Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NR609 cannot connect to internet

2 posters

Go down

NR609 cannot connect to internet Empty NR609 cannot connect to internet

Post  kenworbr Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:22 am

Hello,

I just received my refurbished 609 today, as a replacement for my SR606 which had the HDMI board failure. Everything is awesome about the 609 except that I cannot seem to get it to connect so that I can use the internet radio options. If I choose NET, I get the OSD with the multiple internet radio options, but if I choose any of them I get an error that states "cannot connect to server, server may be busy try again later". I have a Linksys wireless router, WRT54G, that I connected directly to my 609 with Ethernet. I know the connection works fine because my XBox and laptop both work just great. I also switched out Ethernet cables (between receiver and xbox) and the xbox still connected but the receiver did not, so I know it is not a bad cable.

Please throw some suggestions at me. Do I need to do a firmware upgrade... that would seem a bit silly to me, as I just received it and opened it earlier today.

A second, and minor question: The THX sound on my 609 is extremely quiet and I have to really pump the volume up high to get much out of it. Is this normal or is there something I haven't figured out yet? I set up the audio today using Audyssey, and my home theater system is the Onkyo HTS-7100 (except of course that the SR606 is now an NR609)

Thank you for your time

-Brian

kenworbr

Back to top Go down

NR609 cannot connect to internet Empty Re: NR609 cannot connect to internet

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:19 am

Hi Brian,
Please make sure you have the latest firmware update. If not, download it and either way please perfrom a factory reset on the unit. Here is our blog post on a reset: http://onkyousacustomersupportblog.wordpress.com/2011/09/12/factory-reset/
Please keep us posted and thank you for contacting Onkyo via our forum.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  kenworbr Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:54 pm

I have done the factory reset and a firmware upgrade. I even skipped the router and directly connected modem to receiver via Ethernet cable, and still no internet connection. I get the same error message.

kenworbr

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:28 pm

Hi kenworbr,

What error message are you getting?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kenworbr Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:04 pm

I called up your product support and spoke with Eric. After a great amount of effort he was able to determine that the web card in my new receiver is bad. So now I have to send it back, then have another replacement sent. I'm a little annoyed that you can't just send me the replacement at the same time I send this one back- you sent me a defective product. I've waited long enough to have a working home theater. Hopefully this is solved once I get the new one next week.

kenworbr

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:26 pm

Hi kenworbr,

I apologize for your experience but we do have follow protocol and our policy. Hopefully the new one will work as desired for you. Please let us know how it works out.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kenworbr Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:56 pm

So I finally got my new nr609 in. I am having a very similar problem that I did with the first one. I can connect to the internet and live stream music (pandora, etc) if I connect ethernet directly to the receiver. If I go from modem to router, then router ethernet hardwired to receiver it will not connect. I have done a firmware update on the new receiver (was already current), the router, reset the router, and reset the modem. I have also disconnected the modem, unplugged anything and everything, but still not able to connect through if I use the router. I am typing right now and therefore hooked to the intent through a wireless connection so I know it is working properly. also, my XBox goes online with no difficulty. Soooooo what do I do next?????

Thank you,

Frustrated and about to give up on Onkyo's supposed networking live streaming receiver.

kenworbr

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:04 pm

Hi kenworbr,

I apologize that you are having this issue with the receiver. In order to assist you further what model router do you have and who is your ISP?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kenworbr Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:03 pm

Router is Linksys WRT54G, ISP is Cox

kenworbr

Back to top Go down

Post  kenworbr Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:17 pm

After contacting Linksys customer support they informed me that they no longer support the WRT54G. I bought a new router, Linksys E2500, which has the entire system working flawlessly!! Thank you for your help. Perhaps this could be a cure for everyone else- time for a new router....

kenworbr

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:39 pm

Hi kenworbr,

Glad you were able to resolve your networking issue and thank you choosing Onkyo.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down