Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR807 - No Sound No Network No firmware

2 posters

Go down

TX-NR807 - No Sound No Network No firmware Empty TX-NR807 - No Sound No Network No firmware

Post  coolshyguy Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:38 am

I have been experiencing this issue of no sound, no network and no firmware update for TX-NR807 receiver. This receiver worked great for 2 years but I started experiencing this no sound issue recently about 2 months ago. I had initially ignored the issue but now this is getting worse no sound for hours. When the unit is powered up there is no audio. This happens in all configurations. TV with HDMI, BluRay or DVD player, the built in Tuner and no audio gets passed through to the TV. When this first happened I spent a couple of hours going through the menus to make sure I hadn't accidentally set something different. Finally I tried resetting the unit and after several tries I had audio.

I have no idea on how to resolve the issue. My receiver is out of warranty by 2 months.. (bought it in Jan 2010).. I'm not sure on how to get it to work. I read many forums but I think this is a product issue and there should be official recall for TX-NR807 product. As discussed in many forums if there is a faulty HDMI board this can also result in fire or explosion.

Regards,
Sachin

coolshyguy

Back to top Go down

TX-NR807 - No Sound No Network No firmware Empty Re: TX-NR807 - No Sound No Network No firmware

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:13 am

Hi Sachin,
We just responded to your question in the other thread. Again, we are sorry that you are experiencing this issue. Thanks again for your patience.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

TX-NR807 - No Sound No Network No firmware Empty TX-NR807 no sound no network

Post  coolshyguy Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:31 pm

Thanks for contacting me. I will contact parts & labour and will update this thread.

Sachin

coolshyguy

Back to top Go down

TX-NR807 - No Sound No Network No firmware Empty Re: TX-NR807 - No Sound No Network No firmware

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:02 pm

Great, thank you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

TX-NR807 - No Sound No Network No firmware Empty TX-NR807 - No Sound No Network No firmware

Post  coolshyguy Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:48 pm

Here is an update after spending 5 months with Onkyo support, Service center and numerous visits to their location.

As directed by Onkyo here.. (april) I contacted support.. did all the paperwork and they authorized me to get the unit repaired.(time taken to get response back with paperwork 15 days) I dropped the unit off to the service center which is around 50 miles from my place.. (in May) Service center in Calgary took 2 weeks to inspect the unit and called me to pick it up. (end of May) After the repair the unit worked for 15 days and died again with the same issue. (mid June)

I contacted the Onkyo parts and informed them of this same issue and they directed me back to Service Center and said to deal with them directly. I contacted the service center again and informed them of this issue.. they asked me to drop the receiver to them (July).. and took over 3 weeks to repair the unit. After my 4 visit and over 10 phone calls.. I picked up the unit in end of July.. my TX-NR807 unit worked for 15 days and died again.. After the 2 incidents... I have replaced all my speakers and subwoofer.. but the problem is definitely with the Onkyo Receiver.

This is really POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE and with exceptionally poor product and I had spent over 5 months in repairs and over 6 hours in travel time back and forth and with over 20 hours in phone calls, emails and other paperwork.... to find out that the problem with the receiver is not fixed. This whole experience had cost me over inconvenience, time and money and product is still not working.

What do Onkyo recommend at this point in time ? I'm not spending another 3 hours in going back and forth to the same service center and get the same result after a month of wait times in repairs. I want some one from Onkyo to contact me immediately and get this resolved asap.

Sachin

coolshyguy

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:40 pm

Can you provide the serial number of your receiver; as well as the authorized Onkyo service center you have previously had your receiver serviced so we can further evaluate your issue? I would like to have this issue resolved promptly (as you would too); so please provide the information via email: onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  coolshyguy Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:06 pm

OnkyoUSA wrote:Can you provide the serial number of your receiver; as well as the authorized Onkyo service center you have previously had your receiver serviced so we can further evaluate your issue? I would like to have this issue resolved promptly (as you would too); so please provide the information via email: onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator

I have sent an email to the email address above with my serial number & Service center name, address along with the email chain. I would absolutely like to get this resolved asap.

Sachin

coolshyguy

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:16 pm

Thank you for your correspondence; we are working to resolve this issue. We will contact you via phone shortly.

Best Regards;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down