Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR609 - manual audio/video source?

3 posters

Go down

TX-NR609 - manual audio/video source? Empty TX-NR609 - manual audio/video source?

Post  tjkcc Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:39 am

Hello
I might be asking a dumb questions since I'm new to the subject - forgive me)

My setup is simple - pc and game connected to HDMI IN, TV is connected to HDMI OUT. The HDMI control is on and both the remotes can control TV.

1. When I am in PC or GAME mode and I switch to TV via onkyo's remote it gives me TV/VCR mode but with the blank screen, since the TV stays in HDMI mode. So I have to either press INPUT on onkyo's remote or use the TV's remote to change the source from HDMI to regular TV. Can this be done automatically somehow?

2. When having many devices connected I sometimes need to have audio from one source and video from another. Say.. i'm in GAME mode and i want the picture to stay, but I want audio playing from PC. Can this be done?
There is a workaround, of couse.. I will need to plug all HDMI devices to TV, but this is less comfortable and my TV does not support audio return, so audio outputs via optical cable which is worse than HDMI connection (i guess).

tjkcc

Back to top Go down

TX-NR609 - manual audio/video source? Empty Re: TX-NR609 - manual audio/video source?

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:14 pm

Hi tjkcc,

You will need to turn off the HDMI control function in the receiver in order for it not to jump back to TV/CD which is the input the receiver automatically jumps to when it gets the request from the TV.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TX-NR609 - manual audio/video source? Empty Re: TX-NR609 - manual audio/video source?

Post  vangelis Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:39 pm

I guess you missed the 2nd questions!!

Can you please assist in answering this questions?

2. When having many devices connected I sometimes need to have audio from one source and video from another. Say.. i'm in GAME mode and i want the picture to stay, but I want audio playing from PC. Can this be done?

vangelis

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:52 pm

Hi vangelis,

I apologize. The only input you can use for this is the TV/CD input. In other words anything with a video source associated with it will not work.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  vangelis Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:05 pm

Wow, that is very disappointing!! I had another brand 5 years ago and was very basic model and was able to switch any video source with any other audio source! This is a main feature of any Audio/ Video receiver!!!!

Again, how can I do this step by step if I still wanna try on CD source plz?

vangelis

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:15 pm

Hi vangelis,

Simply connect your CD player to the TV/CD analog input on the back of the receiver, make sure that it is set to analog or all "---" for audio and then while listening to that just switch it to another input and it should work without incidence.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down