Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[TX-NR1007] No sound and no network

3 posters

Go down

[TX-NR1007] No sound and no network Empty [TX-NR1007] No sound and no network

Post  llamas Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:46 pm

TX-NR1007
Latest firmware
Reset to factory defaults

Ever since I got my TX-NR1007, it would occasionally (between once a month to once every couple of months) stop producing sound. When this happens, all of the indicators on the panel look good, but no sound from any source (including tuner) to any output (speakers, headphones, or preouts). Unplugging it from the wall and plugging it back in was the only way to get things working again. Until now. In the last month, the frequency of the issue has increased to the point where the bad state is the standard, and it takes 15 or more minutes of power cycling to get it to work. Some of these times, just switching to and from standby worked. It appears to be pretty much the same as this issue. The linked issue was blamed on the HDMI board, but before I jump on that as the source of my issue...

Yesterday, when searching for information on this issue, I found a reference to a relationship with the network functionality in the release notes for a firmware update:

Stabilizes operation immediately after power is turned on (thereby avoiding problems of no sound output after the A/V receiver has been in Standby mode for an extended time with network control enabled)

I've had this update and the update that followed (the latest) for a while now, and I've been experiencing the issue with network control disabled. Enter the network issue...

The receiver is also not showing up on the network consistently. The network switch indicator lights for the associated port show a connection, but I can't ping the receiver and the network item in the receiver's setup menu is greyed out. When I get audio working, the receiver becomes visible on the network and the menu item becomes selectable after a delay of tens of seconds or a few minutes. The only entries in my router's logs for the receiver's IP address show it obtaining/renewing it's DHCP lease around this time. It shows the same activity on the previous day when I had to spend a while getting sound back. I only noticed this yesterday, so I can't say how much this seems to align with the sound issue.

To add to the frustrations obvious in the situation, this problem--which is not new--only increased in frequency from occasional nuisance to constantly unusable two weeks after the warranty expired. This fact is a reminder that I would have returned the unit when the no-sound issue first popped up (within a day or two of plugging the receiver in), except I hadn't had the time to unbox it within the store's return period.

Thanks,

--Mike

llamas

Back to top Go down

[TX-NR1007] No sound and no network Empty Re: [TX-NR1007] No sound and no network

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:19 pm

Hi Mike,
I would just like to run this by an associate and I will get back to you ASAP, thank you for your patience.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

[TX-NR1007] No sound and no network Empty Re: [TX-NR1007] No sound and no network

Post  llamas Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:54 pm

A few more related or semi-related items:

I would guess that the delay in network availability (visibility on the network and enabling of the setup menu selection) were due to the time taken to acquire an IP address. I'm not sure that this has anything to do with the reason for the lack of network availability in the no-audio/no-network state.

I started experimenting with network control, last night.

I was able to start from a state with everything working, enable network control, switch the receiver to stand-by, return from stand-by to a good state, and debug my eiscp implementation (using PWRQSTN, so no change in state via network control) while using my Xbox 360 through the receiver. When I manually switched the receiver to stand-by, it immediately disappeared from the network. Bringing it out of stand-by (in the morning) did not restore it to the network (I did not check audio at this point), but a plug/un-plug cycle did. Should it disappear from the network at all? I ask both because the timing may help pinpoint a root cause, and because it would make the use of network control to bring the receiver out of stand-by somewhat difficult.

Thanks again,

--Mike

llamas

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:14 pm

Thank you Mike, we will get back to you soon.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:41 pm

Hi Mike,

We are still looking into this for you. Thank you for your patience.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  llamas Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:16 pm

No problem. For right now, I'm just not putting it into stand-by.

llamas

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:13 pm

Hi forum users,

I am still looking into this issue and will have an update shortly. Thank you for your patience.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:37 pm

Hi Mike

You have a 45 day grace period on this product as if sounds like it will need to go in for service to have them do further evaluations on it. Please go to our main page and click on support.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  llamas Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:33 pm

OnkyoUSA wrote:You have a 45 day grace period on this product

Please clarify what you mean by this grace period. Is that 45 days from purchase, or 45 days from your post?

My workaround of just leaving it on has worked for the most part, but it still loses audio almost every time I start a video from Netflix (and at least one other Video app) on my Xbox 360. It happens at the point that the audio encoding changes. The stand-by/on cycle has been bringing it back pretty consistently, though.

Thanks,

--Mike

llamas

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:08 pm

Hi Mike,

To clarify the 45 day grace period is after your warranty runs out. It certainly sounds like this is in need of further evaluation from a service center though. Are you within the 45 day grace period?
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  llamas Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:54 pm

My grace period expired about a week or two before I started this thread.

llamas

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:06 pm

Hi llamas,

Please PM me with your information such as name address phone number etc... And if possible your email address and we will see what we can for you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

[TX-NR1007] No sound and no network Empty TX-NR807 - No Sound No Network No firmware issue.

Post  coolshyguy Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:25 am

I'm facing the similar issue of no network no sound.. Is this something that is documented already ? I believe this is identified problem and onkyo is not doing anything to address this issue.

Regards,
Sachin

coolshyguy

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:18 am

Hi Sachin,
Please contact our parts and service center for assistance. All the information can be found in the original thread you posted in. Again, we understand your frustration and we are sorry for the issue.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down