Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

***TX-NR515 and TX-NR616 Firmware Notification***

+25
LDSPilot
Paladin2187
311stylie
dslo
sigfreund
jbnl
satriani
MusicLover
MARK616
doryphore
david_l312
pat6366
knookuk
KI2000
MusicHK
Bitsmart Corp
mgause
hodell
IBamBam
ChrisNow
OnkyoUSA
Gray44
dsuder
ndskurfer
nwhetsel10241980
29 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

***TX-NR515 and TX-NR616 Firmware Notification*** - Page 2 Empty Re: ***TX-NR515 and TX-NR616 Firmware Notification***

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:21 pm

Please review your PM so I can obtain some information and have a Product Support representative contact you regarding your inquiries.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

***TX-NR515 and TX-NR616 Firmware Notification*** - Page 2 Empty Re: ***TX-NR515 and TX-NR616 Firmware Notification***

Post  MARK616 Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:02 am

BOTH AMPLIFIERS ARE NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE. THEY BOTH SUFFER A SERIOUS ISSUE WHERE NO VIDEO OUTPUT ITERMITENTLY OCCURS WHEN POWERING ON. THE ONLY WAY TO FIX IS BY UNPLUGGING AND REPLUGGING.
ALL PEOPLES COMMENTS ABOUT "OCCURS WHEN NETWORK STANDBY IS ON ONLY" - JUST TURN OFF AND ON ON FRONT SWITCH - BAD HDMI CABLE - AND NOT LATEST SOFTWARE - OR DO A RESET - ARE ALL NG FIXES.
THE PROBLEM IS IN THE UNITS - I HAD A NEW 515 IN AUGUST 2012 AND HAD THE ISSUE THEN UPGRADED TO A 616 WHICH ALSO HAS THE PROBLEM. IT IS RIDICULOUS AND I PLAN TO GET A REFUND ON THE 616 AND MOVE TO ANOTHER MAKE

MARK616

Back to top Go down

Post  MARK616 Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:07 am

BOTH AMPLIFIERS SUFFER AN ISSUE WHERE NO VIDEO OUTPUT ITERMITENTLY OCCURS WHEN POWERING ON. THE ONLY WAY TO FIX IS BY UNPLUGGING AND REPLUGGING.
ALL PEOPLES COMMENTS ABOUT "OCCURS WHEN NETWORK STANDBY IS ON ONLY" - JUST TURN OFF AND ON ON FRONT SWITCH - BAD HDMI CABLE - IT'S A HANDSHAKE ISSUE... AND NOT LATEST SOFTWARE - OR DO A UNIT RESET - ARE ALL NG FIXES.
THE PROBLEM IS IN THE UNITS - I HAD A NEW 515 IN AUGUST 2012 AND HAD THE ISSUE THEN UPGRADED TO A 616 WHICH ALSO HAS THE PROBLEM. IT IS RIDICULOUS AND THE ODD MESSAGE SAYING ONKYO ARE WORKING ON IT IS NOT ENOUGH.
IT AMAZES ME THE RECIEVERS GET SUCH GOOD REVIEWS, WHEN FUNDAMENTALLY THEY DO NOT WORK RELIABLY???

MARK616

Back to top Go down

Post  MusicLover Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:35 am

I continue to wait, now going on 3? weeks to get my phone call after Onkyo OP said the firmware on 616 was "100% safe to use".

A month later, we all know what crap that was, for Onkyo themselves pulled that firmware update within days of telling all of us " it has been fully tested, it is 100% safe to use, and it will fix all issues"

Curious and need an answer here Onkyo OP: Since 616 came out in the USA, how many firmware versions have their been, including the ones that show up online and then are pulled days later when your un-paid beta testers (aka Cash paying customers) tell you what utter crap that version is.

So - how many firmware versions have their been (including the pulled ones) ? 10? 20 ? for a product 6 months old that still does not work.

Now that summer is over, and I have more time, unless this is resolved next week to my 100% satisfaction, the NJ Atty General shall be contacted; and prep for Class Action lawsuit. I also find it very hard to believe only 0.3% of year 2012 customers have not one problem (which is what you stated many times). The nice thing about a Class Action lawsuit is the company, at their own expense, must provide all documentation to support that.

If you wish, have your in-house JD reply, for I'm sure a company the size of Onkyo, has in-house legal there in NJ.

MusicLover

Back to top Go down

***TX-NR515 and TX-NR616 Firmware Notification*** - Page 2 Empty TX-NR515 AND 616 VIDEO OUT PROBLEM

Post  MARK616 Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:57 am

I have given up on Onkyo. I am in UK and in Sept 2012 bought a new TX-NR515 and upgraded to latest software as soon as I set the amp up - as told to do so in the instructions. I continually had video out problems - where no signal came out either HDMI or HDMI when I turned the unit on sometimes. I checked everything but to no avail. So I reported it to Onkyo , whom to this day did not reply. I then took it back to the shop and paid more for a TX-NR616, believing that if it was a 0.3 percent problem then surely I would be ok with this one. How wrong I was - it was EXACTLY the same with the 616.
The shop doubted me and took the unit to check. They reported after a week that they had experienced problems and the manager had opened up a second 616 to test that and had experienced the same problem again...
So there you go: certainly not a 0.3 percent problem.
It is appallingly poor customer service from Onkyo and ridiculous they have not addressed this issue professionally.
I changed the amp for a Yamaha which has Airplay but lacks THX but after listening to it I like the Yamaha better.
I HAVE PROMISED MYSELF NEVER TO BY ONKYO AGAIN.

MARK616

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:56 pm

We are still working on this issue and awaiting further feedback and data. We are still compiling information from those affected by this issue and appreciate the information being provided by those who want to help resolve this unforeseen misoperation. Please await further information regarding the resolution of this specific issue and further instructions.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  satriani Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:01 am

I just bouht the 616 last week here in the Netherlands, and it looks to me as if im also to the 0.3% ....
I guess if you take some time to search the internet, you will find (ie on avforums.com) that your estimate of .3% is on at least the very low side...
My assumption is that you should place the divider at least 1 position to the right, if not even 2, making it 30% ....

What I notice is this, giving you specs so you have all information you might require:

AVR: TX-NR616 Latest firmware.

Input:
I have 1 Popcornhour A-300 -> HDMI 1 (BR/DVD)
I have 1 Cisco 8485DVB Settopbox -> HDMI 2 (CBL/SAT)
I have 1 Samsung TV (LE40650B) -> HDMI Main Out

Setup of the receiver:
HDMI Pass trhough HDMI2 when Stand-by, no scaling just simply pass through.

Now this happens:
When I turn on the AVR, TV and STB, I have perfect image and sound over the HDMI.
Then, while running all, I power down the AVR... Images and sound remain, works like a charm.

Now, when all is turned off, and I power on TV and STB, no picture or sound to the TV.. (Weird, since when the 616 was powered on, and powered off while having sound and pciture, it worked...)
Then, I leave on the STB and TV and turn on the 616.... Still nothing happens. No Pic / Sound

Tried the same with my Popcorn pass-tru (just selected HDMI1 as input for this) , Same result...
Also tried with only 1 HDMI input connected, same result...

My TV says: No input: Check Cable....

Please stop saying that only .3% is facing these issues... I am convinced that its much higher... Googling for reviews on this unit (616) immediately results in hits with HDMI issues...
So: Why did I still buy it then?? I had faith in Onkyo, since they were top of the bill materials in their price range, no less then some very high end-amps... And I assumed that Onkyo would resolve this quickly.

It seems you are working on it, but if I dont see a fix soon, I will return the unit, and never buy an other Onkyo device again, and advice all my friends who ask me for advice on their HT setup to stay away from Onkyo... Not a threat, but simply that I dont want to be blamed by people for advicing them the wrong materials....

Please restore my faith by either a new firmware, or admit that there is something seriously wrong with the hardware and recall the units...

satriani

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:58 pm

We are still in the progress of evaluating this issue and when new information is available; I will update the forum users of this data. Please be patient as we are still working on this issue.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  satriani Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:08 am

Can you provide some sort of outlook on when you expect to ave a new firmware?

satriani

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:27 pm

Hello satriani;

Please review your PM for further information so we can assist you promptly.

Thank You again for your patience and cooperation regarding this issue;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pat6366 Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:36 pm

What is the latest on the firmware update? Has there been an update since early August?

pat6366

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:59 pm

Please check the PRESS RELEASES on our Onkyo webpage for further upcoming information on the implementation and release of the firmware version addressing the improvement of the HDMI VIDEO issue for the TX-NR 515 and TX-NR 616 receivers. Information will be provided within the next week.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jbnl Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:38 pm

New software for europe models can be found on the europe site.

jbnl

Back to top Go down

***TX-NR515 and TX-NR616 Firmware Notification*** - Page 2 Empty Latest Firmware Number (12 digits):1141-0108-0400 (TX-NR616)

Post  sigfreund Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:41 am

Just updated to new firmware. It was a major pain! Apparently update via internet has been disabled so update must be via USB (so don't expect a alert telling you the new F/W is available). The link to update instructions is broken so you have to figure it out on your own. Instruction in manual are out of date and no help. I finally had to unplug receiver after disconnecting lan cable to finally get the USB to show up as an option for F/W upgrade.

sigfreund

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:57 pm

A firmware update for the TX-NR515 and TX-NR616 is now available.

This update is available ONLY via USB at this time. This update addresses the HDMI video out issue some customers have been experiencing. The update also includes enhancements to both the TX-NR515 and TX-NR616. More details can be found on the respective product pages or in the support section: http://www.us.onkyo.com/download/software.cfm.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dslo Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:58 pm

I just unzipped the firmware files to my USB, but the receiver isn't reading them. What am I doing wrong? I see the files on the USB (on my computer).

Also, will this be released via net?

dslo

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:57 am

In regards to your issue- it would possibly be more effective to contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation below. We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue, with you having access to your unit, as prompt as possible. Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (Monday- Sunday 24 hours a day: (800) 229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT). We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

Also; the firmware update will only be made available via USB; there is NO information to confirm the development and implementation of a "web-acessible" version of the latest firmware update. Please review your PM so I can further prvoide some easier assistance if you are a Onkyo US or Onkyo Canadian customer.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  doryphore Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:53 am

jbnl wrote:New software for europe models can be found on the europe site.

Hello

I'am french and i want to know if i can install the firmware U.S., or if we should just install the European?

Is it evolves at the same time, they do not have the same number?

Cordially

Doryphore

doryphore

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:18 pm

doryphore wrote:
jbnl wrote:New software for europe models can be found on the europe site.

Hello

I'am french and i want to know if i can install the firmware U.S., or if we should just install the European?

Is it evolves at the same time, they do not have the same number?

Cordially

Doryphore

Please review the Onkyo Europe website for the comparable firmware update version for your receiver via USB download. This F/W update is NOT available via ethernet download; it is only available via USB download. If you are still experiencing the same issue , Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue.

Best Regards;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dslo Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:25 pm

So, I installed the new firmware update and now there is a serious lag in the video popping up on screen when the TV is first turned on. This wasn't happening prior to the firmware update. My TV is connected via HDMI into receiver and pass through is set to on. I've read previous posts where people were having these issues. Seems like the video signal is having a problem being read.

Any advice on how to correct this?

Thanks.

dslo

Back to top Go down

***TX-NR515 and TX-NR616 Firmware Notification*** - Page 2 Empty TX-NR616 NO VIDEO OUTPUT. RECALL OR REFUND DEMANDED IF YOU CAN NOT FIX. TOO MANY USERS WITH SAME PROBLEM

Post  311stylie Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:13 pm

OK people.... I see hundreds of consumers with the same problem on the 515 and 616 line. If you need to know my system configuration I will give it to you but you should know before asking that EVERYTHING WORKED FINE until I turned off the power on my outlets to change a switch out. Yes the system was off (or in standby). AFTER THAT my system WILL NOT SHOW VIDEO WITHOUT UNPLUGGING AND PLUGGING BACK IN. What is the deal ONKYO?????

IS THIS GROUNDS FOR A RECALL??? I HAVE THE LATEST UPDATE AS OF THIS WEEKEND (10/26/2012) AND NO CHANGE. SAME PROBLEM. UNPLUG AND PLUG BACK IN AFTER POWER UP TO GET FREAKING VIDEO.

For spending $700 I DEMAND A SOLUTION OR A REFUND.

OBVIOUSLY THE LATEST FIRMWARE IS NOT A FIX

311stylie

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:12 pm

311stylie wrote:OK people.... I see hundreds of consumers with the same problem on the 515 and 616 line. If you need to know my system configuration I will give it to you but you should know before asking that EVERYTHING WORKED FINE until I turned off the power on my outlets to change a switch out. Yes the system was off (or in standby). AFTER THAT my system WILL NOT SHOW VIDEO WITHOUT UNPLUGGING AND PLUGGING BACK IN. What is the deal ONKYO?????

IS THIS GROUNDS FOR A RECALL??? I HAVE THE LATEST UPDATE AS OF THIS WEEKEND (10/26/2012) AND NO CHANGE. SAME PROBLEM. UNPLUG AND PLUG BACK IN AFTER POWER UP TO GET FREAKING VIDEO.

For spending $700 I DEMAND A SOLUTION OR A REFUND.

OBVIOUSLY THE LATEST FIRMWARE IS NOT A FIX

We would like further information regarding your issue to confirm that you are currently using the current firmware version (1141-0800..) and not the previous versions. Have you attempted the firmware update twice to ensure that you are currently using the current firmware version?

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Paladin2187 Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:08 pm

So can anyone who has had problems with HDMI handshaking or HDMI video issues and found improvement with the firmware update from October verify their success here? Or can someone provide links to comments from users who have had a good experience as a result of the new firmware?

All I see in the forums so far are complaints that the firmware update either refuses to install or that it has not made improvement or has caused new problems.

Thanks

Paladin2187

Back to top Go down

***TX-NR515 and TX-NR616 Firmware Notification*** - Page 2 Empty Mines Bricked...

Post  LDSPilot Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:11 am

I actually had HDMI issues start a couple weeks before the Firmware update was available. Was able to restore with a full power cycle.

Tried updating Firmware, never completed fully. Tried 6 updates, finally took to .400 firmware; but absolutely no video out: not even from Composite Video out...

Something's majorly wrong as it just stated another Firmware update. Before, firmware would show .??00.

Very upset!

Has to be something more than firmware; or firmware that's fried some hardware.

LDSPilot

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:10 pm

LDSPilot wrote:I actually had HDMI issues start a couple weeks before the Firmware update was available. Was able to restore with a full power cycle.

Tried updating Firmware, never completed fully. Tried 6 updates, finally took to .400 firmware; but absolutely no video out: not even from Composite Video out...

Something's majorly wrong as it just stated another Firmware update. Before, firmware would show .??00.

Very upset!

Has to be something more than firmware; or firmware that's fried some hardware.

Have you tried a FORCED UPDATE on this receiver to update the firmware version and confirm the latest firmware version as well? When using the COMPOSITE VIDEO out; what is the current INPUT/OUTPUT ASSIGN setting for that particular input- is it currently set to a HDMI or COMPONENT VIDEO setting as well? As this will disable the COMPOSITE VIDEO setting as the latter will have priority over COMPOSITE. In regards to your issue- it would possibly be more effective to contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation below. We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue, with you having access to your unit, as prompt as possible. Please contact our Product Support Dept for further assistance with this specific issue via our phone number and hours of operation (Monday- Sunday 24 hours a day: (800) 229-1687; option #3 PRODUCT SUPPORT). We would like to speak with you and work to troubleshoot and resolve your issue as prompt as possible.

Thank You;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next