Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Onkyo TX-NR609 HDMI Audio Problem

2 posters

Go down

Onkyo TX-NR609 HDMI Audio Problem Empty Onkyo TX-NR609 HDMI Audio Problem

Post  Ohyeahitsjosh Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:28 pm

I just got the Onkyo TX-NR609 and I'm having some issues. Let me start off by saying I'm not an audiophile by any means. For some strange reason my AVR will not stay on 5.1 Dolby Digital. When I'm watching cable it'll switch over to TV Logic or All Ch Stereo; the same thing happens when I'm on my Xbox. For example, two nights ago I was playing Modern Warfare 3 on my Xbox and I was listening to it in DD 5.1. Last night, for some reason it would not switch over to DD 5.1 no matter what I did. I know for a fact that Modern Warfare 3 allows for DD 5.1. Or last night the audio input kept switching between 2.0 and 5.1. The output kept switching too. I only have 5 speakers but it would keep changing between 5.1 and 7.1. I've not only noticed this on my Xbox but on my cable box as well. I know both are capable of 5.1 and nothing has changed at all.

At this point I'm not sure what to do because I've done the following:

I updated to the latest firmware last night and still have the same issue afterwards. I've set the input source Listening Mode Preset to "Straight Decode" with no results. I've turned HDMI Control to off with no results. I've swapped the HDMI back and forth between different boxes and nothing has changed. I even went so far as to reset the unit and I'm still having no luck.

I don't believe my HDMI cables are bad at all because I've swapped them back and forth. I have a cable box, PS3, and Xbox all hooked up via HDMI and one HDMI going to the TV.

Any help would be appreciated. I don't know if this problem has been answered or not but if it did, I'm sorry for a repost. At this point I'm really really frustrated.

Ohyeahitsjosh

Back to top Go down

Onkyo TX-NR609 HDMI Audio Problem Empty Re: Onkyo TX-NR609 HDMI Audio Problem

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:18 pm

Hi Ohyeahitsjosh.

Does this also happen on your PS3? Also what is your complete setup on this receiver? If you could provide this I will be better able to supply you with a proper answer.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:56 pm

Hi Ohyeahitsjosh,

Please PM me as we need to ask a few more question concerning your issue.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down