is the way the signal is being sent to the receiver that is causing this it is not an issue with the receiver but more of how the signal is broadcast.

Thank you,

Forum Moderator.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down