Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help with PS3 sound

3 posters

Go down

Help with PS3 sound Empty Help with PS3 sound

Post  Curik Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:29 pm

I have a Sharp TV, hooked up by HDMI to my TX NR 3010. All sound n video works fine, but when I hook up our PS3. With a HDMI cable we get Video, but no sound. I've switched out cables, checked and double checked how the PS3 was hooked up and set to HDMI. Since the the TV is hooked to the Sat input I figured the PS3 sound should come threw that as well. It doesn't, I've even run a optical line from the TV to the receivers game 1 opt input changed all setting on the PS3 an still no sound. I hate to use the factory hook up for the PS3, RCA cable which works fine. Just having a 9.1 system and having to watch movies threw Net-flicks in 2 channel kinda defeats the purpose. Am I missing something Help.....

Oh and hooking the PS3 up directly won't work since the play station is next to our TV, and my gear is 25 feet away out of sight.

Curik

Back to top Go down

Help with PS3 sound Empty Re: Help with PS3 sound

Post  coryryder Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:32 pm

Assuming you have the Slim version...
Do this while playing a movie so you can here the sound kick in.......

Go to "Video Output Settings" (on the PS3). Select HDMI > Automatic next it will give you Audio Output Settings. Again select HDMI > Automatic

Make sure you don't use optical at all. It will only pass 5.1 Dolby digital/DTS and not 9.1 TrueHD/DTS Master Audio which you can only get with HDMI.

If you have the fat version there's a video for that too. Make sure your PS3 is up to date as well.

Here's a video too.

youtubeDOTcom/watch?v=Sa_T3V5xC1E

Hope this helps!

Cory
coryryder
coryryder

Back to top Go down

Post  Curik Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:03 pm

I'm not sure what PS3 we have, it's 4-5 yrs old. I'm going with Fat lol I also believe it's up to date. I'll have to look into what you posted to see if it will work.

Curik

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:05 pm

In regards to your issue- it would possibly be more effective to contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation below. We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue, with you having access to your unit, as prompt as possible. Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (Monday- Sunday 24 hours a day: (800) 229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT). We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down