Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX NR-807 NO SOUND, NO NETWORK

+3
xcal807x
OnkyoUSA
dennisson
7 posters

Go down

TX NR-807 NO SOUND, NO NETWORK Empty TX NR-807 NO SOUND, NO NETWORK

Post  dennisson Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:35 am

Greetings!

I bought a tx-nr807 in december 2009, and for about a month ago it started to sporadicly loose sound and go of the network. It helped to do a reset at first, but slowly this issue has gone worse. Now i cant get any sound out if it, the problem is on every source (digital, anolog, FM, testtone etc). The "speaker icons" in the display does not light up, but everything else seams to work. I have learned that it is the "hdmi board" that causes this and that it is a common problem. My two year waranty expired of course about one month before the problem occoard Crying or Very sad

Is this what you can expect from a better "middleclass" receiver from Onkyo, with a pricetag on 1500 usd? If so, then i know what NOT to by when i have to scrap this one and by a new amp.. Arrow

Very sad...

Edit-> I have the latest SW.

Best regards

Dennis Andersson, overseas -> Sweden

dennisson

Back to top Go down

TX NR-807 NO SOUND, NO NETWORK Empty Re: TX NR-807 NO SOUND, NO NETWORK

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:36 pm

Hi dennisson,

I apologize for the inconvenience but depending on when your warranty ran out please know that you do have a 45 day grace period for repair and if you fall within that period you either take/send this to one of our authorized service centers.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dennisson Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:03 pm

Hi!
Thanks for reply. Sadly the 45day grace expired the 17/1 -12. The problem begang earlier, but how can i proof that? It was not that big of a problem at first and as i told you, -a reset temporarly solved the issue. I thought at the time that it could not get worse (how wrong i was) and i didnt want to bother my dealer for "a little issue" at the time. So here i am:(

Dennis

dennisson

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:04 pm

Hi dennisson,
Please contact our parts and service department for assistance. 1-201-785-2600 option 4. They are here Monday-Friday 9am-5pm. Email: parts@us.onkyo.com Thank you for contacting Onkyo via our forum
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dennisson Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:18 pm

I have sent them a email, i hope that this is can be solved study

Thanks for your quick reply.

Dennis

dennisson

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:31 pm

Hi dennisson,

Thank you for choosing Onkyo.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dennisson Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:51 pm

Unfortunately you linked me to the wrong country, as i live in sweden, the european support-site was the accurate one. I´ve been tossed around in onkyo-usa´s mailboxes today but now i´ve sent an mail to (what i hope) is the right one Neutral in europe.

i´ll be back..

Dennis

dennisson

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:04 pm

Hi dennisson,

I apologize for the inconvenience. Hopefully you'll get to the proper department.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dennisson Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:01 pm

Its allright Smile We all make mistakes Wink

dennisson

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:18 am

Very true, thanks for understanding. We hope you were able to get the assistance you needed.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  xcal807x Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:34 pm

I actually have the same problem. I brought it in for service and it worked fine after. But now it started acting up again and i just got it back from service last month. Now when i turn on the receiver the speaker icons are off and i have to wait for the receiver stay in for like 5 to 10 mins then turn if off and turn it back on to get the speakers icon on. Its like the receiver needs to be warm up or something. So i don't know if i should bring it back for service or what? I m getting annoyed with this receiver. Had it for about almost 2 years.

xcal807x

Back to top Go down

Post  dennisson Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:58 pm

Xcal807x: What did they do at the serviceshop? Resolder or exchange of something? Did you have the exact same problem before service?

Kindly
Dennis

Last edited by dennisson on Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spell)

dennisson

Back to top Go down

Post  xcal807x Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:06 pm

Yeah i had the same problem. No audio and no sound. When i went to pick it up, the guy did tell me there is something wrong with this part But i forgot what he said. However its acting up again after a month. But this time all i have to do is to turn it on for 5 to 10 mins then shut if off and turn it back on again it works. I mean i don't think i should go through that hassle at all.

xcal807x

Back to top Go down

TX NR-807 NO SOUND, NO NETWORK Empty TX-8050 Losing NET connection (DHCP?)

Post  majorspydr Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:15 pm

Recently bought TX 8050. I also have a Russound AMP as Zone 2. A few days after I set up the NET (DSl with ATT with direct connection) the net would drop out. Only a system reset would correct. I decided to leave my router up 24/7 and it seemed to work well for a month. Today it dropped again. I reset the internet connection with no luck. Did a Onkyo re set and the system came right back up after initializing (to the same station I had on last night) Could this be hardware issue? I have the receiver for just 45 days. Are there known software bugs? System re set is not the fix; I hate to have to keep re entering my data.

majorspydr

Back to top Go down

Post  dennisson Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:38 pm

Majorspydr-> dont know.. i think you would get a proper answer from onkyoUsa if you create a new thread:) It seems like onkyo only answer if you create a specifik "own" thread regarding your amp and problem:)

dennisson

Back to top Go down

Post  MidTennesseeAudio Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:41 pm

Majorspydr - Contanct the Onkyo support center at 201-785-2600 and select option 4. The support center was very helpful with my network / sound issue. Smile

MidTennesseeAudio

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:26 pm

Hi MidTennesseeAudio,

We are glad we could be of assistance.. Thank you for choosing Onkyo.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  opus345 Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:58 pm

MidTennesseeAudio wrote:Majorspydr - Contanct the Onkyo support center at 201-785-2600 and select option 4. The support center was very helpful with my network / sound issue. Smile

MidTennesseeAudio, can you tell us what the support center told you to do? I have the same problem as documented in this thread. Purchased Feb 18, 2010. No audio issue over the last couple months which has progressively gotton worse until tonight it stopped and I can not get it reset. Turn off, hard reset, reset PC, put fan on it for 15-20 mins. No Audio and network/firmware is greyed out. I will call the support center in the morning, but was curious what guidance they gave. Thanks in advance.

Opus

opus345

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:23 am

Hi Forum Users,
Regarding the 807 issue please contact our parts and service department for assistance. 201-785-2600 option 4 or parts@us.onkyo.com Monday-Friday 9am-5pm. Please provide them with your name, number, address, model number, serial number, and issue you are experiencing. Thank you for contacting Onkyo via our forum.

Hi Majorspydr,
Please create your own thread as dennisson suggested. It will help to keep us organized and make it easier for us to give you an answer. Thank you.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

TX NR-807 NO SOUND, NO NETWORK Empty TX-NR807 - No Sound No Network No firmware

Post  coolshyguy Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:12 am

I have been experiencing this issue of no sound, no network and no firmware update for TX-NR807 receiver. This receiver worked great for 2 years but I started experiencing this no sound issue recently about 2 months ago. I had initially ignored the issue but now this is getting worse no sound for hours. When the unit is powered up there is no audio. This happens in all configurations. TV with HDMI, BluRay or DVD player, the built in Tuner and no audio gets passed through to the TV. When this first happened I spent a couple of hours going through the menus to make sure I hadn't accidentally set something different. Finally I tried resetting the unit and after several tries I had audio.

I have no idea on how to resolve the issue. My receiver is out of warranty by 2 months.. (bought it in Jan 2010).. I'm not sure on how to get it to work. I read many forums but I think this is a product issue and there should be official recall for TX-NR807 product. As discussed in many forums if there is a faulty HDMI board this can also result in fire or explosion.

Regards,
Sachin

coolshyguy

Back to top Go down

TX NR-807 NO SOUND, NO NETWORK Empty TX-NR807 - No Sound No Network No firmware

Post  opus345 Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:08 pm

Cool,

You will not be able to resolve the issue yourself. It will get progressive worse until it completely stops producing sound. Additionally, you may also find your Network and Firmware menu items grayed out and not accessible.

I was out of warranty by30 days when it finally went south. Onkyo does honor a 45 day grace period, but with the NR807, they have a special warranty for this issue. Call or email Onkyo support and they should help to get you moving in the right direction.

Opus

opus345

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:22 am

Hi Opus,
Thank you for assisting us in the answering this question.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down