Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR609 HDMI Out signal loss/audio drop after upgrade

3 posters

Go down

TX-NR609 HDMI Out signal loss/audio drop after upgrade Empty TX-NR609 HDMI Out signal loss/audio drop after upgrade

Post  Darslid Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:34 pm

Since the latest software upgrade with the TX-NR609 I am no longer able to get audio and video passed through HDMI from my setup. My setup includes direct tv and blu-ray into the onkyo and the onkyo hdmi out to a powered HDMI splitter. All TVs will just have video with no audio. I do get audio via speakers connected to onkyo however, that doesn't help my setup as I need audio via HDMI (I just use this for speakers around the house not for main tv viewing). The onkyo doesn't appear to be sending the audio over the HDMI. This setup has been working previously and no configuration changes have been made. I generally have ARC on auto and have manually attempted to pass audio to tv speakers (via hdmi) but this doesn't help.

I have verified it isn't an issue with the splitter as I now have my Direct TV to my splitter (skipping the onkyo) the outputs go to the different TVs and I get audio and video.

Is this a known issue or any idea on what can be done to fix it?

Darslid

Back to top Go down

TX-NR609 HDMI Out signal loss/audio drop after upgrade Empty Re: TX-NR609 HDMI Out signal loss/audio drop after upgrade

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:46 pm

In regards to your issue- it would possibly be more effective to contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation below. We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue, with you having access to your unit, as prompt as possible. Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (Monday- Sunday 24 hours a day: (800) 229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT). We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TX-NR609 HDMI Out signal loss/audio drop after upgrade Empty Re: TX-NR609 HDMI Out signal loss/audio drop after upgrade

Post  jpecca Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:33 am

I have the same issue after a warranty repair. I have stopped using the 609 completely it is a piece of trash. I just want to watch TV and I spend all my time trouble shooting a terrible product. It's not worth it.

jpecca

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:51 pm

Just following up with your mssg jpecca; as the Parts & Services representation explained that the email sent was mistakenly typed in error and was able to search for it in the TRASH folder. He stated he will be sending some correspondence to you and wanted to follow up.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down