Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have audio but no video signal on TX-NR609

4 posters

Go down

Have audio but no video signal on TX-NR609 Empty Have audio but no video signal on TX-NR609

Post  dmorris395 Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:16 am

Hello

I'm stumped. Earlier tonight, I hooked up a turntable to my TX-NR609 using analog stereo (red and white) cables. Later, when I tried to watch TV, I noticed that all of my video sources (DVR, XBOX, Apple TV) showed a black screen with the audio coming through. The black screen tells me that something is coming through, otherwise I would be getting a blue screen. All of the sources are HDMI. I've checked my connections and have turned the receiver off and on. The Onkyo title screen appears at start up along with the on screen menus, but no picture. I don't know if I inadvertently changed something while trying to get my new turntable to work. The input on the TV is correct also.

I would appreciate any assistance

Thank you

dmorris395

Back to top Go down

Have audio but no video signal on TX-NR609 Empty Re: Have audio but no video signal on TX-NR609

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:23 am

Please call our Product Support Department at 800-229-1687 they are here from 9am to 8pm Monday to Friday and Sat. and Sun. from 10am to 4pm eastern std. time. Please make sure you have the units serial number handy.

Thanks,

Forum Modarator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Have audio but no video signal on TX-NR609 Empty HT-S7409

Post  holococos Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:16 pm

After 2 months using the receiver TX-NR609, that came with the HT-S7409 hometheater today when I turned it on the same thing happened: no video, with black screen, but audio is working...

holococos

Back to top Go down

Have audio but no video signal on TX-NR609 Empty Re: Have audio but no video signal on TX-NR609

Post  Kryptonian Warrior Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:17 am

dmorris395 wrote:Hello

I'm stumped. Earlier tonight, I hooked up a turntable to my TX-NR609 using analog stereo (red and white) cables. Later, when I tried to watch TV, I noticed that all of my video sources (DVR, XBOX, Apple TV) showed a black screen with the audio coming through. The black screen tells me that something is coming through, otherwise I would be getting a blue screen. All of the sources are HDMI. I've checked my connections and have turned the receiver off and on. The Onkyo title screen appears at start up along with the on screen menus, but no picture. I don't know if I inadvertently changed something while trying to get my new turntable to work. The input on the TV is correct also.

I would appreciate any assistance

Thank you

Hello,

I have had that happen to me and I would suggest that you unplug your receiver for about 5 minutes, plug it back in and hopefully that will take care of your problem. Try that and let me know if that does the trick.

Kryptonian Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:58 pm

If you are still experiencing the same issue(s), Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation below. We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

Best Regards;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down