Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-SR707 No Sound

+3
Christian Ticehurst
cinestoph
ameriband1
7 posters

Go down

TX-SR707  No Sound Empty TX-SR707 No Sound

Post  ameriband1 Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:51 pm

Everything is, and has been hooked up for a couple years now, never moved. I suddenly have no sound in any mode. I,ve checked all wires and connections, everything is hooked up and nothing loose. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Don

ameriband1

Back to top Go down

TX-SR707  No Sound Empty No sound on my 707 as well

Post  cinestoph Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:51 pm

You can add me to the hundreds of people that are having this problem. My unit is about 5 months past warranty and I also have no sound. I have to restart the unit multiple times and can only sometimes and after much frustration - get it to work. This process of turning on and off can sometimes take 15 minutes. I used to love this receiver but Onkyo does not stand by their products and apparently only builds them to last just as long as their warranty. There really should be a recall on this device. I am spreading the word - don't buy Onkyo.

Chris

cinestoph

Back to top Go down

TX-SR707  No Sound Empty Re: TX-SR707 No Sound

Post  Christian Ticehurst Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:07 am

This is unbelievable. A few days ago, about 60 days after my warranty ended, the unit is completely without sound. I've read all about the HDMI card issues, but even my RCA cables do nothing. I've hard reset it twice: the first time I was able to use the unit, but today, even after a hard reset, no luck.

I'm going to have to hook up my still functioning 22 year old Pioneer to listen to music, but I'll no luck with the HDMI and this unit.

The unit has never been moved and sits on top of a table--no heat build up.

How can hundreds of these units simply fail to work weeks after the warranty ends?

Christian Ticehurst

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:46 pm

Hi Christian,

If you are from the USA or Canada then please contact our parts and service department at 201-785-2600 option #4 and see what they can do for you. If you are not from the USA or Canada then please contact your countries representative on this matter.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Christian Ticehurst Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:10 pm

Thank you very much for your quick response! I'm a long time Onkyo user (I even gifted a receiver to my brother for his wedding) so this is quite a disappointment.

I very much appreciate your response.

I will add, that I was at wit's end yesterday as I had planned a movie gathering that evening that I was force to cancel, so please excuse my tone.

Thank you again. Should everything work out, I will post here again for searchable reasons.

Christian Ticehurst

Back to top Go down

Post  Christian Ticehurst Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:20 pm

Just to follow up:

I apologize for the delay. I've been out of town and assumed I'd need my serial # (you don't) to get the ball rolling.

I was helped by Ken, who was gracious and extraordinarily helpful. He offered to extend my warranty due to the defect. I will send my information to parts@us.onkyo.com and should receive info back allowing me to send the unit to Syracuse for repair. Of course, I am responsible for the shipping, but it's certainly cheaper than a new unit!

And let me say, this was all handled quickly. I waited through a busy signal for 15, then hit * and left my contact info. I was contacted within minutes and off the phone after only 5 more.

I've read some things online that lead me to believe that onkyo's customer service was less than stellar: I can say now without compunction that in my situation, it couldn't be further from the truth.

Thank you onkyo!

Christian Ticehurst

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:21 pm

Hi Christian Ticehurst,

Thanks for the kudos.

Forum Moderator.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

TX-SR707  No Sound Empty no sound

Post  malibukarl Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:18 pm

So much to my dismay - I get online tonight to see if anyone else has had this happen and to my surprise - same thing - and UNBELIVABLE to me - they are all seeming to happen within a month of one another - if this was Y2k I would have thought conspiricy!! I have sent the moderator my serial number and hope to hear back soon as to what can be done to repair, or replace this unit.

malibukarl

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:30 am

Hi malibukarl,

I have not received any PM's from you but if you'd like and this is what I would have told you via the PM anyway; Please contact our parts and service department via email or phone and provide the following information to them:
Keep in mind that it may take up to 5 business days for an email response. Parts and service phone number is 201-785-2600 option #4

Thank you,

Name, address, phone number
Email address (If you have one)
Brief description of the problem
serial number of the unit
along with proof of purchase
faxed to us at 201-934-7823
Or email them at:
parts@us.onkyo.com

Thank you,

Forum Moderator.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

TX-SR707  No Sound Empty re Onkyo 707 no sound

Post  malibukarl Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:36 pm

The hold time waiting for a rep is terribly long! I am struggling finding my receipt - but am pretty sure I purshased in late 2010 or early 2011. If I give you the serial number can you check to see when i submitted my warranty information? Serial number 0876DC1991020036 B

Thanks!

malibukarl

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:17 pm

Hi malibukarl,

You will need a copy of the receipt for warranty purposes and the only information I can attain from the serial number is who we sold it to not who or when you made the purchase.

Thank you,

Forum Moderator.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Christian Ticehurst Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:49 pm

Update: I received the unit from Just Audio Repair in Baltimore a few weeks ago. It appears they repaired the unit, but unfortunately I have not been able to test the unit as they lost my remote control. In their defense, I hand-delivered the unit to their office, but I failed to note that the receipt did not mention the remote under "accessories". As such, they did not realize the remote was mine, and unfortunately, cannot find it. Not the end of the world, but a cautionary tale for others. I have ordered a new remote control.

The unit took approximately 5 weeks to fix. I'm very happy that Onkyo took care of the issue despite the fact that it was six weeks past the end of the warranty.

I'm fairly confident the unit will work just fine, but if I have any other issues, I will note them here.

I'd also like to mention that if you're on hold for a considerable amount of time with Onkyo, I recommend taking advantage of their call-back service. They called me back within 15 minutes, although ymmv.

Thanks again Onkyo. I'm very happy that everything seemed to work out well.

Christian Ticehurst

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:18 pm

Glad to read this has been resolved by our regional service center. If you have any more questions or concerns , Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (Monday - Sunday 24 hours a day: (800) 229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT). We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

TX-SR707  No Sound Empty No sound issue

Post  nsg28 Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:38 am

I am having a similar sound issue with my Onkyo reciever. Turning it off and on again a few times solves the problem sometimes. I bought the receiver in 2010. What is the best way to correct the issue. Thanks.

nsg28

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:58 pm

nsg28 wrote:I am having a similar sound issue with my Onkyo reciever. Turning it off and on again a few times solves the problem sometimes. I bought the receiver in 2010. What is the best way to correct the issue. Thanks.

Please contact our Parts & Services Dept at the number listed below during normal business hours Monday-Friday 9am-5pm EST ; or via email at parts@us.onkyo.com. They can be contacted at 201-785-2600, option # 4 for Parts & Services as they can further assist you regarding obtaining a one-time warranty and service agreement to have your receiver repaired. You will need to speak with the Parts & Services department to inquire about either having your receiver serviced since you are not under warranty. Please include the serial number of your unit and copy of sales receipt as well in your response. You will also need to submit a copy of your sales receipt via fax (201) 934-7823 or email: parts@us.onkyo.com. Please allow 3-5 business days for further processing of your service ticket and to contact the service center and await a response via phone or email. Please contact the department if you do not receive any information after 5 business days from submitting documentation.

Best Regards;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

TX-SR707  No Sound Empty myTX-SR707 sound also failed at 30 months ownership

Post  jbhines1 Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:35 pm

I just came across this thread in the last nine days. This is the most information that I've gotten about these units yet. I bought my unit at Best Buy on December 24, 2009. I took it back to Best Buy six months ago. The techs did not know anything about the defects I read about on Amazon. No help there. I"ve been buying onkyo over 20 years. Had a similar issue with an earlier model within the 1st 3 yrs but just thought it was a fluke and upgraded to the 707. It was great while it worked! Can't afford to keep buying bad product though, this may be my last Onkyo if I don't get some help from manufacturer.
I am going to try the suggestions on this site to see if Onkyo will stand behind their product in a meaningful way. More to report later.

jbhines1

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:40 pm

jbhines1 wrote:I just came across this thread in the last nine days. This is the most information that I've gotten about these units yet. I bought my unit at Best Buy on December 24, 2009. I took it back to Best Buy six months ago. The techs did not know anything about the defects I read about on Amazon. No help there. I"ve been buying onkyo over 20 years. Had a similar issue with an earlier model within the 1st 3 yrs but just thought it was a fluke and upgraded to the 707. It was great while it worked! Can't afford to keep buying bad product though, this may be my last Onkyo if I don't get some help from manufacturer.
I am going to try the suggestions on this site to see if Onkyo will stand behind their product in a meaningful way. More to report later.

Hello jbhines;

Please contact our Parts & Services Dept. at the number listed below during normal business hours Monday-Friday 9am-5pm EST ; or via email at parts@us.onkyo.com. They can be contacted at 201-785-2600, option # 4 for Parts & Services as they can further assist you regarding the possibility of obtaining a one-time warranty and service agreement to have your receiver repaired or possible trade-in option. You will need to speak with the Parts & Services department to inquire about either having your receiver serviced since you are not under warranty. Please include the serial number of your unit and copy of sales receipt as well in your response. Please also complete the CUSTOMER STATEMENT form and submit back to our Parts & Services department and to the service center you will be instructed to have documentation of the issue(s) you are experiencing for servicing.

You will also need to submit a copy of your sales receipt via fax (201) 934-7823 or email: parts@us.onkyo.com. Please allow 3-5 business days for further processing of your service ticket and to contact the service center and await a response via phone or email. Please contact the department if you do not receive any information after 5 business days from submitting documentation.

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down