Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR609 HDMI problem

2 posters

Go down

TX-NR609 HDMI problem Empty TX-NR609 HDMI problem

Post  jcp Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:12 pm

I have had this receiver for a little over a month and this problem has happened a couple of times. After using the Onkyo dock with my ipod the receiver hangs switching back to the Cab/Sat HDMI channel it has sound but no video. The first time it happened we somehow reset the receiver using our Iphone app the second time I needed the do a reset of the receiver. Why does this happen and how can I avoid this problem?

Last edited by jcp on Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : for clarity)

jcp

Back to top Go down

TX-NR609 HDMI problem Empty Re: TX-NR609 HDMI problem

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:09 pm

Hi jcp,

What Onkyo dock are you using?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jcp Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:20 pm

The dock is a UP-A1 Onkyo and is plugged in the port in the back of the unit. The receiver is running the latest firmware.

Thanks

Last edited by jcp on Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additional info.)

jcp

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:12 pm

Hi jcp,

Have you tried a reset of the unit? To do the reset you need to turn the receiver on, then on the front panel of the receiver press and hold the "VCR/DVR" button while doing that press the "STANDBY/ON" button. You will see the word "Clear" in the display screen and the receiver will go into standby mode. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR AUDIO & VIDEO ASSIGNMENTS ON THE RECEIVER PLUS YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR SPEAKER CONFIGURATIONS, SPEAKER DISTANCE AND ALL LEVEL CALIBRATION SETTINGS. YOU WILL ALSO LOSE ANY PROGRAMMED RADIO STATIONS IN MEMORY. Once the receiver goes into standby mode turn it back on and try the UP-A1 again to see if the problem still exists.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jcp Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:06 pm

Yes I did a factory reset but have not used the Ipod since. I want to know the cause of the HDMI getting confused. Doing factory resets all the time is not a solution when you have to set everything back up again.

jcp

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:23 pm

Hi jcp,

The only way to actually finding out why it gets confused is have a service technician put that on their test equipment. As you know there are thousands of things going on down on that level such as handshakes, EDID information just to name a few. If this issue persists then I would contact one of our authorized service centers, they can be found on our main page under support.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down