Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TX-NR515 HDMI Video Out Issues

2 posters

Go down

TX-NR515 HDMI Video Out Issues Empty TX-NR515 HDMI Video Out Issues

Post  8woof8 Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:59 pm

Receiver less than 2 weeks old... worked perfectly until yesterday. I have a very simple setup... Verizon FiOS DVR to the NR515 receiver... HDMI out to a Panasonic plasma TV. Picture and audio were perfect until yesterday. Started noticing high pixelation and choppy audio on ESPN HD. Local HD channels were much better, but still signs of occasional pixelation. Started reviewing other channels... some wer marginally affected, others were so bad you couldn't determine what was being broadcast.

Swapped Verizon box... confirmed existing works fine on another TV... tested a different box connected to the NR-515... same issue. Ruled out all Verizon components, including cabling. Bypassed receiver totally, picture and audio is perfect on all channels. Put the NR-515 back inline, problems recur.

Found this forum, and the flood of similar complaints. Unpowered the unit, repowered, and it starts working fine again. Latest firmware was installed a week ago. Please update on a status for this ibviously well-known issue. I have TWO other receivers on their way... I was really impressed at first... I'd like to know if this will be corrected quickly.

8woof8

Back to top Go down

TX-NR515 HDMI Video Out Issues Empty Re: TX-NR515 HDMI Video Out Issues

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:33 pm

We are still in the progress of resolving this issue; but would like some information from those afflicted with this issue to provide the following data for further research:

• Make/model of source device(s):

• Does this happen with all sources? If not, which one(s)?

• Make/model and length of HDMI cables/extenders/etc :

• When does this happen (always at initial power on, when switching sources, while watching a particular source, combination)?

• Make/model of TV/ Projector:

• Approximately how often does this happen (1 out of 10 times, etc)?

• How many times has this happened?

• How long has the unit been installed?

• What is the exact firmware version (check by going to FW update via the "Home" button on the remote)?

• What is the HDMI Monitor Out setting (Auto, THRU, etc)?

• Are you using HDMI OUT MAIN or SUB?

• What is the Picture Mode (Custom, Cinema, Through, Direct, etc)?

• Is HDMI Control (RIHD) On or Off (look in Hardware Setup-> HDMI)?

• Is HDMI THRU On or Off (look in Hardware Setup-> HDMI)?

• Is Net Standby On or Off ((look in Hardware Setup-> Network)?

• What is the Incoming and Outgoing video resolution (press the Display Button on the front panel until it shows both… should be something like "1080p/60 -> 1080p/60")

We appreciate all responses and look forward to resolving this issue promptly. Thank you again for your patronage, patience, and cooperation.

Cordially;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  8woof8 Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:31 am

ANSWERS AS REQUESTED...

• Make/model of source device(s):
Verizon FiOS DVR, Motorola HD QIP 7100 1

• Does this happen with all sources? If not, which one(s)?
This is the only source I have connected.

• Make/model and length of HDMI cables/extenders/etc :
Have tried multiple high quality cables, 4' to 10'... no change. Picture and audio are perfect if I bypass the TX-NR515 altogether (straight from DVR to TV). If I add the TX-NR515 back, problem recurs. If I substitute the TX-NR515 with my Denon AVR Receiver, the Denon works perfectly. Definitely isolated to the TX-NR515. Some channels will be worse than others.

• When does this happen (always at initial power on, when switching sources, while watching a particular source, combination)?
Only one source/combination... DVR and TV. Did not happen for first week. Happens randomly now in past few days. Picture can be fine, gradually gets worse until not viewable. Last time it started right after power-on. Unplugging does seem to get it back to normal.

• Make/model of TV/ Projector:
Panasonic TH-50PX60U

• Approximately how often does this happen (1 out of 10 times, etc)?
Has occurred 3-4 times during the past 2-3 days. Worked fine first 7 days I had it.

• How many times has this happened?
3-4 times

• How long has the unit been installed?
Less than 2 weeks.

• What is the exact firmware version (check by going to FW update via the "Home" button on the remote)?
1130-9106-0300 (upgraded to latest on date received as instructed on documentation).

• What is the HDMI Monitor Out setting (Auto, THRU, etc)?
AUTO

• Are you using HDMI OUT MAIN or SUB?
MAIN

• What is the Picture Mode (Custom, Cinema, Through, Direct, etc)?
CUSTOM

• Is HDMI Control (RIHD) On or Off (look in Hardware Setup-> HDMI)?
ON

• Is HDMI THRU On or Off (look in Hardware Setup-> HDMI)?
AUTO

• Is Net Standby On or Off ((look in Hardware Setup-> Network)?
ON

• What is the Incoming and Outgoing video resolution (press the Display Button on the front panel until it shows both… should be something like "1080p/60 -> 1080p/60")
720P/60 --> 1080P/60

8woof8

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:40 pm

We are still in the progress of evaluating this issue and when new information is available; I will update the forum users of this data. Please be patient as we are still working on this issue.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down