Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*Authorized Dealer* TX-NR807 No Sound, No Network

4 posters

Go down

*Authorized Dealer* TX-NR807 No Sound, No Network Empty *Authorized Dealer* TX-NR807 No Sound, No Network

Post  Onekon Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:17 pm

I am very disappointed in Onkyo. I am an authorized dealer for onkyo through a distributor and I have been bombarded with cutomers calling in regards to their receivers not having sound nor network connection.

As a dealer I would never come to a manufacturers forums to trash talk, however this is no way to treat your customers and especially your dealers. My company and more importantly my name, is on the line everytime I sell a product wether its Onkyo or otherwise. I can't believe that Onkyo, being a major player in the audio market would not admit fault and repair receivers that are obviously defective and should have be recalled for repair ( free of charge to the clients having problems).

In the past I would highly recommend Onkyo to all my customers. I would always stress how reliable and superior Onkyo was (I stress WAS) in regards to audio quality and the likes. This has since changed, I am now an authorized dealer for the entire Elite line of Pioneer receivers, even though Pioneer also have their faults, they do what a professional company would do...admit fault and take the proper measures to satify the client and dealer.

I understand that electronics can and will have problems, no one or company is perfect. However until Onkyo corrects things I can no longer sell their products and I stress all of you to not blame your dealers and instead look elsewhere for your audio gear.

This is a tough economy and to survive in this though economy you need to be ahead of the curve in customer satisfaction.

Onkyo used to be the best, I don't know what happened. First we dealt with faulty HDMI boards and now this.

All I can say is look elsewhere, Denon, Yamaha, Rotel, Pioneer all have great receiver at the same power and price point of their comparative Onkyo models with relatively low problems (usually).

You've earnered your money with hard work and sweat, don't just throw it away.

Until Onkyo takes care of its current customers it should not be entitled to any new customers.

God bless,
Onekon

Onekon

Back to top Go down

*Authorized Dealer* TX-NR807 No Sound, No Network Empty Re: *Authorized Dealer* TX-NR807 No Sound, No Network

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:26 pm

Please have your customers contact our Parts & Services Dept at the number listed below during normal business hours Monday-Friday 9am-5pm EST ; or via email at parts@us.onkyo.com. They can be contacted at 201-785-2600, option # 4 for Parts & Services as they can further assist you regarding obtaining a one-time warranty and service agreement to have your receiver repaired. You will need to speak with the Parts & Services department to inquire about either having your receiver serviced since you are not under warranty. Please include the serial number of your unit and copy of sales receipt as well in your response. You will need to submit a copy of your sales receipt via fax (201) 934-7823 or email: parts@us.onkyo.com. Please allow 3-5 business days for further processing of your service ticket and to contact the service center and await a response via phone or email. Please contact the department if you do not receive any information after 5 business days from submitting documentation. Weare working with customers afflicted with this issue on a case-by-case basis; as not all manufactured receivers do not show the mentioned issue.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

*Authorized Dealer* TX-NR807 No Sound, No Network Empty Same old same old

Post  msaulters Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:23 pm

Onkyo, your canned reply to this sincere message from an authorized dealer is an example of EXACTLY why people are posting things like this in the first place.

I went through the same process, checked the website, called the number, was told to email, sent an email, never got a response... still no fix for my receiver.

I want to give you an FYI... I went into Fry's a couple of weeks ago with a friend who was looking for a receiver. When asked for a recommendation, the first words out of the sales guy's mouth were "Anything but Onkyo." Is that what you want people to hear about your products?

Someone else posted in this forum that it took them 4 phone calls waiting 30 minutes each in addition to emails before they could get recognition and service for their receiver, which has now been out of commission for 6 months. Is ANY of this information getting passed upstream to people capable of making management/business decisions before your brand name becomes a complete joke?

How tough can it be to address this? Issue a recall, provide an EASY and standard procedure for customers to get repairs.

msaulters

Back to top Go down

*Authorized Dealer* TX-NR807 No Sound, No Network Empty Re: *Authorized Dealer* TX-NR807 No Sound, No Network

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:28 pm

We are assisting customer afflicted with this issue promptly. We are asking for this information so we can further process your issue and resolve promptly. Authorized dealers can contact their distributor for RMA resolution. Customers can simply send thier issue to either the Parts & Services email or via the Onkyo admin email; as we are now expediting these issues and resolving them promptly. We are handling these issues on a case by case basis; as remarkably- not all manufactured model units are experiencing this issue. If you are unfortunately experiencing this issue, we ask you to provide a copy of your sales receipt and document your issue so we can work to resolve this issue.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

*Authorized Dealer* TX-NR807 No Sound, No Network Empty Dare I say... Class Action?

Post  Texson Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:09 pm

This issue is begging for a class action lawsuit. I will try the process the Moderator suggests...'hope it works quickly as I have TWO units out of warranty (TX-NR3007 and TX-SR707) with this same problem (lost sound and network within a week of each other). When I took them into the Onkyo authorized repair shop, the tech told me that it was due to a bad SW update that burns out the board that controls sound. A SW update has since been released that fixes the problem from recurring (after you replace the board). The average cost of the repair is $425 (parts and labor). I find it very disappointing that Onkyo has not taken more aggressive action to contact those that have registered the models impacted by this SW error. Onkyo, either you can try to sweep this under the rug and ruin your (formerly solid) reputation or you can do the right thing by your loyal customers (again, I have two Onkyo units) and keep them forever. I assure you that your customers that proactively learn of your error and aggreement to make swift repairs at your cost will forever be impressed by your willingness to stand behind your brand/products; it will also make an impression on those customers that have units that go out, don't know to contact Parts and Service to ask for a one-time extended warranty and never buy your brand again (and tell all of their friends about their negative experience).

I urge you to authorize these repairs swiftly.

Texson

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:19 pm

Have you already submitted your service request for your affected receiver, as this issue doesn't affect ALL manufactured models. For those affected with this issue; we are proactively servicing these issues promptly. If you haven't already provided the needed information and documentation; please send your requests to the following email address: onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com and we will further review your issue(s).

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down