Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No video or audio once I connect PVR to NR609

2 posters

Go down

No video or audio once I connect PVR to NR609 Empty No video or audio once I connect PVR to NR609

Post  milos Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:56 pm

Hi guys,
I just received the NR609 receiver and after plugging in my PVR into it and connecting the receiver to my 6 year old plasma TV I get no audio or video. I can see the onkyo menu on TV while changing to all free inputs but nothing on the one I have PVR connected to.
All connections are HDMI cables but they are most likely not 1.4a. I ordered some 1.4a ones just in case it is that simple.

Radio works and since I can see the Onkyo menu on TV I assume HDMI card is working as well, right? Not sure if it is a faulty receiver or am i not setting it up right.
My old plasma doesn't have RHID.

I have updated to latest firmware.
I have reset to factory setting few times.
When switching to connection my PVR is connected to it starts off as HDMI but then switches to ANALOG.

Will try connecting my PC to it and my monitor tonight to rule out TV and PVR

Any ideas?

Thanks

milos

Back to top Go down

No video or audio once I connect PVR to NR609 Empty Re: No video or audio once I connect PVR to NR609

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:16 am

Hi milos,
We are sorry that you are having issues with your unit. The first thing we like to try when having HDMI Issues is to just have you simple run through our HDMI Checklist: http://onkyousacustomersupportblog.wordpress.com/2011/09/13/the-hdmi-checklist/ You have already performed step number three so please go over the other steps. Keep us posted, thank you for contacting Onkyo via our Forum.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

No video or audio once I connect PVR to NR609 Empty Re: No video or audio once I connect PVR to NR609

Post  milos Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:27 pm

Thanks for the suggestion but I found out what the problem was, will go through it in case it helps someone else in the future.

Onkyo seems to have a shaky "HDMI handshake" - that some people have reported. That led me to start testing the way devices are powered on.

- Turned every device off
- turned onkyo on
- turned my tv on
- turned my PVR on

that seemed to do it. Once HDMI handshake was established everything is going smoothly Smile

milos

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:23 am

Hi milos,
We are glad you were able to solve the issue. Thank you for choosing Onkyo.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down