Onkyo USA Product Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HT-R390 Unit powering off, static at low volume

2 posters

Go down

HT-R390 Unit powering off, static at low volume Empty HT-R390 Unit powering off, static at low volume

Post  jkimball Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:34 am

I have this issue with my receiver (HT-390). I found the quote below on the Onkyo support site. I entered my serial number and it said that my model was not affected. If my receiver was not manufactured during these times, then why does my receiver exhibit these same defects? Any help with this situation would be greatly appreciated.

Sudden Shut down and or Static Noise from speaker
Dear Valued Customers,

A limited number of ONKYO models manufactured during the months of November 2011, December 2011 and January 2012 may exhibit one of or both of the following defects:

• When powering on the unit, the unit will turn on then turn off automatically
• Static Noise emitted from speakers at low volume level
(The above mentioned defect(s) are not safety related)

Affected Models: TX-8255, TX-8050, HT-RC360, TX-SR309, TX-NR609, TX-NR709, TX-NR809, TX-NR1009, TX-NR5009, HT-S3400 (HT-R390), HT-S7409 (TX-NR609), HT-S8409 (TX-NR609)

Please follow these steps to see if you receiver needs this update.
Click this link to check your serial number:

jkimball

Back to top Go down

HT-R390 Unit powering off, static at low volume Empty Still having the same problems

Post  jkimball Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:57 pm

I am still having the same problems. Is there a moderator or someone who can help me figure this out. I have called tech support and left contact information. They never called back! To repeat my problem I am hearing a low volume static noise from my speakers. When I turn on the receiver it will turn off a few seconds later. This is the same problem stated in the recall notice! I enter my serial number on the recall page and the result says "your receiver does not need this update". If my receiver does not need the update, then why am I having the same problems with my receiver? Also, why is onkyo's support so terrible that they will not not acknowledge me or my problem? Sorry this post sounds overly angry, but it's very frustrating to be a paying customer and not even be acknowledged.

My system is the HT-S3400 surround sound system which includes the HT-R390 receiver.

jkimball

Back to top Go down

HT-R390 Unit powering off, static at low volume Empty Re: HT-R390 Unit powering off, static at low volume

Post  OnkyoUSA Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:28 pm

Please send the following information to the email address (onkyoadmin@us.onkyo.com) and to the attention of FORUM MODERATOR. Please include the following information:

- NAME:
-FORUM USERNAME/ HANDLE:
- ADDRESS:
- CITY/STATE:
- ZIP CODE:
- EMAIL:
- SERIAL NUMBER OF RECEIVER:
- MODEL NUMBER OF RECEIVER:
- DEALER OF PURCHASE:
- DATE OF PURCHASE:

I will process a box and label service ticket to have shipping materials shipped to your address to have your receiver serviced promptly. Thank you for your patience and cooperation regarding this issue you are experiencing.

Forum Moderator
OnkyoUSA
OnkyoUSA
Admin

https://onkyoproductsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

HT-R390 Unit powering off, static at low volume Empty Re: HT-R390 Unit powering off, static at low volume

Post  jkimball Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:40 pm

I have sent the email with the information you requested. It has been almost 3 months and I have not received any information about the problem I have. What do I need to do to get this problem taken care of?

jkimball

Back to top Go down

HT-R390 Unit powering off, static at low volume Empty Dead after a few weeks of use!

Post  jkimball Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:01 pm

About a month ago I sent my receiver in for repair. To my surprise it was shipped back to me within a week or so! Not sure if it was my original or a refurbished one, but I was very happy with the service and my system sounded great. The problem is that the receiver will not even turn on for more than a second then cuts back off. I am very disappointed with Onkyo products. I have an older Sony receiver that I used for over 5 years and it is still working great. There seems to be serious problems with Onkyo products. I hope a moderator will be able to help me fix this problem.

jkimball

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down