Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR709 connected to internet via wireless but internet stations won't connect

3 posters

Go down

TX-NR709 connected to internet via wireless but internet stations won't connect Empty TX-NR709 connected to internet via wireless but internet stations won't connect

Post  JGARRETT Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:45 pm

I have the UWF-1 wireless adapter connected and in the status it shows connected and great signal strength. But when I try to connect to any of the internet radio options I receive an error that connection could not be made. I've reset the receiver and started over to no avail.

JGARRETT

Back to top Go down

TX-NR709 connected to internet via wireless but internet stations won't connect Empty Re: TX-NR709 connected to internet via wireless but internet stations won't connect

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:50 pm

Hi JGARRETT,

Do you know if you have any firewalls up on the router that could be causing this issue?

Thank you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TX-NR709 connected to internet via wireless but internet stations won't connect Empty Re: TX-NR709 connected to internet via wireless but internet stations won't connect

Post  JGARRETT Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:02 pm

I do not believe so but I will double check. I have several other devices connecting to the router with no firewall issues, Kindle Fire, Wii, Iphone etc. thank you for your help. J

JGARRETT

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:28 pm

Hi JGARRETT,

Please keep us posted.

Thank you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  scsig1 Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:59 am

I'm having the exact same problem. I actually got it to work for a little bit but now it doesn't work again. I'm open to any and all suggestions

scsig1

Back to top Go down

Post  JGARRETT Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:43 pm

Went through all settings on wireless router and still can not connect to internet radio stations even though wireless status on TX-NR709 shows connected with 60% signal? The error I receive when attempting to connect to Pandora is unable to connect, device turned off or connection stopped. try again later. when connecting to vtuner is just says no information available or close to that? I am also starting to experience issues with receiver changing the audio/video setting for devices as well as a lag-time when changing channels on the Comcast DVR, shows no signal for about 5-10 secs? I have only had the unit set up since 7/15/2012. Thanks for any advise.

JGARRETT

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:19 pm

Hi JGARRETT,

Have you tried to unplug the power from the unit or reset it? To do the reset you need to turn the receiver on, then on the front panel of the receiver press and hold the "VCR/DVR" button while doing that press the "STANDBY/ON" button. You will see the word "Clear" in the display screen and the receiver will go into standby mode. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR AUDIO & VIDEO ASSIGNMENTS ON THE RECEIVER PLUS YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR SPEAKER CONFIGURATIONS, SPEAKER DISTANCE AND ALL LEVEL CALIBRATION SETTINGS. YOU WILL ALSO LOSE ANY PROGRAMMED RADIO STATIONS IN MEMORY. Once the receiver goes into standby mode turn it back on and go thru the setup menu for all custom settings. If none of this works then the unit will need to go to a service center for further evaluation. Authorized service centers can be found on our main page under support.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:20 pm

Hi scsig1,

Have you tried to reboot your router?

Thank you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  scsig1 Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:48 pm

I have rebooted the router several times but I'll try rebooting the router along with unplugging the unit.
Is this a common problem?

scsig1

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:00 pm

Hi scsig1,

This is not a common issue but simply a trouble shooting technique.

Thank you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down