Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Onkyo TX-NR609 Powering Off when Volume Turned Up

2 posters

Go down

Onkyo TX-NR609 Powering Off when Volume Turned Up Empty Onkyo TX-NR609 Powering Off when Volume Turned Up

Post  CyPotter Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:47 pm

Hello,

I've got the Onkyo TX-NR609 with paired Onkyo speakers setup recently but am having problems cranking it up. I can play music fairly loudly (70) with just the front 2 channels and a sub activated, but if I turn on all 5.1 speakers I can't turn it up very loud without the system shutting off and displaying the "check sp wire" afterwards. The volume works fine on all channels if it's not turned very loudly. Does that mean one of the surrounds or the center channel have a loose speaker wire connection somewhere? It seems odd that they work fine unless you turn them up loud. For example if they are at 60 they work fine, try turning it up to 65 or above and it kills the receiver.

CyPotter

Back to top Go down

Onkyo TX-NR609 Powering Off when Volume Turned Up Empty Re: Onkyo TX-NR609 Powering Off when Volume Turned Up

Post  OnkyoUSA Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:19 pm

Hi CyPotter,

Please try to reset the receiver and while it is off please check to make sure all the speaker wires are in nice and tight and you have no loose wires touching another speaker terminal. To do the reset you need to turn the receiver on, then on the front panel of the receiver press and hold the "VCR/DVR" button while doing that press the "STANDBY/ON" button. You will see the word "Clear" in the display screen and the receiver will go into standby mode. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR AUDIO & VIDEO ASSIGNMENTS ON THE RECEIVER PLUS YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR SPEAKER CONFIGURATIONS, SPEAKER DISTANCE AND ALL LEVEL CALIBRATION SETTINGS. YOU WILL ALSO LOSE ANY PROGRAMMED RADIO STATIONS IN MEMORY. Once the receiver goes into standby mode turn it back on and go thru the setup menu for all custom settings.

Thank you,

Forum Moderator.
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Onkyo TX-NR609 Powering Off when Volume Turned Up Empty Re: Onkyo TX-NR609 Powering Off when Volume Turned Up

Post  CyPotter Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:33 am

It looks like resetting it has worked so far. I haven't reset the speaker distances/etc. My home theater is pretty small physically, the front speakers are only a few few apart from the center channel, they are essentially flanking a 50 inch plasma screen. I wonder if by putting the literal speaker distance as X feet from the viewing position (7-8 feet) it was tripping because it thought it was too loud for the small area? The speakers themselves were very well connected (professionally installed with wall mounted speakers). I'll test it again after I get a chance to go through the settings and make them custom to my setup.

CyPotter

Back to top Go down

Post  OnkyoUSA Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:41 pm

Glad to see your issue has been resolved and the receiver is providing you with entertainment. Please contact our Product Support department if you have any further inquiries or issues promptly.

Best Regards;

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down