Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HT-R590 - No Signal(audio/video), but radio tuner works fine

2 posters

Go down

HT-R590 - No Signal(audio/video), but radio tuner works fine Empty HT-R590 - No Signal(audio/video), but radio tuner works fine

Post  albjac66 Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:47 pm

Hello,
I currently own a HT-R590 Receiver that is not outputting any signal, but the radio tuner works fine. It is not even giving me the blue screen, as if you are changing from the cable/sat to gaming and one of the devises isn't turned on yet. I have tried a different HDMI cable for the hdmi output and to different hdmi inputs on my TV. Whenever I turn off the receiver or unplug the hdmi output cable it gives me a "check signal cable" message. I have tried a factory reset. I have tried unplugging everything and plugging it all back in.... running out of ideas.

Everything was working fine just last night and now today it is not working. Any ideas?

albjac66

Back to top Go down

HT-R590 - No Signal(audio/video), but radio tuner works fine Empty Re: HT-R590 - No Signal(audio/video), but radio tuner works fine

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:53 pm

Hi albjac66,

When you press the setup button are you able to see the on screen setup menu on your TV?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

HT-R590 - No Signal(audio/video), but radio tuner works fine Empty HT-R590 - No Signal(audio/video), but radio tuner works fine

Post  albjac66 Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:05 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. However, when I press the setup button on the remote, there is no on screen menu that appears. I can see the menu lists on the receiver.

I have also tried to hook my PS3 right to my TV and it worked and also the cable box. So I have eliminated that it might be the TV.

albjac66

Back to top Go down

HT-R590 - No Signal(audio/video), but radio tuner works fine Empty Re: HT-R590 - No Signal(audio/video), but radio tuner works fine

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:21 pm

Hi albjac66,

When did you purchase the unit?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  albjac66 Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:25 pm

It was bought in November/December of 2011. It was part of the Onkyo HT-S5400 7.1-Channel Home Theater System.

albjac66

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:32 pm

Hi albjac66,

The reason I asked is that some of our dealers have a 30 day exchange period. In your case I suggest either taking or sending the unit to one of our authorized service centers. Keep in mind that this only goes for receivers purchased in the USA or Canada. If you are in another country then please contact your countries service location.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  albjac66 Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:36 pm

Ok. I will look into it. Thank you.

albjac66

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:38 pm

Hi albjac66,

You are welcome.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down