Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Video issues on TXNR515

3 posters

Go down

Video issues on TXNR515 Empty Video issues on TXNR515

Post  ProInstaller Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:05 pm

I have had a couple of customers with the same issue on a TXnr515 receiver. Audio always turns on but video does not appear until receiver is unplugged then restarted. Is this just a firmware issue or do I have bad receivers? Thanks anybody for your help.I am using new Contractor series 1.4 HDMI cables.

ProInstaller

Back to top Go down

Video issues on TXNR515 Empty Re: Video issues on TXNR515

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:10 pm

If you are still experiencing the same issue(s), Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation below. We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Video issues on TXNR515 Empty I suggest changing to a different make

Post  MARK616 Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:00 am

I have given up on Onkyo. I am in UK and in Sept 2012 bought a new TX-NR515 and upgraded to latest software as soon as I set the amp up - as told to do so in the instructions. I continually had video out problems - where no signal came out either HDMI or HDMI when I turned the unit on sometimes. I checked everything but to no avail. So I reported it to Onkyo , whom to this day did not reply. I then took it back to the shop and paid more for a TX-NR616, believing that if it was a 0.3 percent problem then surely I would be ok with this one. How wrong I was - it was EXACTLY the same with the 616.
The shop doubted me and took the unit to check. They reported after a week that they had experienced problems and the manager had opened up a second 616 to test that and had experienced the same problem again...
So there you go: certainly not a 0.3 percent problem.
It is appallingly poor customer service from Onkyo and ridiculous they have not addressed this issue professionally.
I changed the amp for a Yamaha which has Airplay but lacks THX but after listening to it I like the Yamaha better.
I HAVE PROMISED MYSELF NEVER TO BY ONKYO AGAIN.

MARK616

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:48 pm

We are still working on this issue and awaiting further feedback and data. We are still compiling information from those affected by this issue and appreciate the information being provided by those who want to help resolve this unforeseen misoperation. Please await further information regarding the resolution of this specific issue and further instructions.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down