Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR609: No Audio or Video!!

2 posters

Go down

TX-NR609: No Audio or Video!! Empty TX-NR609: No Audio or Video!!

Post  ArcherMP Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:21 am

I am having problems with the TX-NR609.

The On Screen Display is working and I can see it on the TV.
No audio output at all in any configuration tested, from attach components.
None of the back input HDMI ports seem to be working. I have tested multiple HDMI cables (none of the cables are over 6 feet).
However the AUX port on the front DOES work (video only) with each of the cables (with my PS3).
Factory reset and tried again did not work.
Bypassed the video processor and still did not work.
When I have the PS3 powered on, and then I enable RIHD, the TX-NR609 will list "PLAYSTATION" on the front panel, but will then revert to the "ANALOG" identifier next to it.
When I press the display button it lists the correct HD display resolution for the PS3, but also says "UNKNOWN".
Attempted to re-install the FW but of course I was told no because I have the latest available.
When I power off & or unplug the TX-NR609, after I turn it back on it attempts to receive the HDMI/Digital signal. You can hear a click or two and then reverts to ANALOG.
Currently I have FW 1141-1600-0010-8106.

TV is a LG PK750. It has HDMI controller called SIMPLINK which I have enabled and disabled while testing.
PS3
H24 (DirecTV)

ArcherMP

Back to top Go down

TX-NR609: No Audio or Video!! Empty Re: TX-NR609: No Audio or Video!!

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:51 pm

In regards to your issue- it would possibly be more effective to contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation below. We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue, with you having access to your unit, as prompt as possible. How long have you owned this product? Do you have the original dated sales receipt? As the manufacturer's warranty is valid for 2 years from the original date of purchase; how long has this issue been occurring?

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ArcherMP Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:02 am

I do have the original sales receipt. Purchased in the first week of September, 2011.

After many hours of troubleshooting I have taken the receiver to a local authorized service center. I was told within minutes that the HDMI board was fried and would be returned to Onkyo.

The months of waiting starts...

Thanks for the response.

ArcherMP

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down